Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unpaid Bolton players eyeing exit in January transfer window as club's financial turmoil continues

+9
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
karlypants
observer
Nigelbwfc
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
MartinBWFC
Norpig
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Could be utter bollocks (it's in the Daily Fail so is more than possible), but good luck to our shower of shite players looking to find another club after their performances this year

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Who the fuck would want any of them apart from maybe the Pole?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Who the fuck would want any of them apart from maybe the Pole?
Oh I don't know. Buckley might get a job on the bins. Although keeping up with the lorry might be a problem.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shit thread title. I prefer short and snappy.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Shit thread title. I prefer short and snappy.
You've just described Cecil.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

moan, moan bloody moan

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

MartinBWFC wrote:Who the fuck would want any of them apart from maybe the Pole?
Ken would probably be willing to let some go. If Windschutt wants, Ken would probably do 3 laps around the stadium.

Interesting he wasn't at the match.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:
Excellent retort!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Excellent retort!
Nat will describe it as bullery. Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:

Laughing

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Disgusting bullery.

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Reckon if the players put transfer requests in, whether  that would force Kens hand into administration?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nigelbwfc wrote:Reckon if the players put transfer requests in, whether  that would force Kens hand into administration?

I don't understand your point, why would it?

The players are still under contract - transfer request submitted or not.

If they refused to play I guess he would have the right to terminate their contracts and save on their wages.

I don't think many of them would attract any significant bids from other clubs - after all most of them came as out of contract or loans.

Maybe by them refusing to play would make the team weaker - but we are near the bottom of the table already with them in the side anyway!.

Also what is the benefit to Anderson taking the club into Administration, surely the club is worth more to him not being in Administration?

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:Reckon if the players put transfer requests in, whether  that would force Kens hand into administration?

If they refused to play I guess he would have the right to terminate their contracts and save on their wages.

I don't think many of them would attract any significant bids from other clubs - after all most of them came as out of contract or loans.

Maybe by them refusing to play would make the team weaker - but we are near the bottom of the table already with them in the side anyway!.

Also what is the benefit to Anderson taking the club into Administration, surely the club is worth more to him not being in Administration?
A groundswell of unrest might be too difficult to ignore. If the agents can get other clubs interested, then Ken has to use what little money he'll get from transfers and then he'll be forced to either use youngsters and find other frees.

Parkinson would surely leave and he might find the pressure of trying to hold it together too much.

Logically he can ride it out, but would he be able to with the crowd turning on him and the club in a worse position? Not certain about that.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nigelbwfc wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

A groundswell of unrest might be too difficult to ignore. If the agents can get other clubs interested, then Ken has to use what little money he'll get from transfers and then he'll be forced to either use youngsters and find other frees.

Parkinson would surely leave and he might find the pressure of trying to hold it together too much.

Logically he can ride it out, but would he be able to with the crowd turning on him and the club in a worse position? Not certain about that.

No, I understand your concern but I believe there is no basis in your fear.

Firstly I don't believe there to be any substance whatsoever in the story - Christ Iles would be all over it if there was.

I also even have my suspicion that the story was 'planted' to create more widespread negative views of the club - the author of this 'exclusive' stated that a 'source' told him of the players allegedly unrest - The author himself does not report on the club - his work is involved in stories on United and City - so his 'source' is more likely to be from someone outside of the playing staff (and agents - not many of our players are likely on their way to the Manchester clubs - or them to us), so for my money the source is more than likely to be someone on the media side.

The story itself (even if it was true) is hardly something of interest to the national press, so it's more likely he's run the story as a favour to someone else rather than he himself looking to become the sports investigative journalist of the year.

So who could this source be?

Well Iles and the author are certainly known to each other - they both follow each other on twitter and the author was a couple of years back the north west football reporter for the paper.

Ok I'm certainly not accusing Iles of anything but it seems to me he has a motive (he clearly has an agenda against Anderson) and an opportunity (there is a factual link between him and the author - and the author himself isn't in the business of writing about BWFC - so why did he bother to act on something he clearly had no direct link or involvement to?

Anyway enough of my conspiracy opinion.

Back on topic, players are guaranteed their wages under the Football Creditors rule and the financial backing of the EFL and their PFA - so financially they are never going to miss out.  Even if all our players found new clubs in January and left, we still would sign relatively better players than those of our academy - Connor Hall isn't even a regular in the Accrington team I believe for instance.  If Blackpool under the Oystens can still field a team of professional footballers, so could we.

I think if Parkinson had wanted to leave he would have done so by now.

The real concern is the shit stirring of Iles and the ST turning the crowd against him.

I've posted up KA's reply to Iles today and as usual he's come out fighting although I read between the lines that he's getting a bit sick of it all now.

I think if he can get to a point where he can sell the club for an amount that will satisfy him he will do - so all of these stories about unreasonable demands are clearly bollocks (Anderson pisses off bloke who has £3.2 billion over valuing the club by a few hundred thousand/million more than he wants to pay - laughable - like saying I wouldn't sell £10 million Sluffy Towers because I wanted a further fiver more than they were prepared to offer!).

I'm certain despite Iles and the lynch mob, that the players wages will be paid tomorrow, than the club is financially sound to get into January and by then anything could have happened for the best.

No need to panic (or do a lynching) just yet.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The fans need to get off Parky's back.

Anderson is the problem

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:The fans need to get off Parky's back.

Anderson is the problem
 Spoken like a man who hasn't actually seen us play for years. Try having a season ticket and watching the shite we serve up every game and come back and tell me it's nothing to do with Parky.

Welcome back by the way  Very Happy

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

No, I understand your concern but I believe there is no basis in your fear.

Firstly I don't believe there to be any substance whatsoever in the story - Christ Iles would be all over it if there was.

I also even have my suspicion that the story was 'planted' to create more widespread negative views of the club - the author of this 'exclusive' stated that a 'source' told him of the players allegedly unrest - The author himself does not report on the club - his work is involved in stories on United and City - so his 'source' is more likely to be from someone outside of the playing staff (and agents - not many of our players are likely on their way to the Manchester clubs - or them to us), so for my money the source is more than likely to be someone on the media side.

The story itself (even if it was true) is hardly something of interest to the national press, so it's more likely he's run the story as a favour to someone else rather than he himself looking to become the sports investigative journalist of the year.

So who could this source be?

Well Iles and the author are certainly known to each other - they both follow each other on twitter and the author was a couple of years back the north west football reporter for the paper.

Ok I'm certainly not accusing Iles of anything but it seems to me he has a motive (he clearly has an agenda against Anderson) and an opportunity (there is a factual link between him and the author - and the author himself isn't in the business of writing about BWFC - so why did he bother to act on something he clearly had no direct link or involvement to?

Anyway enough of my conspiracy opinion.

Back on topic, players are guaranteed their wages under the Football Creditors rule and the financial backing of the EFL and their PFA - so financially they are never going to miss out.  Even if all our players found new clubs in January and left, we still would sign relatively better players than those of our academy - Connor Hall isn't even a regular in the Accrington team I believe for instance.  If Blackpool under the Oystens can still field a team of professional footballers, so could we.

I think if Parkinson had wanted to leave he would have done so by now.

The real concern is the shit stirring of Iles and the ST turning the crowd against him.

I've posted up KA's reply to Iles today and as usual he's come out fighting although I read between the lines that he's getting a bit sick of it all now.

I think if he can get to a point where he can sell the club for an amount that will satisfy him he will do - so all of these stories about unreasonable demands are clearly bollocks (Anderson pisses off bloke who has £3.2 billion over valuing the club by a few hundred thousand/million more than he wants to pay - laughable - like saying I wouldn't sell £10 million Sluffy Towers because I wanted a further fiver more than they were prepared to offer!).

I'm certain despite Iles and the lynch mob, that the players wages will be paid tomorrow, than the club is financially sound to get into January and by then anything could have happened for the best.

No need to panic (or do a lynching) just yet.
I agree Sluffy. This story reeks and we know where most of the foul-smelling stuff comes from. Its totally irresponsible but Ken Anderson can no more stop it than ED could.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:The fans need to get off Parky's back.

Anderson is the problem
 Spoken like a man who hasn't actually seen us play for years. Try having a season ticket and watching the shite we serve up every game and come back and tell me it's nothing to do with Parky.

Welcome back by the way  Very Happy

Thanks.

I wouldn't go and watch the shite served up by Ken Anderson even if I was paid a handsome sum.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I see the bloke who wrote the above article and mate of Iles - Mike Keegan - as tweeted this totally impartial and highly professionally journalistic comment just an hour or so ago -

So the PFA are now helping Bolton pay the wages. Last year, the club’s owner paid himself £525,000. Outrageous.

Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum