Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers embargo leaves three players in limbo

+6
observer
MartinBWFC
Growler
Hipster_Nebula
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

maconman

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

I'm sure there would be less confusion all round if Ken finally agreed to comply with company law and the club's Articles of Association. I'm sure the minutes of the one man Board meetings are interesting (and presumably written by Ken!) but it would be reassuring if Ken was not taking all decisions in isolation. Why not make the Head of Finance the Finance Director for starters? (Or is he not up to it - which would be a bit worrying?)

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

maconman wrote:I'm sure there would be less confusion all round if Ken finally agreed to comply with company law and the club's Articles of Association. I'm sure the minutes of the one man Board meetings are interesting (and presumably written by Ken!) but it would be reassuring if Ken was not taking all decisions in isolation. Why not make the Head of Finance the Finance Director for starters? (Or is he not up to it - which would be a bit worrying?)

You've mention this before but it really doesn't make much sense.

Directors are appointed by the major shareholders of the company (the ones who basically own it) to keep an eye on the running of the company and that it comply's with the wishes of the shareholders accordingly - agreed?

As KA is the only shareholder of any significance owning something like 94% of the club, he would be the one to hire and fire Directors and in effect tell them what he wanted the company to do - agree?

So it wouldn't matter if he had a million Directors or just himself on the Board because it would amount to the same think - KA being the one to say how the club would be run.

I also thought that an unlisted private company had less regulative procedures at Board level to comply with than those that are listed - although I could be wrong about that?

maconman

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

You are quite right. The requirements for a private limited company are generally more relaxed. That is the case with Burden Leisure and the Articles of Association were amended (amended articles available on the Companies House website.) The amended Articles require the Board to have a minimum of 2directors. That's the law and Ken knows it. He was challenged on this at the last AGM and his argument was that he 'couldn't find anyone suitable'.

Ask someone in the know what good corporate governance is. The answer is exactly the opposite to  the way the Club is currently run.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:One outstanding Creditor is the PFA.  I thought Ken paid the wages from his own pocket?
Hmmmm.
Bolton Wanderers Football Club can confirm that all outstanding salaries for its coaching and playing staff will be paid into their respective accounts on Friday morning.
The delay in payment had been caused after an option with the Professional Footballers Association (PFA) was explored. Although that option does remain in place at this moment in time, it is not the Club’s preferred route.

Instead, Bolton Wanderers’ owner and chairman Ken Anderson will personally fund the outstanding salaries.

The club would now like all attention turned towards Saturday’s important Sky Bet Championship fixture against Leeds United at the University of Bolton Stadium.

Bolton Wanderers will not be making any further comment on this matter.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:One outstanding Creditor is the PFA.  I thought Ken paid the wages from his own pocket?
Hmmmm.
Bolton Wanderers Football Club can confirm that all outstanding salaries for its coaching and playing staff will be paid into their respective accounts on Friday morning.
The delay in payment had been caused after an option with the Professional Footballers Association (PFA) was explored. Although that option does remain in place at this moment in time, it is not the Club’s preferred route.

Instead, Bolton Wanderers’ owner and chairman Ken Anderson will personally fund the outstanding salaries.

The club would now like all attention turned towards Saturday’s important Sky Bet Championship fixture against Leeds United at the University of Bolton Stadium.

I've already explained what happened earlier in this very thread.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t19053-bolton-wanderers-embargo-leaves-three-players-in-limbo#381775

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

HOh I didn’t realise you was in know.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Some interesting tweets from Neil Bonnar of the Bolton News

The town of Bolton should demand clarity on this. Bolton Wanderers issued a statement last month saying Ken Anderson will pay all outstanding salaries and said they preferred the PFA not to. Our story tomorrow says the PFA did in fact pay those salaries.

I didn't like Phil Gartside and he didn't like me but at least we could have a go at each other face to face.Club's gone #bwfc

Love Wanderers fans and staff but hope tomorrow's result is the worst possible for the Andersons

Sluffy wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't see it as trolling, I just see it as a differing point of view.

Well considering I clearly hadn't said any of the stuff he was basing his arguments against me on, I would disagree completely.

He was looking for a reaction - and not for the first time by a long, long way.

I even still had the decency to answer another genuine question from him on the same thread, and he still continues with an argument that he was clearly making up on the fly.

I know it was trolling, he knows it was trolling and you're certainly not innocent enough to believe it wasn't either!

I'm prepared to accept a bit of 'flack' from time to time but it's becoming constant from him these days and a line needs to be drawn.

I don't believe that to be unreasonable of me.

To ban me and then write the above is ridiculous, nobody in their right mind would read my comments as trolling - it's an easy way for to dismiss perfectly valid criticism. 

There was a time on here when you got banned for serious abuse or offensive material, not just for questioning the site owner.

Sluffy wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:
Hmmmm.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t19053-bolton-wanderers-embargo-leaves-three-players-in-limbo#381775

Just to avoid any confusion:

You've explained what you think happened.

This version of events is not factual.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:
Hmmmm.

Just to avoid any confusion:

You've explained what you think happened.

This version of events is not factual.

There's no confusion whatsoever, I never claimed it was and that's why my very first line stated this -

Sluffy wrote:What I imagine happened went something like this...

Couldn't possibly be wanting to start another argument for arguments sake, could you?

Rolling Eyes

I was clarifying post 35, which suggests you’re in the know.

I’ve no issue with the original.

Hope that helps.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bolton Wanderers embargo leaves three players in limbo - Page 3 Dwfxav10

maconman

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Careful Cajun you'll upset Sluffy by reminding him of the facts.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum