Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Parkinson Thought - West Brom

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Parkinson Thought - West Brom Empty What Parkinson Thought - West Brom Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:31 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers fell to a 2-0 defeat at the University of Bolton Stadium at the hands of West Bromwich Albion, with goals coming from Sam Field and Jay Rodriguez for the Baggies.

Speaking to bwfc.co.uk after the final whistle, manager Phil Parkinson covered these topics…

On his verdict of the game…

“We are disappointed not to get something from the game because I thought in the first half, we were the better team.”

“We conceded a poor goal from the set play and albeit a good header from Dawson, was the lad offside? Probably so if VAR was in use tonight.

“It was a shame because we got in good positions tonight and thought our approach play was great.

“In the second half, I thought in patches we were looking good but a moment of real quality has won them the game.

“Sometimes that can be the difference as the lad has let it run and finished it excellently.

“There was a lot of positives to take from the game like Joe Pritchard making his debut tonight.

“I am absolutely delighted for him as he thoroughly deserved this opportunity.”

On not being outclassed by a recently relegated Premier League team…

“We know they have got an array of talent but Ben has had hardly anything to do.”

“I thought in possession we looked dangerous at times, but as we know the game is lost in both boxes and having that edge to getting results from games like this.”

On forcing Baggies goalkeeper Sam Johnstone into making a few top saves…

“Chances were few and far between for both sides but I think in the balance of it, we had the better chances.”

“When you play a top team, you aren’t going to have a lot of chances, if we are being realistic.

“We have to work on making our attempts count and we are hoping to look at that by bringing in one or two players.

“I have spoken to the chairman in the last 24 hours and we are working hard to add to what we have got.”

On moving onto Bristol City…

“We’ll be making some changes for that game, to add a bit of freshness in the team.”

“Obviously with the Reading game in mind, it doesn’t mean we are going there and not looking to get through.

“We aim to get through and keep going.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum