Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Doidge gone back to Forest Green Rovers

+14
luckyPeterpiper
doffcocker
Norpig
MartinBWFC
rammywhite
karlypants
Growler
wanderlust
observer
whatsgoingon
BoltonTillIDie
xmiles
Sluffy
Nigelbwfc
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Apparently Christian Doidge has returned to Forest Green Rovers.

Bolton haven't paid his wages in four months, according to the Forest Green Rovers chairman, nor have they honoured any of the transfer agreement.

What the heck is going on? Another embarrassment for the club

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's true.

Statement from FGR owner -

From Monday morning, Christian Doidge is back with FGR. We've taken the decision to recall him after his loan agreement expired last week amid continual contractual breaches by Bolton Wanderers.
It became clear to us that Bolton entered into a contract to loan and then buy Christian last August without the means to honour it, and perhaps the intention to do so as well. They haven't even paid his wages for the last four months (we have).
It's not just FGR that have been let down badly by Bolton, but Christian too.
Bolton's Chairman, Ken Anderson, made a lot of promises on the last day of the transfer window, both to Christian and FGR, and has kept none of them. This is all his work and from talking to Ken he feels immune from the consequences - but some of these promises are written in legally binding contracts, and we'll be pursuing them.
When the dust settles, we'll talk to the EFL about how they regulate clubs like Bolton. They already regulate the club to a degree, controlling all TV monies to make sure that football debts get paid. Hard not to wonder whether the league could also have a role in approving the terms of any contracts entered into - to make sure that they are actually within the means of the club. We had no way to know, but the EFL should have the inside view on that.
And finally (for now...) - Disappointing as it is to see this go pear shaped, both for FGR and Christian, I'm also excited by the prospect of the second half of the season with Christian back with us. I'm sure all FGR fans everywhere will join me in welcoming him back

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I have stayed out of the debate about Anderson until now but this is the final straw for me. It seems that you cannot believe anything he says.

There is a very real chance that we will be punished in some way due to his actions and administration is not an impossibility.

Sad and depressing times ahead I fear.

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

xmiles wrote:I have stayed out of the debate about Anderson until now but this is the final straw for me. It seems that you cannot believe anything he says.

There is a very real chance that we will be punished in some way due to his actions and administration is not an impossibility.

I've tried to keep an even hand and even wrote a tweet ( for all the good it will do) to try and get a statement from the club's point of view.

We were told by the chairman that the club will make a small profit at the end of the seasons. That seems very unlikely.

I though, I have to say losing patience with the fella. The club are now the biggest joke in football and it's hard to see why any footballer would want to come here and why any club would want to do business with us. 

This is not just an insult to Norwich and Forest Green Rovers, or the players, but it's an insult to previous owners, to Nat Lofthouse and most of all the fans.

The chances are the club will not be trusted on the transfer front, it can't pay and won't pay. How can it be trusted on such matters now, unless the Anderson's go? 

Even then new owners will have to put major money up front to get anyone in.

This really is embarrassing for the fans and a huge blow to a once proud foitbafo club.

Last edited by Nigelbwfc on Sun Jan 06 2019, 23:18; edited 1 time in total

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a joke.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:I have stayed out of the debate about Anderson until now but this is the final straw for me. It seems that you cannot believe anything he says.

the opportunity for admin has passed, it has to be funded and there's no way he will, so the next winding up petition (which there is an HMRC one against the hotel and reportedly another to follow for the club) will lead to liquidation without someone stepping in

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We will paying players by the minutes they play next.  No bonuses, no long term contracts.  League One is the next stop... unless someone steps up and buys the club.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:It's true.

Statement from FGR owner -

From Monday morning, Christian Doidge is back with FGR. We've taken the decision to recall him after his loan agreement expired last week amid continual contractual breaches by Bolton Wanderers.
It became clear to us that Bolton entered into a contract to loan and then buy Christian last August without the means to honour it, and perhaps the intention to do so as well. They haven't even paid his wages for the last four months (we have).
Bolton's Chairman, Ken Anderson, made a lot of promises on the last day of the transfer window, both to Christian and FGR, and has kept none of them. This is all his work and from talking to Ken he feels immune from the consequences - but some of these promises are written in legally binding contracts, and we'll be pursuing them.
When the dust settles, we'll talk to the EFL about how they regulate clubs like Bolton. They already regulate the club to a degree, controlling all TV monies to make sure that football debts get paid. Hard not to wonder whether the league could also have a role in approving the terms of any contracts entered into - to make sure that they are actually within the means of the club. We had no way to know, but the EFL should have the inside view on that.
And finally (for now...) - Disappointing as it is to see this go pear shaped, both for FGR and Christian, I'm also excited by the prospect of the second half of the season with Christian back with us. I'm sure all FGR fans everywhere will join me in welcoming him back

And your defence of Anderson is....?

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

An Interesting point from Dale Vince that the EFL control all TV monies paid to   Bolton to ensure all football debts get paid.

I think the EFL need to take tighter control of the club's finances and make sure the money is being spent correctly ie on contracts Anderson hasn't honoured.From what Dale Vince says it seems Anderson has no intention to pay Doidge and Forest Green what he owes then when he gets his hands on the TV money

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anderson slammed as Christian Doidge deal collapses at Bolton Wanderers

Forest Green chairman Dale Vince has slammed Wanderers for not honouring their deal to sign Christian Doidge – and says he will be back with the club from this morning.

Wanderers have been accused of contractual breaches, with Vince claiming he has paid the 26-year-old striker’s wages in the four months he has been at the club.

Doidge has recently bought a house in the Bolton area – but was told on Thursday that he could not be registered for Saturday’s FA Cup game against Walsall because the club was in a registration embargo.

Regardless, sources at the club were confident the issue would be sorted this week – briefing local media on Saturday.

Vince then released this statement on Sunday evening.

“From Monday morning, Christian Doidge is back with FGR,” he said. “We've taken the decision to recall him after his loan agreement expired last week amid continual contractual breaches by Bolton Wanderers.

“It became clear to us that Bolton entered into a contract to loan and then buy Christian last August without the means to honour it, and perhaps the intention to do so as well. They haven't even paid his wages for the last four months (we have).

“Bolton's Chairman, Ken Anderson, made a lot of promises on the last day of the transfer window, both to Christian and FGR, and has kept none of them.

“This is all his work and from talking to Ken he feels immune from the consequences - but some of these promises are written in legally binding contracts, and we'll be pursuing them.

“When the dust settles, we'll talk to the EFL (English Football League about how they regulate clubs like Bolton. They already regulate the club to a degree, controlling all TV monies to make sure that football debts get paid.

“Hard not to wonder whether the league could also have a role in approving the terms of any contracts entered into - to make sure that they are actually within the means of the club. We had no way to know, but the EFL should have the inside view on that.

“And finally (for now...) - Disappointing as it is to see this go pear shaped, both for FGR and Christian, I'm also excited by the prospect of the second half of the season with Christian back with us. I'm sure all FGR fans everywhere will join me in welcoming him back.”

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I didn't think we could sink lower- but we have. This is shameful behaviour- it seems to be downright lies from the start from KA. Many of you have debated whether he's fit or not to run the football club, but if all of the above is true then he's clearly not.
I don't know if he'll go or not but the only emotion that I'll feel whilst he's on the premises is shame.

Last edited by rammywhite on Mon Jan 07 2019, 09:57; edited 1 time in total

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy's silence is deafening.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

MartinBWFC wrote:Sluffy's silence is deafening.
He was making excuses for Anderson's behavior last night.He said the reason Anderson didn't honour the contract was the  death of Eddie Davies harmed his finances

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

rammywhite wrote:I didn't think we could sink lower- but we have. This is shameful behaviour- it seems to be downright lies from the start from KA. Many of you have debated whether he's fit or not to run the football club, but if all of the above is true then he's clearly not.
I don't know if he'll go or not but the only emotion that I'll feel whilst he's on the premises is shame.
I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

If he'd said in the summer that there's no money in the kitty for signings, then fair enough.

HiwevHo, first we chased Charlie Wyke, then another until we ended up with Doidge.

We were told that Ken had paid the wages in November, only to discover, he hadn't and that the PFA had paid them after all. 

The question now is can we encourage debtors to come forward and enforce admin proceedings? 

The supporters trust could probably pay for the charges. Assets would have to be sold and other than the training ground and the stadium there doesn't seem much left to flog.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A thought for Christian Doidge who has apparently bought a house in the area on the back of Anderson's promises. He joins a long list of players, suppliers, investors and others who Toadface has shafted. Fortunately I believe Christian doesn't have a wife and kids for Anderson to drag through the shit.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:Sluffy's silence is deafening.

Hahaha

What a plonker!

Fwiw, I've had a nice lie in this morning.

Nice to know you hang on my every word though!

:biggrin:

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
Hahaha

What a plonker!

Oh dear God.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Hahaha

What a plonker!

Oh dear God.

FWIW I had a nice lie in too, but not with Ken.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Doidge has been well and truly shafted by KA, he's bought a house in the area as well! He doesn't deserve this that's for sure. I hope he gets the chance to prove himself at a higher level again at a well run club.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's worth saying that Doidge has done a respectable job to date. We've had plenty of players who were better on paper but not nearly as useful for us.

Fair play to him for giving 100% despite whatever's happening off the pitch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum