Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phil Parkinson still proud of struggling Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson says Wanderers are bowed but not broken as they go into the most important 90 minutes of their season so far.

Brentford and Bolton, the Championship’s two most out-of-form sides, meet at Griffin Park on Saturday looking to ease pressure on their respective manager.

Parkinson remains confident his side has the character to pull themselves out of a dreadful run of recent form – the worst in his two-and-a-half years with the club.

“When I see the lads giving their all, which they have been doing, I take great pride,” he said. “I've played in and managed teams before where things aren't going too well. Everyone starts looking at each other around the pitch and blaming everyone else but we haven't had that at all.

“We know where we are, down the bottom, but we've just got to keep on going. Sometimes when you get beaten as a manager it feels worse if the players haven't given it everything as we pride ourselves on that.”

Craig Noone will be suspended for the game at Brentford but Wanderers hope to have Mark Beevers back from a slight groin injury and Sammy Ameobi will in contention after a one-game ban for the red card he got at Norwich City.

Brentford have finished in the top 10 for the last four seasons but have won one of their last 16 games under new boss Thomas Frank, dropping to 19th in the table.

Parkinson has also faced criticism from his own club’s supporters and accepts his team need to start taking chances in the same ruthless fashion their opponents have in recent weeks.

“Football's about goalscorers in that final third. Look at the Norwich game, at 2-2 and (Teemu) Pukki has hardly had a kick in the game then he puts the ball in the back of the net with his first chance and then Leeds, Bamford came on fresh when there was a lot of heavy legs out on that pitch,” he said. “The scene was set for him and the difference between teams at the top and bottom is that bit of final third quality.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum