You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Will you be renewing?

Will you be renewing?

Will you be buying a season ticket for 2019/2020?

Will you be renewing? Vote_lcap11%Will you be renewing? Vote_rcap 11% [ 2 ]
Will you be renewing? Vote_lcap28%Will you be renewing? Vote_rcap 28% [ 5 ]
Will you be renewing? Vote_lcap0%Will you be renewing? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Will you be renewing? Vote_lcap61%Will you be renewing? Vote_rcap 61% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 18

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Will you be renewing? Empty Will you be renewing? on Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
There haven't been many years where I didn't bother buying a season ticket. Usually even when we're bad, I'd rather be watching it and having an opinion on the team. But at the minute, I find myself not even caring what side gets picked, not caring whether it's one up top or four. The current level of investment in players makes all that pretty irrelevant to a considerable extent.

Personally I think there will be an alarming number of season ticket cancellations in May regardless of this season's outcome, and if anybody were to say they didn't enjoy going to the matches but somehow felt morally obliged to paying up and showing their support, I'd consider that person a complete halfwit.

So assuming no positive change in ownership - even if Anderson finds a buyer there's no guarantee the paying supporters would ever see a difference - are you planning to buy a season ticket next term?

2Will you be renewing? Empty Re: Will you be renewing? on Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:25 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Whether Parkinson is still manager will have the biggest impact on season ticket sales.

If we go down and start the new season with a new manager there will be a bit of optimism. If Parky is still in charge I'd be surprised if 50% of season ticket holders renew.

3Will you be renewing? Empty Re: Will you be renewing? on Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:47 pm

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I know of at least 6 of my mates who are currently season ticket holders will not renew if Parkinson is still here, now in the grand scheme of things 6 less tickets won't hurt, but if it's repeated accross the fan base Nat won't be far off with the 50% non renewal, and that alone will cripple Ken financially if he's still around.

4Will you be renewing? Empty Re: Will you be renewing? on Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:01 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'll be there. Thinking about changing my seat though. Might possibly migrate to the East stand.

5Will you be renewing? Empty Re: Will you be renewing? on Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:04 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I’m going to only get one if we go down, glad I’m out n back into football now

6Will you be renewing? Empty Re: Will you be renewing? on Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:56 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Very Happy

Welcome back Scott!

7Will you be renewing? Empty Re: Will you be renewing? on Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:03 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'll be there. Thinking about changing my seat though. Might possibly migrate to the East stand.
I'll be there as well, come and sit next to me Boncey, we can moan together  Very Happy

8Will you be renewing? Empty Re: Will you be renewing? on Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:42 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I don't feel morally obliged but it is in the blood, I've been watching Bolton whether they are good or bad since 1987 and the old division 4 so can't see that changing now.
Until i am either unable to get there through ill health or death or lack of money then i can't see a time i won't go no matter what division we are in. If that makes me an idiot, so be it  Very Happy

9Will you be renewing? Empty Re: Will you be renewing? on Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:55 pm

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I don't feel morally obliged but it is in the blood, I've been watching Bolton whether they are good or bad since 1987 and the old division 4 so can't see that changing now.
Until i am either unable to get there through ill health or death or lack of money then i can't see a time i won't go no matter what division we are in. If that makes me an idiot, so be it  Very Happy
BWFC is in my blood too Norpig, but I refuse to go and watch that shit Parkinson serves up, even when one of my mates can't go and offer me their ticket I don't take them up on it as it bores me to tears.

10Will you be renewing? Empty Re: Will you be renewing? on Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:03 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
As a pensioner my season ticket is now a lot cheaper, and I can fully understand people who baulk at having to pay full whack for the shit that's being served up.
It's a lot of money, especially when you have kids who want to go too.

11Will you be renewing? Empty Re: Will you be renewing? on Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:06 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I don't feel morally obliged but it is in the blood, I've been watching Bolton whether they are good or bad since 1987 and the old division 4 so can't see that changing now.

No no, I completely understand that.

As long as you get some form of satisfaction over the 23 matches, I understand.

Personally, I just can't stomach that there's a criminal lack of investment going into the team, and it's just not reflected in the ticket pricing.

It's a bit like Northern Rail really, except there are few alternatives when it comes to trains. There's lots of things you can do on Saturdays that are more enjoyable than watching Bolton, I wouldn't even know where to start on that list.

12Will you be renewing? Empty Re: Will you be renewing? on Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:13 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
BWFC is in my blood too Norpig, but I refuse to go and watch that shit Parkinson serves up, even when one of my mates can't go and offer me their ticket I don't take them up on it as it bores me to tears.

I completely understand the Parkinson thing, even if we had a solid Championship squad I imagine the football would be dire, but we saw yesterday, he played two up front and we simply got outclassed regardless.

There's no doubt if Parky went and a new reputable manager came in there'd be more optimism about the place but that doesn't necessarily amount to better football, better results.

13Will you be renewing? Empty Re: Will you be renewing? on Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:30 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Personally, I just can't stomach that there's a criminal lack of investment going into the team, and it's just not reflected in the ticket pricing.

It's a bit like Northern Rail really, except there are few alternatives when it comes to trains. There's lots of things you can do on Saturdays that are more enjoyable than watching Bolton, I wouldn't even know where to start on that list.
Not sure satisfaction comes into it especially this season, its more like a badge of honour putting up with the dross and still going  Very Happy

And to make it worse i live in Manchester and rely on the trains to get to the match so so it's been double shite!

14Will you be renewing? Empty Re: Will you be renewing? on Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:45 pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure satisfaction comes into it especially this season, its more like a badge of honour putting up with the dross and still going  Very Happy

And to make it worse i live in Manchester and rely on the trains to get to the match so so it's been double shite!

You can’t claim to be a die hard fan if you go to watch city as well

15Will you be renewing? Empty Re: Will you be renewing? on Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:55 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've been to see City about 3 or 4 times with my lad who is a Manc and supports City. I've tried blackmailing him, threatening him, all sorts but he won't come to watch Bolton.

16Will you be renewing? Empty Re: Will you be renewing? on Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:00 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:There's lots of things you can do on Saturdays that are more enjoyable than watching Bolton, I wouldn't even know where to start on that list.

Try. We'd all like to know what interests Doffcocker.

17Will you be renewing? Empty Re: Will you be renewing? on Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:35 pm

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Whichever division if there's a change of manager I'll renew. Whichever division if Parky's still here definitely not.

18Will you be renewing? Empty Re: Will you be renewing? on Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:04 pm

rogercpc

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
of course I will renew. I have been a sporadic visitor watching wanderers since 1959.  However this year I got my first st, (pensioner you see!) However I have seen sufficient to keep me moaning for years to come. Things can only get better.(maybe a little worse first)

19Will you be renewing? Empty Re: Will you be renewing? on Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:13 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It's tragic. My family insist this is based on me. Many of you will know the score.

20Will you be renewing? Empty Re: Will you be renewing? on Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:51 pm

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt
If Parky and Del Boy are still there I will be watching Salford City.

21Will you be renewing? Empty Re: Will you be renewing? on Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:15 pm

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Living in Germany having a Season Ticket would be stupid, so I watch the games on
iFollow, but it has got to the stage now where I can't be bothered to watch a full game anymore. Yesterday as soon as they scored their first goal I switched it off because you know it is game over. The commentary was Tower FM and the guy sounded like he was falling asleep. We had 17% posession before they got the penalty and Swansea just passed the ball around. Like he said, it was like watching a training session. I can maybe understand that our players didn't have much interest due to not being paid (again), but it's like this every week.

I think we could end up like Bradford City. When we came up from League One a couple of seasons back, Bradford were one of the strongest sides in the division. Now they look like they will be down in League 2 next season. We are heading the same way. Maybe only one or two players in our current Squad look good enough to battle in League 1.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum