You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Takeover imminent?

Takeover imminent?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

61Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Mon Feb 04 2019, 22:25

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Anyhoo all this aside and regardless of who said what to whom - which we are unlikely to find out anyway - it would seem that a takeover is a possibility if not necessarily imminent. 

However you choose to interpret the quote Martin gave, that does add weight to the earlier reports that others have walked away at the point of discussing "terms" and it would be surprising if by "terms" they are referring to price as that would have been discussed at the first opportunity rather than the last. Make of that what you will.

I think the interesting element in play is our continued loss-making as sooner or later the money will run out and that prospect has to increasingly put pressure on Anderson to do a deal unless he's determined to put his exit "terms" ahead of the club's best interest and simply let us go bankrupt if he doesn't get what he wants. Sadly, I think that might well be the case.

It reminds me of a company I did some consultancy for years ago when they were going tits up and the owners refused to accept an offer for less than their investment even though the company was worth nowhere near what they had put in. Nor were they willing to accept my recommendation to spin out a couple of divisions into viable newcos as they were determined to marvel at what they'd built - when in reality what they'd built was a shambles. Their stubbornness cost them dearly. Sometimes you have to face facts - but the difference here is that Anderson didn't build BWFC and he doesn't have the same emotional investment those fools had. Moreover, he's made sure he's a creditor so will get paid out on the sale of assets when the club is dismantled.

62Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Tue Feb 05 2019, 08:02

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
According to LOV one of the interested parties were Football Ventures (Whites) Limited, Company number 11761052, which was incorporated on 11th January 2019 with two named officers at the helm - one being Parminder Basran and the other being Sharon Brittan...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

63Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Tue Feb 05 2019, 13:19

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Maybe summat in this then.

64Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Tue Feb 05 2019, 13:55

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I'm open to sell it to anybody at this point....even if it only lasts another year or two then sell on again.
It's hard to fathom anybody coming in can be worse than what we have now.

65Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Tue Feb 05 2019, 14:23

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Averaging over 14k? When???

Bolton's average attendance of 14,436 this season is remarkably good by Bolton standards given the  garbage being produced on the pitch.We were promoted to the Premier League under Rioch and Allardyce on crowds lower than or similar to these figures.
Eight teams in the Championship get lower crowds than us this season including the other North West Clubs Preston, Blackburn and Wigan
Of Ken's super 7 matches left Preston, Sheff Wed,  and Aston Villa should all bring a good following and the £5 tickets v Ipswich should attract at least an average crowd
It's likely we will be relegated with a historically shit team in terms of goalscoring yet a 14,000 average gate.

66Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Tue Feb 05 2019, 16:37

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The Scottish Sun may well be re--reporting Iles comments so I wouldn't read too much into it yet,
The other lot don't seem to have much more dosh than Anderson.
I'm worried.

67Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Tue Feb 05 2019, 16:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'm worried.

Why? What difference will a new owner make to your life?

An armchair in Norfolk is an armchair in Norfolk.

68Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Tue Feb 05 2019, 21:19

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Jimmy Armchair fronted the bid but walked away from the table when Anderson demanded 6 weeks p.a. timeshare per season and a years supply of tissues in part exchange for the club. 

Meanwhile Iles has summarised the current situation [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

69Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Tue Feb 05 2019, 22:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Jimmy Armchair fronted the bid but walked away from the table when Anderson demanded 6 weeks p.a. timeshare per season and a years supply of tissues in part exchange for the club. 

Meanwhile Iles has summarised the current situation [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Worst summary I've ever read!

He knows nothing about the Russians.

He knows nothing about the 'Warburton' bid - doesn't even know if Warburton is part of it or not?

Knows nothing of the asking price.

Knows nothing of what is included in the price.

Knows nothing of the time scale, or the progress on the bid/bids?

Knows nothing about how the Davies loan against Anderson's club ownership fits in to all this.

In short he knows nothing relevant at all!!!

And the think that makes me laugh the most is how much people are praising his article and thanking him for keeping them so well informed!

The blind leading the gullible blind.

70Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Tue Feb 05 2019, 23:25

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He knows nothing about the 'Warburton' bid - doesn't even know if Warburton is part of it or not?

Knows nothing about how the Davies loan against Anderson's club ownership fits in to all this.

And the think that makes me laugh the most is how much people are praising his article and thanking him for keeping them so well informed!

Nobody's being led anywhere though. This is  and was presented as Iles summary. I think we're all capable of making our own minds up about it without your judgemental bollocks.
And anyhoo, what evidence have you got to back up your claim he knows nothing about it?

71Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Tue Feb 05 2019, 23:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nobody's being led anywhere though. This is  and was presented as Iles summary. I think we're all capable of making our own minds up about it without your judgemental bollocks.
And anyhoo, what evidence have you got to back up your claim he knows nothing about it?
I know it's Iles summary - it's the very first thing I said in my post!

Surely even you can see by now that many, many people follow blindly what some folk say in the media/on social media - the so called 'influencers' - without checking how true or not what they are saying is.

If Iles actually knew anything relevant he would have said so well before now - he's clearly proved many times in the past he doesn't believe in holding back any sort of gossip let alone facts!

As for making up our own minds - we've certainly made them up a long time back over you - particularly when you feel you need to tell us details of your sex life on here!

Urgh!!!

72Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Wed Feb 06 2019, 06:54

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know it's Iles summary - it's the very first thing I said in my post!

Surely even you can see by now that many, many people follow blindly what some folk say in the media/on social media - the so called 'influencers' - without checking how true or not what they are saying is.

If Iles actually knew anything relevant he would have said so well before now - he's clearly proved many times in the past he doesn't believe in holding back any sort of gossip let alone facts!

As for making up our own minds - we've certainly made them up a long time back over you - particularly when you feel you need to tell us details of your sex life on here!

Urgh!!!
MY sex life?
You're the one with a boner for discrediting Iles.
Despite the fact you know nothing about what he knows and what he doesn't know or what anyone knows for that matter.

Anyhoo I reckon my sex life is a lot healthier than that of anyone who writes "Urgh" just because the word orgasm appeared. Mind you I'm starting to worry I'm getting turned on by the little vignettes of abuse you feel obliged to end every rant with in a "and here endeth the sermon" kind of way. They're soooooo cute x

73Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Wed Feb 06 2019, 08:45

y2johnny

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Ffs.  It's like a fooking pantomime. ..... And although it applies to the bolton takeover im not even on about that

74Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Wed Feb 06 2019, 09:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Anyhoo I reckon my sex life is a lot healthier than that of anyone who writes "Urgh" just because the word orgasm appeared. Mind you I'm starting to worry I'm getting turned on by the little vignettes of abuse you feel obliged to end every rant with in a "and here endeth the sermon" kind of way. They're soooooo cute x

I really shouldn't have to read this on a football forum.

Mods, do your job and get shut of this bellend.

75Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Wed Feb 06 2019, 09:57

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Anyhoo I reckon my sex life is a lot healthier than that of anyone who writes "Urgh" just because the word orgasm appeared. Mind you I'm starting to worry I'm getting turned on by the little vignettes of abuse you feel obliged to end every rant with in a "and here endeth the sermon" kind of way. They're soooooo cute x

I really shouldn't have to read this on a football forum.

Mods, do your job and get shut of this bellend.
You're quite right - it slipped my attention that this has spilled over from where it belongs on Wandering Minds thanks to Sluffy. This is after all a football forum and he was bang out of order mentioning it on here.

That said, I find your puritanical comments a bit rich seeing as you've been banging on about your saggy tits, singed fanny, assorted imaginary lovers and filling your box for years.

76Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Wed Feb 06 2019, 11:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Fwiw I've purposely kept away recently from commenting on the forum I help found because of a certain few people who seem determined to make it into something personal about me when I do.

Nothing I said in my first post back was in anyway personal and totally acceptable to all - if it had been posted by anyone else.

As you may imagine I'm not enjoying posting on here very much these days, so is it any wonder others clearly don't either?

Maybe it's getting time for a few radical changes on Nuts perhaps?

77Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Wed Feb 06 2019, 11:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Maybe it's getting time for a few radical changes on Nuts perhaps?

Chorley Nuts?

78Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Wed Feb 06 2019, 11:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy you are your own worst enemy, you can't wait for Lusty to post something so you can rip into him. 

I can't speak for others but i find your constant baiting of Lusty annoying and childish so maybe you need to just block each other and stop driving other posters away.

79Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Wed Feb 06 2019, 12:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Sluffy you are your own worst enemy, you can't wait for Lusty to post something so you can rip into him. 

I can't speak for others but i find your constant baiting of Lusty annoying and childish so maybe you need to just block each other and stop driving other posters away.

Fwiw Norpig, I simply commented on Iles article Wanderlust linked to.

Nothing more, nothing less.

It was HE that immediately made it personal.

I've deliberately KEPT AWAY from commenting on the forum so I COULDN'T be accused of baiting ANYONE!

So how is it you seem to have it fixed in your mind that I'm the one baiting and being childish?

80Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Wed Feb 06 2019, 12:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy if you can't see it then i'm just pissing in the wind. When you do post it's generally an attack on Lusty who to be fair to you, does like to wind you up with great success.

Just because i'm the only one sticking his head above the parapet doesn't mean others aren't thinking exactly the same as me.

81Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Wed Feb 06 2019, 13:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Sluffy if you can't see it then i'm just pissing in the wind. When you do post it's generally an attack on Lusty who to be fair to you, does like to wind you up with great success.

Just because i'm the only one sticking his head above the parapet doesn't mean others aren't thinking exactly the same as me.

I see it - and that's why I've not posted many comments on here recently.

The first time I have in a while, I deliberately kept it non personal.

Wanderlust immediately made it personal about me.

I must be getting old or soft or something but I no longer want to post on forums (even my own) where I'm attacked all the time.

I don't care if people I don't know and never will meet, like me or not.  

I don't post on forums to be popular or for my own self esteem, I simply post because I like to think I'm contributing something that others might have overlooked or missed.  I try to be even handed and fair the best I can and not simply follow the crowd.

I don't care if I'm unpopular simply because I've questioned how the ST has behaved, that I've pointed out that Iles clearly has an agenda against Anderson and was very pro-Holdsworth, and that I much prefer to see the facts and figures before condemning Anderson out of hand every single time - as many people do.

Fine if you don't like what I say and feel free to have your own say if you disagree but I simply no longer want to be personally attacked, made out to be weird or get involved in ad nauseum arguments over nothing much in particular.

Nuts was a place intended for fun - not to hold and carry on personal internet vendettas - some that date back over a decade ago would you believe!

I know things change and social media which forums are part of, change too but as a pensioner myself I simply don't understand the need (or hatred) to constantly personally attack people simply for holding a different view to them?

It's certainly not a age thing as Wanderlust is of the same generation as myself.

I don't find it pleasant to be on here very much these days.

I'm sure I'm far from being the only one either.

82Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Wed Feb 06 2019, 13:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
And you wonder why people don't post on here as much? You are one of the owners of this forum and come out with that. 
If you don't want to be involved then fine, i'm sure BTID and the other mods can run this site, but stop with all the bad mouthing of the forum and just stop posting.

83Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Wed Feb 06 2019, 14:08

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Sluffy if you can't see it then i'm just pissing in the wind. When you do post it's generally an attack on Lusty who to be fair to you, does like to wind you up with great success.

I see it - and that's why I've not posted many comments on here recently.

The first time I have in a while, I deliberately kept it non personal.

Wanderlust immediately made it personal about me.

I must be getting old or soft or something but I no longer want to post on forums (even my own) where I'm attacked all the time.

I don't care if people I don't know and never will meet, like me or not.  

I don't post on forums to be popular or for my own self esteem, I simply post because I like to think I'm contributing something that others might have overlooked or missed.  I try to be even handed and fair the best I can and not simply follow the crowd.

I don't care if I'm unpopular simply because I've questioned how the ST has behaved, that I've pointed out that Iles clearly has an agenda against Anderson and was very pro-Holdsworth, and that I much prefer to see the facts and figures before condemning Anderson out of hand every single time - as many people do.

Fine if you don't like what I say and feel free to have your own say if you disagree but I simply no longer want to be personally attacked, made out to be weird or get involved in ad nauseum arguments over nothing much in particular.

Nuts was a place intended for fun - not to hold and carry on personal internet vendettas - some that date back over a decade ago would you believe!

I know things change and social media which forums are part of, change too but as a pensioner myself I simply don't understand the need (or hatred) to constantly personally attack people simply for holding a different view to them?

It's certainly not a age thing as Wanderlust is of the same generation as myself.

I don't find it pleasant to be on here very much these days.

I'm sure I'm far from being the only one either.

That's why. Shite like that.

84Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Wed Feb 06 2019, 14:45

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
More importantly, why isn't my avatar displaying? Can someone get the Nuts tech team on it?

85Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Wed Feb 06 2019, 14:51

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I was certain there was something going on with the takeover after all these posts. What a let down.

86Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Wed Feb 06 2019, 14:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:More importantly, why isn't my avatar displaying? Can someone get the Nuts tech team on it?

Have you tried uploading one to your profile?

87Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Wed Feb 06 2019, 15:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:More importantly, why isn't my avatar displaying? Can someone get the Nuts tech team on it?

Your avatar is displaying on my laptop - maybe it is a mobile phone issue perhaps?

88Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Wed Feb 06 2019, 15:43

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
fao Sluffy

I think it was only on Wanderers Ways you were labelled a wierdo for your daily attacks on anyone who criticised Anderson in public.I suspected you might be on Andersons payroll to attack anyone who criticised him but since you stopped posting for a while probably not.
On WW you invited people to mock a young Bolton fan involved in organising the protest at the West Brom match by posting links to to his CV and an article about him doing an iron man challenge or something..You were playing to about 5 or 6 staunch Anderson fanatics on WW and appearing odd to the silent majority.Your attack on the lad didn't have the desired effect.A long term poster on WW provided a link to some charity work the lad is doing and donated to it, others criticised your behavior

If you are truly a great fan of Anderson and want to defend him, post positive words about the fine things you think Anderson has done for the club, don't launch personal attacks on fans who criticise him.Mocking other fans might be easier than finding positive things to say about Anderson but it makes you look a right cunt

89Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Wed Feb 06 2019, 16:09

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:fao Sluffy

I think it was only on Wanderers Ways you were labelled a wierdo for your daily attacks on anyone who criticised Anderson in public.I suspected you might be on Andersons payroll to attack anyone who criticised him but since you stopped posting for a while probably not.
On WW you invited people to mock a young Bolton fan involved in organising the protest at the West Brom match by posting links to to his CV and an article about him doing an iron man challenge or something..You were playing to about 5 or 6 staunch Anderson fanatics on WW and appearing odd to the silent majority.Your attack on the lad didn't have the desired effect.A long term poster on WW provided a link to some charity work the lad is doing and donated to it, others criticised your behavior

If you are truly a great fan of Anderson and want to defend him, post positive words about the fine things you think Anderson has done for the club, don't launch personal attacks on fans who criticise him.Mocking other fans might be easier than finding positive things to say about Anderson but it makes you look a right cunt
:clap:

90Takeover imminent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover imminent? on Wed Feb 06 2019, 18:48

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm guessing it doesn't support support animations.  Try using a .jpg or .png file

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum