Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Parkinson Thought - Leeds

2 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Parkinson Thought - Leeds Empty What Parkinson Thought - Leeds Sat Dec 15 2018, 18:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers were defeated by Leeds United in the Sky Bet Championship on Saturday afternoon.

A Patrick Bamford goal in the second half was the difference between the sides, as Marcelo Bielsa’s side took the spoils.

When speaking after the game, manager Phil Parkinson covered these topics…

His assessment of the game...

“I thought we gave everything in a very tight game tonight.”

“A moment of quality has separated the two teams, as they broke away and it was a clinical finish from Bamford.

“I thought we pressed them well at times, but when we won the ball back, we gave it back far too quickly.

“When we didn’t find that pass on the break, it hurt us.

“Whilst we can be pleased with the way we have applied ourselves, because the lads have left it all out there.

“To give yourself a breather against teams of Leeds’ quality, we just needed that bit of calmness when we were on the ball and we lacked that.

“On a positive note, we have restricted a good Leeds team to virtually nothing but the seven million pound player who came on has proved that moment of quality that separated the two sides.”

On the result not representing how the game went…

“It was difficult conditions for both teams, actually atrocious decisions.”

“We probably should have had a penalty, but I will leave that for everyone else to decide.

“Like I said prior to the game, those draws we have to turn into wins and the defeats have to be turned into draws.

“That can just be that final third quality which is the difference maker.

“When we got into those dangerous areas, we couldn’t produce.

“You cannot fault the lads, they gave absolutely everything for me.”

On contentious decisions being prominent in these games…

“It does look a penalty and I may get the referee and ask him.”

“Nooney has gone in and got the wrong side of the lad, with the defender unaware of his presence.

“He has clipped him and everybody knows we were unlucky to not get the decision and it may have given us a lift that we needed.”

On the next two games being vital…

“They are two huge games for us.”

“It’s a good opportunity for us and we need to keep the lads’ spirits up.

“It was difficult but we will picking everyone up on Monday morning to prepare for our trip to London at Brentford.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2What Parkinson Thought - Leeds Empty Re: What Parkinson Thought - Leeds Sun Dec 16 2018, 10:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At least he was honest enough to admit that we lack the quality to string three passes together.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum