Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is a buyer is the only hope for BWFC?

+8
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
Hipster_Nebula
terenceanne
Norpig
wanderlust
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's my honest opinion that Admin would likely be a total disaster for BWFC for two reasons.

Firstly it's incredibly unlikely we'd survive the immediate 12 point deduction for this season, that would ensure relegation and a subsequent significant loss of income for next season. Which brings me neatly to the second reason.

We'd be unlikely imo to find a buyer or sort out the creditors in time to come out of admin by the beginning of next season. If we are still in admin at that time we'd suffer another points deduction (again 12 points) and that would make it exceptionally difficult for the club to get back up to the championship.

Finally, it's far from certain we'd find a buyer at all. We don't have the fanbase or commercial pulling power of say, Leeds Utd or even Portsmouth (both of whom went into admin TWICE) because of where we are in relation to the likes of Man Utd and Man City. It's entirely possible in my view that if we do enter admin investors will take one look, decide the long term future of the club is unworkable and walk away. To have any chance of finding a buyer who can take us forward it's my opinion we must still be a 'going concern' and show we have at least some chance of reaching a point where income exceeds expenditure on an ongoing basis.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Someone hand Sluffy a new spade, he's broke the other with  all the frantic digging.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:It's my honest opinion that Admin would likely be a total disaster for BWFC for two reasons.

Firstly it's incredibly unlikely we'd survive the immediate 12 point deduction for this season, that would ensure relegation and a subsequent significant loss of income for next season. Which brings me neatly to the second reason.

We'd be unlikely imo to find a buyer or sort out the creditors in time to come out of admin by the beginning of next season. If we are still in admin at that time we'd suffer another points deduction (again 12 points) and that would make it exceptionally difficult for the club to get back up to the championship.

Finally, it's far from certain we'd find a buyer at all. We don't have the fanbase or commercial pulling power of say, Leeds Utd or even Portsmouth (both of whom went into admin TWICE) because of where we are in relation to the likes of Man Utd and Man City. It's entirely possible in my view that if we do enter admin investors will take one look, decide the long term future of the club is unworkable and walk away. To have any chance of finding a buyer who can take us forward it's my opinion we must still be a 'going concern' and show we have at least some chance of reaching a point where income exceeds expenditure on an ongoing basis.
I think that part of the point that I was trying to make is that as long as Anderson continues to run the club into the ground, losing money hand over fist, we are heading that way anyhow Peter - at least I can't see it ending any other way without a buyer, so the question is would it be better to do it now on a voluntary basis or wait until the financial position has worsened to the point that there is nothing left?
After consideration, a CVA would leave Anderson in control, whereas administration would take it out of his hands so I know which I would prefer.

And especially for Sluffy's benefit...

I heard from a reliable source that in a previous negotiation, Anderson was so obnoxious and greedy that the buyer walked and commented that they would rather buy us from the insolvency practitioners in administration than have to deal with him. Whether or not that particular ship has sailed we can only speculate, but whilst Anderson remains in control I feel that administration is an inevitability sooner or later.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I'll stick to the holes I was born with thanks. Very Happy
You should perhaps consider a lubricant?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I'll stick to the holes I was born with thanks. Very Happy
You should perhaps consider a lubricant?
WD40 has always worked for me. :like:

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anderson allegedly negotiating with a buyer again last night so I was wondering if the rising discontent amongst the fans and the continued evidence of lack of quality on the pitch will in any way soften his stance as regards price/payoff?
Whilst the prospects of administration and relegation loom closer and closer the former would present both opportunity and threat to both buyer and seller, so maybe the dynamics of negotiation have changed a bit and we might actually get a result before Anderson finds another discredited car salesman to pass the club on to?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's always talking to potential buyers he says, but like most things that come out of his mouth recently i won't believe it till i see it announced officially.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You know on the apprentice when it gets to the end of the day and they've still got loads of ice cream left and they start running about local business trying to flog it for 5 quid.

Now imagine trying to sell a football club in that way.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:You know on the apprentice when it gets to the end of the day and they've still got loads of ice cream left and they start running about local business trying to flog it for 5 quid.

Now imagine trying to sell a football club in that way.
An absolute possibility.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum