Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - No Administration, No points deduction, No embargo!

+5
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
luckyPeterpiper
xmiles
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ken Anderson - "I am also pleased to confirm that the club did not go into administration and there are no points deductions or embargo implications".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Sluffy on Mon Nov 12 2018, 23:17; edited 1 time in total

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Phew!

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I still find this a strange move from BluMarble all the way around. There's more to come out on this issue I'm sure. Hopefully we can relax a little now but I'd be lying if I said I felt completely confident that our worries are anywhere near over.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I still find this a strange move from BluMarble all the way around. There's more to come out on this issue I'm sure. Hopefully we can relax a little now but I'd be lying if I said I felt completely confident that our worries are anywhere near over.
You think it's a strange move from BluMarble? Really? How is that any stranger than Anderson signing a contract, then saying he sees no reason why the payments won't be met just days before the due date, then reneging on the deal and refusing to talk to them which inevitably caused the whole mess?
Now that is strange especially for someone who claims to be at least competent in business - but perhaps it's not because he's done it before and is widely known to be a twat.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You seem very angry this week. Did someone set fire to your armchair?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:You seem very angry this week. Did someone set fire to your armchair?

Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:You seem very angry this week. Did someone set fire to your armchair?
I'm fuming.

Thought Iles' tweet about meeting Parky and Parky asking him if he'd had a quiet international break was funny though.

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:I still find this a strange move from BluMarble all the way around. There's more to come out on this issue I'm sure. Hopefully we can relax a little now but I'd be lying if I said I felt completely confident that our worries are anywhere near over.
You think it's a strange move from BluMarble? Really? How is that any stranger than Anderson signing a contract, then saying he sees no reason why the payments won't be met just days before the due date, then reneging on the deal and refusing to talk to them which inevitably caused the whole mess?
Now that is strange especially for someone who claims to be at least competent in business - but perhaps it's not because he's done it before and is widely known to be a twat.
I was on holiday when all this broke out.

I've not seen the piece where it says Anderson signed a contract and the reneged on the deal with Blu Marble. Can you point me in the right direction? 

As for Anderson being a "twat" (your words), then that's music to my ears. We've needed a "twat" at the helm for along time.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nigelbwfc wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I've not seen the piece where it says Anderson signed a contract and the reneged on the deal with Blu Marble. Can you point me in the right direction? 

As for Anderson being a "twat" (your words), then that's music to my ears. We've needed a "twat" at the helm for along time.
There were several - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which includes the lines "Anderson said he had an offer for the full amount plus interest turned down – but sources in the BluMarble camp denied his claim."

I think we can agree that the BM version of events is more likely to be the truth and that Anderson didn't cough up as per the contract or they wouldn't have had a case to take to court in the first place would they? 

Anyhow, if someone owed you money and they offered to pay the full amount plus interest, would you turn it down? I don't think so.

As regards the "twat" comment - if you're interpreting that as someone who is careful with the club's money I'd be inclined to agree after the Gartside debacle, however a) we don't know yet if Anderson is being careful with the money or simply selling off the club's assets to prop up his own controlling position until he can get a big payoff and b) there are much richer "twats" who can actually afford to run a Championship club so he's not the twat I'd have by choice. I agree with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that Anderson needs to sell out to a richer "twat" now - especially as Anderson has now pointed to a £13million income deficit on the horizon. Hopefully our American friend is still an option despite Anderson hanging around for a bit longer.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

There were several - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which includes the lines "Anderson said he had an offer for the full amount plus interest turned down – but sources in the BluMarble camp denied his claim."

I think we can agree that the BM version of events is more likely to be the truth and that Anderson didn't cough up as per the contract or they wouldn't have had a case to take to court in the first place would they? 

Anyhow, if someone owed you money and they offered to pay the full amount plus interest, would you turn it down? I don't think so.

As regards the "twat" comment - if you're interpreting that as someone who is careful with the club's money I'd be inclined to agree after the Gartside debacle, however a) we don't know yet if Anderson is being careful with the money or simply selling off the club's assets to prop up his own controlling position until he can get a big payoff and b) there are much richer "twats" who can actually afford to run a Championship club so he's not the twat I'd have by choice. I agree with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that Anderson needs to sell out to a richer "twat" now - especially as Anderson has now pointed to a £13million income deficit on the horizon. Hopefully our American friend is still an option despite Anderson hanging around for a bit longer.
Strictly a guess... and someone else mentioned it before... but the terms of payment to BM was the problem.  KA wanted to extend payments and BM wanted it all or would move to bring the club to administration.  It's a reasonable guess... but we should also remember it was DeanO who borrowed the money initially and took the rather usurious interest charges (at least we are led to believe the interest percentage was high).

Whatever... we came out okay and then fell flat on the pitch. Watching the highlights (if they are really that at all), one can see how much quicker QPR was against us.  That's troubling... for a bottom team to outplay us at home.  Though many disagree, Boro and Ipswich may hasten our descent to the bottom six.  Thankfully we started out well this season.  Parky needs to get it right and to get the best out of what he has.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Strictly a guess... and someone else mentioned it before... but the terms of payment to BM was the problem.  KA wanted to extend payments and BM wanted it all or would move to bring the club to administration.  It's a reasonable guess... but we should also remember it was DeanO who borrowed the money initially and took the rather usurious interest charges (at least we are led to believe the interest percentage was high).
You mean the repayment terms that Anderson himself had renegotiated after the first repayment was missed?

Just speculation but what do you know about Anderson's role in Deano taking on the original loan? We should also remember that Deano had twice tried to save the club before Anderson became his partner.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The BluMarble loan was taken out with Holdsworth's SSBWFC, and so had nothing at all to do with Anderson when the first (and every other!) repayment was missed.

Holdsworth had set up a different agreement between SSBWFC and Burnden Leisure - so therefore KA had no dealings at all with BM directly until the shit hit the fan over Holdsworth's SSBWFC default to BM.

Travelodge

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Anderson renegotiated the payment structure and agreed to the Sep 01st 2018 deadline for full & final settlement of the debt.

It was nothing to do with Holdsworth.

He was already long gone.

Stop telling lies to defend your hero.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Travelodge wrote:Anderson renegotiated the payment structure and agreed to the Sep 01st 2018 deadline for full & final settlement of the debt.

It was nothing to do with Holdsworth.

He was already long gone.

Stop telling lies to defend your hero.

I'm answering Wanderlust post and telling no lies whatsoever?

wanderlust wrote:
You mean the repayment terms that Anderson himself had renegotiated after the first repayment was missed?

Just speculation but what do you know about Anderson's role in Deano taking on the original loan? We should also remember that Deano had twice tried to save the club before Anderson became his partner.

Holdsworth missed his first repayment to BluMarble on the 26th March, 2016 - long before Anderson ever got involved - it wasn't even his contract to be involved in, as I've said above the parties to the contract were SSBWFC and BluMarble - nothing at all to do with Inner Circle Investments or Burnden Leisure (both of which Anderson had/has an interest in).

Anyway, shouldn't you be putting people straight on twitter, oh wait don't tell me you've been banned for being abusive yet again!

Travelodge

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

I'll explain it slowly, using short words, in the hope that it sinks in, shall I?

When Anderson took sole ownership of the club, he renegotiated the debt with BM.

He discussed restructuring the terms of the repayment.

He agreed to a revised repayment schedule.

He signed a legal document to this effect.

(That means he agreed to pay it back when he said he would.)

He then missed the deadline for full & final settlement that HE (ie not Dean Holdsworth) agreed and signed up to on the 1st of September.

So this: "so had nothing at all to do with Anderson when the first (and every other!) repayment was missed" is a pile of bollocks.

I can sort of accept your convoluted attempts to obfuscate the issue (because that's what you do & you probably don't know any better) but please stop lying.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Travelodge wrote:I'll explain it slowly, using short words, in the hope that it sinks in, shall I?

When Anderson took sole ownership of the club, he renegotiated the debt with BM.

He then missed the deadline for full & final settlement that HE (ie not Dean Holdsworth) agreed and signed up to on the 1st of September.

So this: "so had nothing at all to do with Anderson when the first (and every other!) repayment was missed" is a pile of bollocks.

I can sort of accept your convoluted attempts to obfuscate the issue (because that's what you do & you probably don't know any better) but please stop lying.

Thank you, I'll reply back to you in short words also - that wasn't what Wanderlust was talking about (he even set it in context by going on to talk about Holdsworth taking out the loan and what involvement Anderson had!).

That's why I answered his remarks factually.

You on the other hand obviously misread what was written and gone off half-cocked and have clearly tried to cover up your mistake by attempting to ridicule me.

I noticed you didn't answer why you're no longer tweeting right now - did you?

Enforced break again perhaps?

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Travelodge wrote:I'll explain it slowly, using short words, in the hope that it sinks in, shall I?

I believe your rhetoric using the words "lying and obfuscation" is overblown.  What I referred to was the usurious rate that DeanO used to buy the club.  Everything stems from that interest which piled up and was thus described (and yes, I don't know the true facts... which is why I said "GUESS")... AND YES... Anderson renegotiated... but from a position of weakness.  YES... he missed and is responsible... but to me,  the fault lies in DeanO's takeover and the consequences thereafter... which we continue to owe to this day.  Is it Anderson's responsibility to pay his players on time?  Yes.  Should he take it out of his pocket?  Yes.  No billionaire has shown up to buy the club... so be thankful we are still in existence.  Was BM entitled to their money?  Yes.  KA has tried to delay payment after payment and that is wrong.  I'm surprised he has not sold the team and walked away with his profit (which he is entitled to do).  Then again, I'm glad we are not at the bottom of the table... but fully expect to be bottom six after the next 4 games.  I truly hope I am wrong about the next few games.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Thank you, I'll reply back to you in short words also - that wasn't what Wanderlust was talking about (he even set it in context by going on to talk about Holdsworth taking out the loan and what involvement Anderson had!).

You on the other hand obviously misread what was written and gone off half-cocked and have clearly tried to cover up your mistake by attempting to ridicule me.

That's not true. I said Anderson had renegotiated, but as regards his potential role in setting up the loan in the first place I clearly qualified the suggestion by opening with the words "just speculation" as a separate and subsequent comment. In no way was I contextualising the factual part about it being Anderson's deal - it was merely, as you would put it, just a thought.

At least we're all agreed that the deal Anderson reneged on was the deal Anderson made.

Travelodge

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Obs - Wasn't talking to you.

Lunatic in Slough - Thanks for proving my point about obfuscation.

I'm done now.

You won't be hearing from me again.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

That's not true. I said Anderson had renegotiated, but as regards his potential role in setting up the loan in the first place I clearly qualified the suggestion by opening with the words "just speculation" as a separate and subsequent comment. In no way was I contextualising the factual part about it being Anderson's deal - it was merely, as you would put it, just a thought.

At least we're all agreed that the deal Anderson reneged on was the deal Anderson made.

He could only renegotiate something he was going to be paying for if he was going to be a party to the deal and clearly as long as the original contract was between SSBWFC and BM, he clearly couldn't do that. So it's irrelevant how many payments SSBWFC missed until that point was reached.

As for reneging on the deal, neither you, me or anyone other than the parties involved know what was agreed and what the payment schedule was. The only fact we know for sure is that BM have agreed settlement on their loan.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum