Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Happy clappers tell me why?

+13
Cajunboy
doffcocker
luckyPeterpiper
Boggersbelief
DEANO82
observer
Natasha Whittam
Bwfc1958
y2johnny
wanderlust
Norpig
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Sun Oct 28 2018, 14:39

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's the same old faces banging on about Parky being a great manager. And what do those faces all have in common? They haven't been to a match this century.
I have never been to the moon, but I know it's not made of cheese!

32Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Sun Oct 28 2018, 15:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:At what point would you admit that as crap as things are, nothing's gonna get significantly better in the long run by sacking the manager?

Probably not, but that's not an excuse to keep hold of a manager with no attacking instincts.

You sack the manager in the hope that things will improve, and as someone who has witnessed the home defeats to QPR, Forest and Hull, it isn't going to take much to do just that.

33Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Sun Oct 28 2018, 15:34

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There's absolutely no reason why a decent manager could not get this group of players playing as a unit, any team needs continuity and dropping players for little or no reason is nonsensical, keep chopping and changing week in week out is a little short of lunacy, the best managers know their best team and barring injuries send that team out, Parkinson it seems still doesn't know what that team is, and that's why he needs to go.

34Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Sun Oct 28 2018, 15:43

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:At what point would you admit that as crap as things are, nothing's gonna get significantly better in the long run by sacking the manager?

Probably not, but that's not an excuse to keep hold of a manager with no attacking instincts.

But it is.

If you owned a restaurant that only served egg and chips because you couldn't afford anything else, would you sack the chef in hope that things would improve, even if you were still only prepared to have him cook egg and chips?

35Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Sun Oct 28 2018, 15:47

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Strange analogy Doffers, you in the pub ?  Very Happy

36Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Sun Oct 28 2018, 15:50

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

MartinBWFC wrote:There's absolutely no reason why a decent manager could not get this group of players playing as a unit, any team needs continuity and dropping players for little or no reason is nonsensical, keep chopping and changing week in week out is a little short of lunacy, the best managers know their best team and barring injuries send that team out, Parkinson it seems still doesn't know what that team is, and that's why he needs to go.

But if he hadn't made widespread changes after a 3 nil defeat at home, people would be arguing that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

37Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Sun Oct 28 2018, 15:59

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:
But if he hadn't made widespread changes after a 3 nil defeat at home, people would be arguing that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
But I'm not just going off yesterday, he's been doing it for most of last season and this.

38Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Sun Oct 28 2018, 16:01

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Not many managers have survived two 10 game periods where they have gained virtually nothing.

39Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Sun Oct 28 2018, 17:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
If you owned a restaurant that only served egg and chips because you couldn't afford anything else, would you sack the chef in hope that things would improve, even if you were still only prepared to have him cook egg and chips?

I'm convinced you're WUMing now, only you and sluffy seem to be in the 'Parky In' camp.

If you've been to any of the recent games you'd know it can't get any worse.

40Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Sun Oct 28 2018, 17:27

Think it’s more a case of is there anyone out there who could doc a better job given circumstance and staff. Yet to see anything to suggest there is.

41Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Sun Oct 28 2018, 17:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Think it’s more a case of is there anyone out there who could doc a better job given circumstance and staff. Yet to see anything to suggest there is.

Thing is though, you can't guarantee any manager doing a good or bad job. Guardiola could come in and do fuck all, or Billy Davies could make us European Champions inside 5 years.

Nothing is guaranteed, that's what makes football so unpredictable. Right now I'd take any manager who can bring a bit of positivity. I'd rather lose trying to win matches than lose trying to avoid defeat.

42Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Sun Oct 28 2018, 17:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't worry. Anderson will give him £50 million in January to turn it around.
Then we'll get some fried bread to go with the egg and chips.

43Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Sun Oct 28 2018, 17:52

Natasha Whittam wrote: Right now I'd take any manager who can bring a bit of positivity. I'd rather lose trying to win matches than lose trying to avoid defeat.

That’s what Ipswich said with Paul Hurst replacing McCarthy.

Everyone would rather we played decent, attacking football. There aren’t many managers out there capable of that though and even less (if any) unemployed at the moment.

Aside from Dean Smith now at Villa I cant think of any in this half of the division who fit that mould - and only a handful in the top half (Bielsa, maybe Lampard? Bit early to say). Most are pragmatists like Parky, probably because that’s an easier ‘style’ to understand and communicate to get results short term.

44Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Sun Oct 28 2018, 18:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:That’s what Ipswich said with Paul Hurst replacing McCarthy.

Everyone would rather we played decent, attacking football. There aren’t many managers out there capable of that though and even less (if any) unemployed at the moment.

Aside from Dean Smith now at Villa I cant think of any in this half of the division who fit that mould - and only a handful in the top half (Bielsa, maybe Lampard? Bit early to say). Most are pragmatists like Parky, probably because that’s an easier ‘style’ to understand and communicate to get results short term.

I'm not asking for "attacking football", just an attempt to actually attack from time to time.

Too many times we've started on the back foot and never recovered.

45Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Sun Oct 28 2018, 22:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we get beat in our next 2 games as most of us suspect we will then i expect him to go. No idea on a replacement though. I'm sure there would be a lot of interest but it's not a glamour job at the moment is it?

46Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Sun Oct 28 2018, 23:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think Iles is bang out of order by being once again the focal point for all the twitter nutjobs who have an axe to grind over Anderson being the owner.

Basically Iles as set it up as Anderson inferred very strongly that Parkinson would be sacked if we lost against Hull and now Anderson has 'backtracked' by not doing so.

In effect trying to have a pop at Anderson over not sacking someone (Parkinson).

Christ, Iles may well detest Anderson but trying to score points against him by not getting a man dismissed from his job is seriously going too far and shows complete lack of respect or any sort of decency to Parkinson.

Iles has set himself up as a rallying point for the anti-Anderson twitter moonmen (Smurf, mad Susan and Atherton to name just three) from his own personal twitter account.

This has nothing to do with his job, it's him waging his own little personal war and supported by his twitter mates.

He should either stick to being and acting as a professional newspaper reporter and by reporting the facts and remaining impartial at all times, or he should jack his job in and thus become free to do and say what he wants but as far as I'm concerned he clearly shouldn't do both as he is doing now.

Iles as clearly got a personal agenda against Anderson and that is certainly not healthy for the leading media commentator on the club to have or to propagate by means of his own personal social media 'rallying calls'.

Iles should stick to telling people on twitter that he's painting his kids bedrooms rather than be the rallying point for the trolls to sound off over their hatred of Anderson and why he didn't sack a man (and never even considering for a second what that man and his family most be feeling over his job security right now).

Iles should wind his neck in and quickly imo.

We all have our own opinions of Anderson and Parkinson but non of us are in a position to influence people in such a way as Iles through his media position and thus he should be responsible how he uses that influence and posting personal straw poll type questions clearly aimed for his likeminded mates to respond to on twitter is certainly not the sort of thing he should be doing.

To be honest I'm amazed his employers have not already had a word about him before now for this.  It certainly would not be deemed acceptable professional behaviour in my line of work, nor many others too I would think.

47Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Mon Oct 29 2018, 00:26

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think its correct that Iles points out that Ken talks a load of shite.The most serious lie from Ken was posting on  the club website that the club was going into administration the following morning when it clearly wasnt.A lot of young people would have been really worried about that, I know it would have ruined my life when i was a child.Ken shouldn't lie on the club web site. If he isn't going to sack Parkinson, don't say that results must improve with immediate effect.

48Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Mon Oct 29 2018, 07:07

Predictable, but nonsense Sluffy.

Iles is not the only one who interpreted the update in that way, every fan who commented on it did - either Ken is seriously naive and needs to be more careful with his words or he did mean it but was bluffing.

49Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Mon Oct 29 2018, 08:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its the local papers job to reflect the views of its readers and at the moment i don't think there are too many fans or readers happy with Parky.
What Iles does on his personal twitter account is up to him as long as his bosses have no issue.

50Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Mon Oct 29 2018, 08:44

That’s absolutely not the purpose of a local paper. His job is to report on what’s happening at the club, exactly what he has been doing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum