Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sammy Ameobi set to return for Bolton against Swansea City

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sammy Ameobi’s return to contention could not come at a better time for Wanderers, admits skipper David Wheater.

The winger could make his first appearance in eight weeks against Swansea City after recovering from ankle ligament damage sustained in mid-September.

Since Ameobi limped off against QPR, Wanderers have taken five points out of a possible 27 and scored just twice.

And Wheater believes his team-mate’s comeback will be beneficial on and off the field, as Bolton look to lift the mood ahead of the international break.

“I think it will be a massive lift, even if it’s just for the fans alone,” he told The Bolton News.

“He’s such a strong player. He might not look like it, all skinny arms and legs, and when he takes that top off there’s a six pack and he’s a tough fella.

“He wasn’t going to be ready for the Villa game but he’s been back in training so when he gets back in there it will be brilliant for us as a team.”

Phil Parkinson is also looking for a pick-me-up after a difficult spell of results – recalling Ameobi’s impact last season when he recovered from a nasty knee problem to score on his home debut after signing permanently for Wanderers.

The goal was Bolton’s first in eight league and cup games, a new club record, but sparked a revival which very few saw coming.

“I remember Sheffield Wednesday at home and we couldn’t get a goal for love nor money, and Sammy cut inside and bent a shot in and you could see everyone grow two or three inches in height out on the pitch,” he said. “We need something like that again. If not from Sammy, from someone else.”

Wanderers have created plenty of opportunities over the last two games – taking an impressive 27 pot shots at goal against Hull City and Aston Villa.

Getting on the scoresheet has been an issue, however, and Wheater is desperate for a change in fortune.

“When we concede goals it is disappointing as a defender but then when you see us get chances as we miss them, or the keeper makes a worldie save, or there’s a clearance off the line, it’s just as disappointing,” he said.

“You find yourself thinking ‘we could have scored there and got ourselves back in the game’ but we’re making hard work of it for ourselves at the moment.”

Source

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I'm not convinced were a one man team waiting for our hero Sammy Amoebi to come back.

He didn't play in the home win against Derby, didn't score in the other home win against Birmingham but was present in the utter garbage at home to Sheff Utd and QPR.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum