Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

COMMENT: Why Ken Anderson owes Wanderers fans an explanation

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is the immediate future of Bolton Wanderers Football Club in jeopardy?

This is the question The Bolton News would like Ken Anderson to answer to the people of the town, our readers.

Exactly three years ago we detailed a sad story of unpaid players and bills which nearly led to one of the founder members of the Football League sliding out of existence. And it must never be allowed to go that far again.

Mr Anderson has done much to restructure the chaos he inherited, to curb financial losses and to make the product he is attempting to sell more appealing to investors.

But recent evidence – from this summer’s player strike, a brush with administration, delayed wages and, most recently, outstanding bonuses evoke concerning comparisons with the financial crisis of December 2015.

Mr Anderson has never professed to be able to fund Bolton Wanderers to the same extent as his predecessor, Eddie Davies, but a major concern is he does not have the ability to meet its short-term financial needs.

It is no secret Bolton is a club for sale. But with an asking price ranging between £25-30million, it is fair to question whether that figure is unreasonable, given the level of investment put in by the owner during his two and a half years at the helm.

This is a club crying out for investment, on and off the pitch, and the constant brinkmanship which has been the hallmark of Mr Anderson’s time in charge of the club has had a negative impact on player and staff morale and the club’s reputation within the town and in the wider football world.

Since September 10, when Mr Anderson made a public statement addressing the likelihood of impending administration because of a dispute with a major creditor, the team has won just once in 14 games.

Without wishing to make excuses for failure on the pitch or the decision-making of the manager, this appears a clear indication of the effect such issues can have on the playing staff – whose levels of confidence are intrinsically linked to performance.

We ask Mr Anderson to give supporters a truthful and straightforward explanation of Wanderers’ financial situation in the hope we can all move forward together.

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Seems fair enough to me and it's something we all need to know the answer to.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Norpig wrote:Seems fair enough to me and it's something we all need to know the answer to.
Exactly.This I  just what I want from the Bolton News.The club is in an embarrassing state, the people who have let it get into this state should be chased for answers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum