You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Takeover imminent?

Takeover imminent?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

181 Re: Takeover imminent? on Thu Feb 14 2019, 20:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:BASRAN and warburton have struck a deal with money men coming from the Far East

I'm not hopeful of big money signings then...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Laughing

182 Re: Takeover imminent? on Fri Feb 15 2019, 12:36

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
How long is imminent ?? just askin !!! ..dunno.. ..dunno..

183 Re: Takeover imminent? on Fri Feb 15 2019, 14:41

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:How long is imminent ?? just askin !!! ..dunno.. ..dunno..
Hopefully a shorter time than it  is taking to get Oyston out of Blackpool!

184 Re: Takeover imminent? on Fri Feb 15 2019, 15:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:How long is imminent ?? just askin !!! ..dunno.. ..dunno..

There was ever only Iles saying the takeover was imminent.

Where does Iles get his sources from?

If talks were serious neither side would be disclosing them to a third party, that's for sure.

Iles is banned by Anderson - so he won't be getting anything from him.  Indeed Iles specifically stated that the info was not from the Anderson camp.

So why would this apparent potential Basran purchasers side be leaking to the local news journalist before any done deal?

If there is a bid - and it is genuine - then very unprofessional behaviour from the prospective new owners.

Also I note Basran's newest Twitter site he follows is 'Cheating Death'!

All seems very odd and not exactly ringing true me.

Anyway nothing is going to happen until the Moonshift / KA loan (which involves who exactly owns the club) is first resolved imo.

185 Re: Takeover imminent? on Fri Feb 15 2019, 16:10

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If talks were serious neither side would be disclosing them to a third party, that's for sure.

Iles is banned by Anderson - so he won't be getting anything from him.  Indeed Iles specifically stated that the info was not from the Anderson camp.

So why would this apparent potential Basran purchasers side be leaking to the local news journalist before any done deal?

If there is a bid - and it is genuine - then very unprofessional behaviour from the prospective new owners.

Anyway nothing is going to happen until the Moonshift / KA loan (which involves who exactly owns the club) is first resolved imo.
Nixon was tweeting about  a deal at the same time as Isles, so  perhaps Isles was just following Nixon's tweets.

186 Re: Takeover imminent? on Fri Feb 15 2019, 17:00

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Iles wants fucking sacking. He’s about as ITK as Martin the dunce

187 Re: Takeover imminent? on Fri Feb 15 2019, 17:44

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Iles wants fucking sacking. He’s about as ITK as Martin the dunce
Still got more right than you ever will, knob.

188 Re: Takeover imminent? on Fri Feb 15 2019, 18:09

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
If Marc Iles was to be sacked and replaced with the finest journalist in the world it wouldn't change anything at the football club. We'd still have an owner who can't afford a football club, a crap team made up of free transfers and a 3rd tier standard manager

189 Re: Takeover imminent? on Fri Feb 15 2019, 18:18

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Why can’t Iles know others who work at the club?

I’ve no idea of the clubs hierarchy, and neither do you.

190 Re: Takeover imminent? on Fri Feb 15 2019, 19:15

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
That doesn't fit in with his agenda

191 Re: Takeover imminent? on Fri Feb 15 2019, 19:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:That doesn't fit in with his agenda

These time outs for childish pathetic comments don’t seem to be working do they?

192 Re: Takeover imminent? on Fri Feb 15 2019, 20:23

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:That doesn't fit in with his agenda

These time outs for childish pathetic comments don’t seem to be working do they?

If you chucked people for those then you'd have nobody left.

193 Re: Takeover imminent? on Fri Feb 15 2019, 22:26

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Just going by history but I can't recall Iles breaking a story since Ive known of his existence.

His usual excuse is that he doesn't want to jeopardize the local papers relationship with the club.

Bollocks of course.  Someone fed him a pup and he ran with it.

194 Re: Takeover imminent? on Fri Feb 15 2019, 22:29

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Depends on what you want from him.

If you want a load of bollocks based on nowt, check Nixon in the Sun.

195 Re: Takeover imminent? on Fri Feb 15 2019, 23:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
What agenda is this I'm supposed to have?

I'm sure Iles does know other people at the club and Basran is probably linked to whatever talks may be going on but if your job is to report on things wouldn't you try to research your facts as best you can and check the creditability of your sources and the major players as well as you could?

I've said nothing above even remotely controversial - any multimillion pound business takeover will include both parties being involved in non disclosure agreements whilst the deal is being done - and the deal isn't done until both parties have signed the contract selling the club to the new owner/s.

Blabbing about it to whoever before the deal is done certainly won't help things much will it?

Basran can follow whoever he pleases on Twitter - I just find it extremely odd that the first site he's chosen to follow after the club is the LoV, and the next those two kids following Bolton in South America??  And the only fan forum he's chosen to follow is the Mavis one which hasn't been active for the last 18 months???

Am I not allowed to express such an opinion or something?  Am I the only one who thinks it's an odd collection of sites to follow if he simply wanted to sample fans opinions from Twitter?

Anyway whoever buys the club must I assume have a sound business reason for doing so - I just can't see it being a football one though.  How does Basran or whoever ends up as owner make a financial return on it?  

Say for arguments sake they buy it for £20 million - all creditors paid off and KA makes nothing on the sale.  They still have to find at least another £3 million on top to pay the wages for March to July inclusive - 5 months at £600,000 per month.

Let's say a miracle happens and we don't get relegated, Amos wage is finally off the wage bill but we need to replace the dozen or more whose contracts are up.

Do they chuck in some money for a striker and a few decent players - if they do that's what £5 million or even more.  The wage bill will still be around half a million per month - and the crowds aren't going to suddenly get massive again - so the match day revenue streams are going to be much the same as at the start of this season - pre the protest marches.

So even if we managed the best season ever and got promoted, the new owners would be something like £30 million committed (and that's the best scenario!) even before they earned a single penny back from their investment.

That seems like a massive gamble to me - and that's solely on the basis they get to the Premier League in their first full season of club ownership!!!

Feel free to shoot me down and tell me what I've missed out - because all I can see is swapping a KA for another KA - and not a benevolent Eddie Davies type.

I'm highly suspicious of Russian money funding - the days of Abramovitch type owners are long gone - so I'm sceptical of the so called Russian bidders that are apparently interested in buying us and why would some random Turkish billionaire want to buy us?

I'm a Bolton fan like the rest of us reading this and would like nothing better to have unlimited funding from a wealthy benefactor again - but unless it is from some lifelong fan of the club like Davies I just can't see what would attract anyone else to pour their monies into the club?

There's much better deals to be done for them if they wanted to own a football club rather than little old (and very broke) Bolton Wanderers.

I also believe nothing much can happen until the lien on the ownership of the shares of the club is resolved before anything else.

Surely even Iles must wonder how Anderson could possibly sell his ownership shares in the club to someone else when they have already been put up as security to Davies for his £5 million loan needed to pay off BluMarble.

It's not really rocket science is it?

196 Re: Takeover imminent? on Sat Feb 16 2019, 17:21

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Hasn't Anderson spent the EFL payment and run out of assets to pawn yet? Can't be much longer before he is forced to quit surely? TBF he's lasted longer than I originally predicted but he has been bailed out a couple of times.

Sluffy - are you certain he put up his shares as security against the loan from Eddie? If so, was it all of them?

197 Re: Takeover imminent? on Sun Feb 17 2019, 21:21

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
I'm not reading all that

198 Re: Takeover imminent? on Tue Feb 19 2019, 01:17

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Why does "imminent" always seem to take such a long time?

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum