Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marc Iles Post Match Reaction: Millwall 1 Bolton 1

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers broke their goal duck but couldn’t hold on to the points at The Den.

Mark Beevers ended a 378-minute drought when he turned in Joe Williams’ cross via the post in the first half but Lions sub Jiri Skalak volleyed a late equaliser via a deflection off Jake Cooper to steal a share of the spoils.

Wanderers had been much the better side in the first half but struggled to find the second goal which would have killed the game off.

Josh Magennis limped off at half time with a dead leg and Will Buckley also went off with cramp – but Bolton were nowhere near as dominant after the break.

“When you go a goal up and play the way we did, we’d have loved to get all three points,” Parkinson said. “They pinned us in a bit in the second half. We couldn’t get the ball in behind for Clayton (Donaldson) for find that calmness we’d shown in possession in the first half. I think you have to credit Millwall a little bit for that as well.

“We didn’t sustain the same sort of performance throughout but on the run we’ve been on it’s still a good point and there were some really performances too.”

Despite missing out on a chance to register only a second victory in 14 games, Parkinson insists he was pleased with most aspects of the performance.

“I think there was a real edge to us,” he said. “Credit to the lads because when you have been on a really bad run it’s easy to let your head go down. There was no sign of that, we played very well and got the goal we’ve been craving.

“We had chances to get a second. We had a stonewall penalty not given prior to that which you have to see to believe. Will Buckley was excellent in that first period and he got a touch across the lad who knocked him over just as he was about to shoot on goal.

“I’m disappointed we didn’t get our rewards because we’ve trained very well over the past few weeks and took it into that game.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum