Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Bolton 0-2 West Brom

Bolton 0-2 West Brom

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Thu Jan 17 2019, 14:39

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
My Baggie-supporting mate took great delight in asking me to join him in the pub on Monday night to watch the game on SKY. He's still smarting from us nicking it at The Hawthorns and notwithstanding the fact that there will be at least 5 whites in my local watching the match, he was looking far too smug for my liking so I pray to God we stick it to them.
Question is how?
Head says we'll lose by a couple but heart is desperate for us to pull a win out of the bag.

2 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Thu Jan 17 2019, 14:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:My Baggie-supporting mate took great delight in asking me to join him in the pub on Monday night to watch the game on SKY.

I hope the pub isn't far, pushing an armchair any distance could do your back in.

3 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Thu Jan 17 2019, 15:29

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:My Baggie-supporting mate took great delight in asking me to join him in the pub on Monday night to watch the game on SKY.

I hope the pub isn't far, pushing an armchair any distance could do your back in.
It's standing only in the pub when there's a match on. Clearly the landlord hasn't read the Taylor report.

4 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Thu Jan 17 2019, 15:37

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Free tickets for season ticket holders mates should make the ground less empty.Struggling to think of any more positives

5 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Thu Jan 17 2019, 16:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I don't think the offer will be taken up by many, who would want to inflict watching us on our friends? Fastest way to lose friends i would say.

Going to be a 2 or 3 nil defeat.

6 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Sat Jan 19 2019, 12:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ref Watch: David Webb to oversee Wanderers home clash against West Bromwich Albion

David Webb will oversee Wanderers Sky Bet Championship home clash against West Bromwich Albion on Monday 21 January at the University of Bolton Stadium.

In his his twelfth season as a top flight referee, Webb has officiated 21 games so far this year at the time of writing, in which he has produced 54 yellow cards and one red card.

When looking towards last season, Webb produced 94 yellow cards in 43 games, branding three red cards in total.

The last time Webb was in charge a Wanderers match was in August 2017, where he oversaw Wanderers 3-2 home victory against Sheffield Wednesday in the EFL Cup.

In that fixture, Webb produced four cautions in that game, with Barry Bannan and Daniel Pudil picking up yellow cards for the Owls, along with Dorian Dervite and Jem Karacan for the Whites.

Steven Meredith and James Wilson will run the line for the fixture, with Jeremy Simpson as fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

7 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Sat Jan 19 2019, 12:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

8 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Sat Jan 19 2019, 13:27

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Birmingham Mail survey says 87% of WBA fans are confident of all 3 points.

9 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Sat Jan 19 2019, 20:18

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Only 87% ?

10 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Sun Jan 20 2019, 16:54

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Can someone please throw a couple of tennis balls at Adrian Childs.  He manages to get West Brom into everything he does on TV and Radio.

11 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Mon Jan 21 2019, 14:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
0-3. Parky out.

12 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Mon Jan 21 2019, 15:15

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
I don't think i've seen us lose at home to West Bromwich since Bruce Rioch was our manager

0-2 again

13 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Mon Jan 21 2019, 16:05

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'll be there tonight joining in with all the Super John and Fuck the Anderson songs.

14 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Mon Jan 21 2019, 16:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'll be there tonight joining in with all the Super John and Fuck the Anderson songs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

15 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Mon Jan 21 2019, 16:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You might be surprised by the amount of noise and songs you hear tonight Sluffy. You may need to turn up your telly or move your armchair closer to hear it.  
I'm pretty sure you'll suddenly become deaf when any kind of criticism of Kenocchio comes up as usual though.

16 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Mon Jan 21 2019, 16:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've managed to fit 36 tennis balls down my knickers.

17 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Mon Jan 21 2019, 16:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:You might be surprised by the amount of noise and songs you hear tonight Sluffy. You may need to turn up your telly or move your armchair closer to hear it.  
I'm pretty sure you'll suddenly become deaf when any kind of criticism of Kenocchio comes up as usual though.

I give up with you mate.

You clearly have me pegged as blindly loyal to everything the Anderson's do - you're certainly not the only one either.

There's no point explaining again how I prefer to see the facts than believe what someone on twitter says - particularly when they have their own personal agenda.

Funny how Iles, the ST, the organisers of tonight's protest or even the Baronesses have failed to mention anything about the coach loads of protesters who went down to FGR to complain about the Anderson's went.

Well for your information I found this little article tucked away on the Bolton News site - not even a reporters name attached to it either (funny that!) almost as though they are all embarrassed as to what a total flop it turned out.

PICTURES: Wanderers fans join Forest Green Rovers

Enjoy your protest tonight.

The protest demanding that the owner who himself wants to leave the club, leaves the club!

Shouldn't that really be a rally in support of his aim rather than a protest against it?

18 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Mon Jan 21 2019, 16:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
There are plenty of facts around that you choose to ignore such as 3 winding up orders issued recently and that we didn't pay one penny to FGR and Norwich for players they were with us up to January, hence why we were put under a registration embargo.
Ken can't keep stringing people along and wait for EFL payments to clear his debts for much longer can he? How is he going to pay the debt to the Eddie Davies estate?

19 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Mon Jan 21 2019, 17:16

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Funny how Iles, the ST, the organisers of tonight's protest or even the Baronesses have failed to mention anything about the coach loads of protesters who went down to FGR to complain about the Anderson's went.
Because not everyone lives  their life on the internet like you do?

Most People will be at the match tonight whether they rate Anderson or don't rate Anderson.Not you though, you'll be sat at home searching the internet to find some points to defend Anderson with.

20 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Mon Jan 21 2019, 17:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'll be there tonight joining in with all the Super John and Fuck the Anderson songs.

Do you not think you are getting a little old for getting into bother now that you are pushing 50? Very Happy

21 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Mon Jan 21 2019, 17:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:There are plenty of facts around that you choose to ignore such as 3 winding up orders issued recently and that we didn't pay one penny to FGR and Norwich for players they were with us up to January, hence why we were put under a registration embargo.
Ken can't keep stringing people along and wait for EFL payments to clear his debts for much longer can he? How is he going to pay the debt to the Eddie Davies estate?

All the bills have been paid - out of the EFL money - exactly as I predicted they would. No one is out of pocket and if Vince hadn't made such a song and dance, we would no doubt have completed the signing of Doidge also.

If he hadn't the money to pay the bills until the EFL money came in, what else was he supposed to do but not pay them until the money was there? And before you answer pay it himself the business is a limited company for a reason - and that is to separate legally the requirement of a business from that of its owner. That's why Limited Companies exist.

As for repayment of the Moonshift loan - I'm the one who raised this point in the first place remember? It will be interesting to see if he does - I suspect not - in which case we will have new owners - Moonshift - in just a few weeks time.

Wonder what contingency plans they are making just in case this really does happen?

22 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Mon Jan 21 2019, 18:59

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:There are plenty of facts around that you choose to ignore such as 3 winding up orders issued recently and that we didn't pay one penny to FGR and Norwich for players they were with us up to January, hence why we were put under a registration embargo.

All the bills have been paid - out of the EFL money - exactly as I predicted they would.  No one is out of pocket and if Vince hadn't made such a song and dance, we would no doubt have completed the signing of Doidge also.

If he hadn't the money to pay the bills until the EFL money came in, what else was he supposed to do but not pay them until the money was there?  And before you answer pay it himself the business is a limited company for a reason - and that is to separate legally the requirement of a business from that of its owner.  That's why Limited Companies exist.

As for repayment of the Moonshift loan - I'm the one who raised this point in the first place remember?  It will be interesting to see if he does - I suspect not - in which case we will have new owners - Moonshift - in just a few weeks time.

Wonder what contingency plans they are making just in case this really does happen?

Or Moonshift extends the loan until the next payment comes in... really depends on who is in charge of their finances and what loyalty he or she may or may not have with the club.  Still worrisome that we are living hand to mouth (as one might say)!

23 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Mon Jan 21 2019, 19:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

24 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Mon Jan 21 2019, 19:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Radio Nuts is now live via the Portal!

25 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Mon Jan 21 2019, 23:04

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Tried hard tonight, but as inept as they've been all season. Absolute lack of quality throughout the whole team

26 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Mon Jan 21 2019, 23:05

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
I happened to be walking round the front of the stadium when the demo was going on and walked half way round the ground with them, there were hundreds in the demo
My favourite chant was Get out of club, get out of our club, You Greedy Bastard, get out of our club
Inside the ground there was noisy anti Anderson chanting and a few choruses of Super John McGinlay although the teams spirited performance got the fans supporting the team mostly.
As for the performance, WBA were poor on the night, if we didn't have 3rd rate attacking players signed on frees and 200k fees im sure we''d have got something from the match, they were there for the taking really

The dam has been broken for Anderson now, its all out hatred from a sizeable section of our support, the only way back for Anderson will be to spend a decent chunk of  the £11 million he took for Clough, Holding and Madine.But he's not here to do that.

27 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Mon Jan 21 2019, 23:26

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
I'm not sure what's more disappointing, the match or the predictably flat demo led largely by a group of weak 13-16 year olds. The march had more of a sponsored walk for charity feel to it, than an angry protest against an orrible money grabbing bastard.

The only positive - and who gives a toss at this stage when we now seriously need points - is the team put a shift in. Unfortunately, where we've got Clayton Donaldsson - who in fairness ran his socks off - they have Dwight Gayle who is basically a younger, fitter, faster, better version, and that's just one example of the difference in individual quality.

28 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Mon Jan 21 2019, 23:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Tweet from Nathan Brierley (BWFC groundsman) -

Just finished work after a long 15hrs of cutting, marking and pre match prep and had coins thrown at me before kick off and witnessed Bolton fans punching a female steward. Fucking disgrace

29 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Tue Jan 22 2019, 00:15

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Tweet from Nathan Brierley (BWFC groundsman) -

Just finished work after a long 15hrs of cutting, marking and pre match prep and had coins thrown at me before kick off and witnessed Bolton fans punching a female steward. Fucking disgrace

Wrong on several levels there, a bloke doing his job should not be subjected to such abuse, and any man punching a female needs a fucking good shoeing, but on to the match and Parkinson fucked up AGAIN big time, he should have gone 2 up top on the hour, but subbed like for like, how the fuck is that going to change the game? he is so fucking clueless it beggars belief, I honestly believe that most protesters are doing so because Ken sticks by this fucking clown.

30 Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom on Tue Jan 22 2019, 00:50

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Very frustrating again. The players worked very hard but the lack of quality - and more obviously pace and athleticism - showed.
If there was one thing I would change above and beyond anything else in an imaginary world where we had the money to do it it would be the midfield. 
Nothing wrong with Lowe, Murphy and O'Neil in terms of experience and endeavour, but they haven't got an engine between them resulting in wingers looking to put balls in the box for one or two players being marked out of it by 3 or 4 defenders or forwards having to run at a packed defence unsupported. That absence of options made their minds up for the wide men on most occasions, leading to mistakes or going backwards and yet again we never looked a threat.
Our players aren't great by any means but without support in all areas of the pitch they are on to a hiding to nothing. Noone and Ameobi did well, but whenever they created space they had bugger all options and the attacks just fizzled out.
Even if we had 3 box to box quality midfielders who could get forward, participate in attacks to give us the numbers needed and then get back quickly to defend  there would still be issues elsewhere, but the only part of the pitch where we weren't consistently outnumbered was the edge of our own box.
Again.
Is it Parky's fault or is that the best system we can play given the limitations of the squad? I'm not sure, but I do believe the lack of pace, power and stamina in midfield is killing us and negating the best efforts of the forward players - the biggest immediate issue IMO.

Anderson Out!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum