Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Banksy stunt

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Banksy stunt Empty Banksy stunt Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:52 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You may have read about Sotheby's auctioning Banksy's version of the girl and red balloon graf for over a £million today - a painting which then promptly shredded itself.

Sotheby's claim they were flabbergasted by it but surely someone must have noticed that the frame in which it was mounted was a (albeit disguised) shredder when they plugged it into the mains?

OK it was a publicity stunt but it still made me laugh - and I really hope the buyer wasn't in on it.

2Banksy stunt Empty Re: Banksy stunt Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:20 pm

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:You may have read about Sotheby's auctioning Banksy's version of the girl and red balloon graf for over a £million today - a painting which then promptly shredded itself.

Sotheby's claim they were flabbergasted by it but surely someone must have noticed that the frame in which it was mounted was a (albeit disguised) shredder when they plugged it into the mains?

OK it was a publicity stunt but it still made me laugh - and I really hope the buyer wasn't in on it.

He's a video of them removing it from the wall and it wasn't plugged in so it's plausible that he did pull off the stunt unaided. Doubtful though.

https://nyti.ms/2y7qZ4u

3Banksy stunt Empty Re: Banksy stunt Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:04 pm

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I hope the point of the stunt was to point out that nobody should be paying a million quid for a painting, arseholes. Sort some poor kids out instead. I think that sort of extravagance has zero place in the world irrespective of how much money you have. Only despicable people do those things.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

4Banksy stunt Empty Re: Banksy stunt Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:49 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's being viewed as the live creation/completion of a new piece of art during the auction so the woman who bought it is keeping it.

5Banksy stunt Empty Re: Banksy stunt Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:05 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:It's being viewed as the live creation/completion of a new piece of art during the auction so the woman who bought it is keeping it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum