You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Doidge gone back to Forest Green Rovers

Doidge gone back to Forest Green Rovers

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31 Re: Doidge gone back to Forest Green Rovers on Sun Jan 13 2019, 16:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Just because we can doesn't mean we should. One goal in 17 is pathetic and should be a barrier to us going back. Once bitten and all that

It's more 'forced' upon KA to make the payment offer, rather than probably 'desired', if he wants to possibly stand up in court one day in the future and say something like 'we had contracted to buy Doidge on the 3rd Jan but realised we had cash flow issues to be able to do that so reached an a verbal agreement with Vince to complete the purchase on the 16th when the EFL payment was made - which we did but FGR would no longer sell him to us.  We therefore didn't break the contract - they did'.

Of course if he doesn't plan on being about for long he could simply think 'Fuck Vince', not make the offer and let someone else sort out the 'disagreement' after he's gone!

Sluffy, do you know how much we receive from the EFL over a season and when the payments are made?

Not really.

I guess with a bit of digging I could find out but I don't really have the enthusiasm to do it.

I did do a little bit of a Google search out of respect to your request though and found this -

The EFL’s current TV deal amounts to £90m a year – just 3% of the Premier League’s £2.8bn a year, shared among all 72 clubs, although the 24 in the Championship receive the bulk of it. From 2019 an agreed new five-year deal will pay £120m annually. In agreements struck to govern the relationship between the Premier League, which was a breakaway in 1992 from more equal sharing in the Football League, the top flight pays £100m in “solidarity” to lower leagues, including £4.3m to the Championship clubs.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I also remember someone saying (Anderson perhaps?) that the difference being in the Championship to the third tier is around £6 million more per year to the club.



I also found this describing what Wolves got for last season - which doesn't clear things up much either -

That total was made up of a merit payment for their final league position (£1.9m), TV fees (£13.6m) and their share of the huge broadcasting deal Premier League clubs sign with Sky Sports and BT Sport at the beginning of each season (£84.4m).

It also additionally adds this -

Despite Sky being broadcast partner, TV money in the EFL is far less than in the Premier League. Championship clubs chosen to host matches are awarded £100,000 per game - unless it’s played on Sunday (£120,000) or Thursday (£140,000) - while away teams collect a fixed fee of £10,000.

[These amounts are from last year though don't forget]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


So one way of reading the above to me at least is that we would receive something like £84.4 million from the EFL championship pot plus a further £4.3 payment from the FA's PL sop (or is that included in the £84.4m?) plus some crumbs for the TV games we feature on(?).

As for when the staged payments are I can't find any quick answer - sorry - unless you take literally the line above which states 'at the beginning of each season?

32 Re: Doidge gone back to Forest Green Rovers on Sun Jan 13 2019, 16:52

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Just because we can doesn't mean we should. One goal in 17 is pathetic and should be a barrier to us going back. Once bitten and all that

It's more 'forced' upon KA to make the payment offer, rather than probably 'desired', if he wants to possibly stand up in court one day in the future and say something like 'we had contracted to buy Doidge on the 3rd Jan but realised we had cash flow issues to be able to do that so reached an a verbal agreement with Vince to complete the purchase on the 16th when the EFL payment was made - which we did but FGR would no longer sell him to us.  We therefore didn't break the contract - they did'.

Of course if he doesn't plan on being about for long he could simply think 'Fuck Vince', not make the offer and let someone else sort out the 'disagreement' after he's gone!

Sluffy, do you know how much we receive from the EFL over a season and when the payments are made?

Not really.

I guess with a bit of digging I could find out but I don't really have the enthusiasm to do it.

I did do a little bit of a Google search out of respect to your request though and found this -

The EFL’s current TV deal amounts to £90m a year – just 3% of the Premier League’s £2.8bn a year, shared among all 72 clubs, although the 24 in the Championship receive the bulk of it. From 2019 an agreed new five-year deal will pay £120m annually. In agreements struck to govern the relationship between the Premier League, which was a breakaway in 1992 from more equal sharing in the Football League, the top flight pays £100m in “solidarity” to lower leagues, including £4.3m to the Championship clubs.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I also remember someone saying (Anderson perhaps?) that the difference being in the Championship to the third tier is around £6 million more per year to the club.



I also found this describing what Wolves got for last season - which doesn't clear things up much either -

That total was made up of a merit payment for their final league position (£1.9m), TV fees (£13.6m) and their share of the huge broadcasting deal Premier League clubs sign with Sky Sports and BT Sport at the beginning of each season (£84.4m).

It also additionally adds this -

Despite Sky being broadcast partner, TV money in the EFL is far less than in the Premier League. Championship clubs chosen to host matches are awarded £100,000 per game - unless it’s played on Sunday (£120,000) or Thursday (£140,000) - while away teams collect a fixed fee of £10,000.

[These amounts are from last year though don't forget]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


So one way of reading the above to me at least is that we would receive something like £84.4 million from the EFL championship pot plus a further £4.3 payment from the FA's PL sop (or is that included in the £84.4m?) plus some crumbs for the TV games we feature on(?).

As for when the staged payments are I can't find any quick answer - sorry - unless you take literally the line above which states 'at the beginning of each season?

How can we receive 84.4 million ? Thats nearly three times what Ken wants for the club and therefore he wouldn't need to sell. Is that not divided between the 24 Championship clubs ?

33 Re: Doidge gone back to Forest Green Rovers on Sun Jan 13 2019, 17:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Sluffy, do you know how much we receive from the EFL over a season and when the payments are made?

Not really.

I guess with a bit of digging I could find out but I don't really have the enthusiasm to do it.

I did do a little bit of a Google search out of respect to your request though and found this -

The EFL’s current TV deal amounts to £90m a year – just 3% of the Premier League’s £2.8bn a year, shared among all 72 clubs, although the 24 in the Championship receive the bulk of it. From 2019 an agreed new five-year deal will pay £120m annually. In agreements struck to govern the relationship between the Premier League, which was a breakaway in 1992 from more equal sharing in the Football League, the top flight pays £100m in “solidarity” to lower leagues, including £4.3m to the Championship clubs.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I also remember someone saying (Anderson perhaps?) that the difference being in the Championship to the third tier is around £6 million more per year to the club.



I also found this describing what Wolves got for last season - which doesn't clear things up much either -

That total was made up of a merit payment for their final league position (£1.9m), TV fees (£13.6m) and their share of the huge broadcasting deal Premier League clubs sign with Sky Sports and BT Sport at the beginning of each season (£84.4m).

It also additionally adds this -

Despite Sky being broadcast partner, TV money in the EFL is far less than in the Premier League. Championship clubs chosen to host matches are awarded £100,000 per game - unless it’s played on Sunday (£120,000) or Thursday (£140,000) - while away teams collect a fixed fee of £10,000.

[These amounts are from last year though don't forget]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


So one way of reading the above to me at least is that we would receive something like £84.4 million from the EFL championship pot plus a further £4.3 payment from the FA's PL sop (or is that included in the £84.4m?) plus some crumbs for the TV games we feature on(?).

As for when the staged payments are I can't find any quick answer - sorry - unless you take literally the line above which states 'at the beginning of each season?

How can we receive 84.4 million ? Thats nearly three times what Ken wants for the club and therefore he wouldn't need to sell. Is that not divided between the 24 Championship clubs ?

As I've said I don't know and haven't spent anytime bothering to analyse the figures just merely copy and pasting them up above.

Reading it again it does make more sense to read it that way which then would probably bring it down to about £3.5 million per club and then add on the £4.3 million on top.

I still wouldn't even take that amount as accurate because I've not been able to find easily any definitive statement as to what the payments to the club are.

Feel free to look it up for yourselves if you really want to know.

34 Re: Doidge gone back to Forest Green Rovers on Sun Jan 13 2019, 17:47

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Thanks Sluffy.

I had searched on Google myself without feeling confident in what I'd read.

The £3.5million  with the £4.3 million added is probably close to the correct figure.

Perhaps  I should email that bloke in Monaco!

35 Re: Doidge gone back to Forest Green Rovers on Sun Jan 13 2019, 17:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Do you not mean Switzerland Cajun? Very Happy

36 Re: Doidge gone back to Forest Green Rovers on Sun Jan 13 2019, 17:52

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
He was last spotted in Daisy Hill...dunno..

37 Re: Doidge gone back to Forest Green Rovers on Sun Jan 13 2019, 18:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:He was last spotted in Daisy Hill...dunno..

Must have been on holiday. Very Happy

38 Re: Doidge gone back to Forest Green Rovers on Wed Jan 23 2019, 00:22

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Doidgey scores two tonight. Typical.

39 Re: Doidge gone back to Forest Green Rovers on Wed Jan 23 2019, 07:06

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Doidgey scores two tonight. Typical.
Could be playing against them next season.

40 Re: Doidge gone back to Forest Green Rovers on Wed Jan 23 2019, 09:26

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Doidgey scores two tonight. Typical.
Could be playing against them next season.

....when he'll probably score two again

41 Re: Doidge gone back to Forest Green Rovers on Wed Jan 23 2019, 10:42

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
They'll be thanking us in the end, he came to play games in the Championship and will have gone back a better player.

42 Re: Doidge gone back to Forest Green Rovers on Wed Jan 23 2019, 11:42

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:They'll be thanking us in the end, he came to play games in the Championship and will have gone back a better player.

Yes, such as watching how Donaldson plays as a striker and pledging to himself to make sure he does the exact opposite

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum