Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neil Bonnar - Head of Sport at the Bolton News

+3
wanderlust
Growler
Sluffy
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

This bloke is Iles BOSS ffs!!!

What an absolute Muppet!

Tweeted this the day before the Walsall game -

Love Wanderers fans and staff but hope tomorrow's result is the worst possible for the Andersons

The following are the complete set of replies he got -

Glenn Byrom -

Bonnar got to be the worst journo ever. Bolton paper who wouldn’t exist without BWFC calling for the club to lose.

The Sensefield - (posted pre match) - I’d expect nothing more from a Bury fan who’s spent donkeys years as a lowly scribe for a local rag. Years of bitterness no doubt fuelled by a steady stream of rejection letters from the national newspapers. What a cuntfunnel.

(and post match which we won 5-2) - How about that then Bonnar, you piss snorkel?

Big E - What a complete cock womble you are and a very sad little man. Sadly the halfwit support will hang on your words. Typical of our fans / media who would sooner divide than unite the club.

BoltonLady (this woman absolutely hates the Andersons - is also known as 'Mad Susan' by others because of this hatred) -

Totally unprofessional

Reply to BoltonLady by Richard Atherton (probably the biggest nutjob on twitter with his hatred of the Andersons) -

He’s only saying what many fans are thinking, that anything that hastens the demise of the Anderson’s is a good thing.

Her reply -

I do not agree. An official at the local paper should not be posting anything that suggests he hopes the local team lose. Yes he can post about his dissatisfaction with the owners as we all can .. but posting what he has is downright unprofessional .

his reply -

Understand your point and you’re probably right, but I’m just happy that the BN are finally shackle free and saying it as it is.
He is a loose cannon and tweets some ridiculous stuff but any pressure on Anderson is good imo.  

[Takes one to know one! - Sluffy]

Bonnars reply -

Cheers mate

BoltonLady continues -

Still unprofessional. regardless of his view, thousands of fans go today hoping for a cup run having paid good money

Richard Atherton replies -

Yes I understand that, but in my opinion the football has now become a side show and it’s time to deal with the bigger picture, the club is falling apart from every angle and beating a third tier team doesn’t address any of that.

[Fair play to you BoltonLady - Sluffy]

BwfcGoals -

Bit of a strange thing to say...

Chris Worrall -

And you wonder why the BN aren't welcome at the club?

Phil Dunnie (in reply to Chris) -

Totally agree, what a statement to make, bell end

Danny -

So you want Bolton to lose?

David Walker (clearly not an Anderson fan but still takes Bonnar to task) -

A cup run is just what the club needs. A win and an away at United will do wonders. It’s not as if Anderson will sell the club in a matter of days and admin will a final nail.

Dale Griffin -

Unbelievable, i want my team to win regardless

Michael Kirkman -

Anderson’s hardly likely to change his approach regardless of result. Likewise Parky tactics.

Andy Carr -

Not a good tweet from head of sport at the local paper

Bonnar replies -

Thanks mate

Barrie Dawson -

Crossed the line I’m afraid, lost the moral high ground!

KarenbwfcSimpson  -

Looks that way absolute  dreadful.

Bonnar replies -

I'll get it back.

Karl Belston -

Thanks Shocked

Daniel -

Poor tweet.

Luke -

Rolling Eyes

Dave Banner -

Hope you get a ban too! The only thing that keeps the BN going is BWFC

Lee Bolton -

You just get better and better.

...and by better, I mean wanker

Mr Morals -

A small time post from a small time “journalist”. Pathetic

BezBWFC -

Really? Give your head a wobble man.

Mathew Morris -

Eat my ass neil

Luke -

Shut up you fucking clown

Steve McClusky (pre match) -

So are you saying you hope BOLTON lose tomorrow - twat!

(post match)

Well you must be really pissed off we won today - wanker

Mistymoo -

You utter moron, no matter what happens at the club I always want them to win, I really do hope all you guys from the Bolton arse wipe get banned if that's what you think

wlm225 -

Pathetic, non entity so called journo, working for a failing rag for twenty years. He must lie in bed wondering where it all went wrong. And if he doesn't, he should

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you think that's bad just wait for my next post as to how Bonnar DEFENDED his tweet - UNBELIEVABLY SO!

Razz

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Remember this man is the top dog at the Bolton News on sport

The following is a twitter conversation between a tweeter called Mr Morals and Bonnar -

Mr Morals - And still you want us to lose today? Shithouse

Bonnar - Did I say I wanted them to lose? Read the tweet again

Mr Morals - I don’t need to. So what result EXACTLY do you want today Neil?

Bonnar - A Wanderers win then United in the next round on TV. But only for the good of the players, staff, fans and club. Not the Andersons

Mr Morals - How is that the result being the worst possible for the Andersons?

Clue: it’s not

Backtracking now Neil

Wanting it “despite” the Andersons?

Bonnar - True, I don't know how a win and United on TV next can be good only for staff, club, fans and not the Andersons, but if it could that's what I want.

Mr Morals - Then as a senior journalist, one may want to be more careful with your words!

Bonnar - No not really

Mr Morals - Brilliant  Rolling Eyes

Wonder why he never made the big time with a national paper?

Hard to believe he's even head of a provincial town paper with tact, diplomacy and wordcraft skill such as he's displayed above!

What an utter, utter joke of a man - he even calls himself the Duke of Didsbury!

:rofl:

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I don't thinks Neil Bonnar posts that innocently, I think he knows what he is doing and is goading Ken into coming out of hiding.What Ken loves most is attacking others to deflect from his own lies and failings, Mr Bonnar is providing a very easy target

It's sad that you think people who work at the Bolton News are failures because they aren't working at one of the nationals.
Does the same apply to Bolton Wanderers players, manager and owner? Are they all underachievers in life because they are at a relgation threatened, financially troubled, 2nd tier provincial club rather than say Tottenham Hotspur?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Growler wrote:I don't thinks Neil Bonnar posts that innocently, I think he knows what he is doing and is goading Ken into coming out of hiding.What Ken loves most is attacking others to deflect from his own lies and failings, Mr Bonnar is providing a very easy target

It's sad that you think people who work at the Bolton News are failures because they aren't working at one of the nationals.
Does the same apply to Bolton Wanderers players, manager and owner? Are they all underachievers in life because they are at a relgation threatened, financially troubled, 2nd tier provincial club rather than say Tottenham Hotspur?
I agree. 
I think the comment Bonnar originally made was very misguided indeed because the sentiment behind it was that he wouldn’t mind the team losing if it hastened Anderson’s exit -which ias an opinion he’s entitled to have on a personal level, but to publish it and phrase it so badly is very poor.

That said, its  interesting that since the BN refused to continue trotting out Anderson’s lies and propaganda leading to Anderson banning Iles they now seem to be content to have a dig rather than getting on with the more important and serious aspects of journalism e.g. investigation and exposing Anderson for the fraud that he is.

If the BN wants to serve the community usefully, they should focus on that rather than making divisive and provocative comments. Bring us the evidence and people will listen.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sluffy wrote:Bonnar...

...What an utter, utter joke of a man - he even calls himself the Duke of Didsbury!

Correction - Apologies, my mistake the Duke of Didsbury is actually Mr Morals user name and not Bonnars as I originally thought.

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Thing is unless there's someone waiting in the wings with money then I don't see what any of us can do about it.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in BN

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nine minute interview on BBC Radio Manchester with Karl Holbrook Editor of the Bolton News.

Starts about 11 mins 40 secs in.

Basically he's obviously told Bonner and Iles to cut out the personal stuff and keep it professional (which it should have been all the time).  He's asked KA of examples where he believes he's been wronged but no specific examples have been given (clearly Bonners 'worst possible result for the Anderson's' is there for all to see but most for Iles shit stirring was done far more subtlety on twitter by the 'liking' of derogatory comments about the Anderson's by others, so without trawling Twitter for countless hours to find them, making them much more difficult to prove).

Holbrook doesn't claim the paper got everything right - and is willing to publish apologies where they've got it wrong - but need to know the things KA took issue over to do so.

Stated that the club was not very forthcoming on commenting to the BN (or Radio Manchester the host added) so not all angles may be covered properly and hence why these mistakes could have been possibly made.

He wants the BN to report the news of what's happening to the club - despite the lack of official comment from it - in a professional way and for the reporters to keep their personal feelings and frustrations to themselves.

He sung the praises of Iles but his absence of similar praise in respect of Bonner was extremely noticeable.

He hoped the club and Bolton News could work more closely together in future as both will hopefully be going strong a long time into the future after he has moved on from the paper.

Holbrook does though strongly think that the 'attack' on Iles and Banner as more to do with distracting people away from the clubs financial difficulties.

All in all I thought it was a fair and reasonable interview from Mr Holbrook.

He was given a somewhat easy ride though by his fellow media colleague who hosted the show as nothing for instance was discussed about Bonners 'worst result for the Anderson's' comment!

Apparently Bonnar and Iles were originally going to be interviewed but clearly Holbrook thought best to keep them away and do the interview himself.  Smart move too.

Make your own minds up if I've summarised it fairly by listening to the link below -

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What I heard was Holgate demanding to know the details of Anderson's so far unsubstantiated accusations and asking his staff to keep calm despite Anderson's diversionary and aggressive tactics to deflect reporting away from his actions.

Also said Anderson "re-scheduled" meetings and refused discussions to get to the bottom of Anderson's supposed problem. BBC were also refused interviews which evidences Anderson's continued diversionary mud-slinging and refusal to justify it.

There was no criticism of either Iles or Banner whatsoever.

Basically your summary is anything but fair or accurate, not that I'm surprised.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Situation at Bolton will be discussed by Jim White on TalkSport this morning. No time given, but will be between now and 1pm.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure Jim will shed some serious light on the situation...

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'm sure Jim will shed some serious light on the situation...
He's been very good at digging the Charlton owner out.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We had the baronesses yesterday i hear Talksport have Zat Knight on

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'm sure Jim will shed some serious light on the situation...
I wish somebody would. Everyone's on the bandwagon, but Anderson is refusing to explain his statements, accusations and responses to creditors so we're no further down the road than we were a couple of days ago.
We need facts and figures and if my suspicions are right, there's no way Anderson will let anyone see them until he's long gone.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:What I heard was

The Bolton grapevine is strong in Norfolk then?

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Talksport say Ken is in Monaco today and they are trying to get hold of him

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Jim White spoke to Ken Anderson for 20 mins before show but he wouldn't go on air (said he had an important meeting).  Ken said to JW potential Ukrainian buyer came and went and a  Saudi Arabian came and went, he says he is actively seeking a buyer
Simon Jordan comments - no justification for Ken's high salary (jordan took nothing out of Palace) - Ken should be communicating with fans and be more realistic with his asking price

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:What I heard was

The Bolton grapevine is strong in Norfolk then?
Massive. It grew exponentially after we got telephones and email following on from the introduction of the wheel a couple of years back.

Oh and I listened to the actual interview - you should try it.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why would anyone buy a club in league one with a tiny fanbase?

Pure fantasy .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum