Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NIXON-Sun today.

+7
Norpig
karlypants
Growler
wanderlust
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Cajunboy
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1NIXON-Sun today. Empty NIXON-Sun today. Sun Feb 17 2019, 16:22

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

“Bolton owner Ken Anderson is having crunch talks with the family of Eddie Davies, the clubs’ ex supremo.
Davies gave Anderson a £5 million loan before he died in 2018 and that needs to be settled before the club can be sold.
Trotters fan Davies also had an agreement he would get a massive windfall should Wanderers make it back to the Premier League.
That clause may have to be dropped as some of the prospective buyers do not want that bill down the line should they take control and turn it round.
The Davies family have little interest in football and want to sever ties without losing out too much financially.
Anderson may be able to agree a compromise figure with the family but will need to find a guaranteed buyer for the Championship strugglers for that to happen.”

2NIXON-Sun today. Empty Re: NIXON-Sun today. Sun Feb 17 2019, 16:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a load of old rubbish

3NIXON-Sun today. Empty Re: NIXON-Sun today. Sun Feb 17 2019, 18:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't really understand this?

As far as I can remember things this loan was only payable if we got back into the Premier League within a set time (5 years?).

KA's been here three years now and it looks fairly certain that we are going to spend the next year in the third tier, which would mean the final qualifying year in the Championship at best.

I though the real idea of the loan was to put a charge on assets so that they could not be 'stripped' by some cowboy type owner - hence why Anderson could never sell off the assets even if he wanted to - yet what Wanderlust has been telling us all ad nauseum which is what he's been doing for the last three years!  He clearly couldn't and hasn't!

The removal of this loan would in my opinion make it MORE likely for the club to be asset stripped, if the new owners were that sort of people to want to do so!

I still am yet to be convinced how anyone has a sensible plan to make money out of the club without risking something like £30+ millions as pump priming first, to even have a shot at getting us in the Premier League (and the real money) by the end of their first full season of ownership.

For every year they miss they will have to find at least another £5 million in wages and the same again in squad development as a minimum if they want to improve on what we've got - whilst at the same time other clubs will also be improving their teams to!

They could easily plough £50 million into the club and still not have anything to show for it - so why are they hung up on Eddie's 'bonus' payment that we seem very unlikely to trigger (by getting into the Premier League) in the first place?

If we aren't going to get in the Premier in the next two years and no one wants to strip the club of it's currently protected assets - then why does anyone want Davies loan conditions revoked?

4NIXON-Sun today. Empty Re: NIXON-Sun today. Sun Feb 17 2019, 23:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I don't really understand this?

As far as I can remember things this loan was only payable if we got back into the Premier League within a set time (5 years?).

KA's been here three years now and it looks fairly certain that we are going to spend the next year in the third tier, which would mean the final qualifying year in the Championship at best.

I though the real idea of the loan was to put a charge on assets so that they could not be 'stripped' by some cowboy type owner - hence why Anderson could never sell off the assets even if he wanted to - yet what Wanderlust has been telling us all ad nauseum which is what he's been doing for the last three years!  He clearly couldn't and hasn't!

The removal of this loan would in my opinion make it MORE likely for the club to be asset stripped, if the new owners were that sort of people to want to do so!

I still am yet to be convinced how anyone has a sensible plan to make money out of the club without risking something like £30+ millions as pump priming first, to even have a shot at getting us in the Premier League (and the real money) by the end of their first full season of ownership.

For every year they miss they will have to find at least another £5 million in wages and the same again in squad development as a minimum if they want to improve on what we've got - whilst at the same time other clubs will also be improving their teams to!

They could easily plough £50 million into the club and still not have anything to show for it - so why are they hung up on Eddie's 'bonus' payment that we seem very unlikely to trigger (by getting into the Premier League) in the first place?

If we aren't going to get in the Premier in the next two years and no one wants to strip the club of it's currently protected assets - then why does anyone want Davies loan conditions revoked?
Twaddle as usual.
Anderson took the loan secured by his personal shares in Burnden Leisure AND then the club's assets so that this final time Eddie bailed us out, he/his estate would get their money back regardless of what Anderson did to the club.

Pretty sure the call on Anderson's shares first and those shares would have to be valued before the Davies family would accept them as payment.

5NIXON-Sun today. Empty Re: NIXON-Sun today. Mon Feb 18 2019, 02:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I don't really understand this?

Twaddle as usual.
Anderson took the loan secured by his personal shares in Burnden Leisure AND then the club's assets so that this final time Eddie bailed us out, he/his estate would get their money back regardless of what Anderson did to the club.

Pretty sure the call on Anderson's shares first and those shares would have to be valued before the Davies family would accept them as payment.

Rolling Eyes

Eh?

Just shows your total lack of understanding of everything over the last three years.

We aren't even talking about the personal loan between Davies and Anderson!!!

The issue isn't over the £5 million (to pay off BluMarble) it's about the £15 million debt Eddie left in the club at the time of the sale to Holdsworth to prevent any potential asset stripping occurring.

For the last three years you've been banging on about Anderson stripping the club assets, but he's never had any assets to strip - there's always been charges against them - and that's why I've been asking you over and over again, what assets where you talking about???

Seems you've understood nothing from the absolute beginning but sounded off the most!

Empty vessels!

Very Happy

6NIXON-Sun today. Empty Re: NIXON-Sun today. Mon Feb 18 2019, 03:05

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:

For the last three years you've been banging on about Anderson stripping the club assets, but he's never had any assets to strip 
When Anderson took over we had a Championship standard striker (Madine) an Arsenal standard centre half (Holding) and a promising young championship player (Clough)
Anderson sold these players for around £11 million and has spent 200k on the awful Magennis
Our squad now doesn't have a Championship standard striker just two bog standard third tier ones.Whoever takes over from Anderson won't have one valuable player to sell.
This is a form of asset stripping

7NIXON-Sun today. Empty Re: NIXON-Sun today. Mon Feb 18 2019, 04:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Growler wrote:
Sluffy wrote:For the last three years you've been banging on about Anderson stripping the club assets, but he's never had any assets to strip 
When Anderson took over we had a Championship standard striker (Madine) an Arsenal standard centre half (Holding) and a promising young championship player (Clough)
Anderson sold these players for around £11 million and has spent 200k on the awful Magennis
Our squad now doesn't have a Championship standard striker just two bog standard third tier ones.Whoever takes over from Anderson won't have one valuable player to sell.
This is a form of asset stripping

It's not the same mate.

When Davies sold the club, stadium, hotel, car parks and everything else - the value in the assets the new owner was taking on was worth far, far more than the £1 he sold it for.

A new owner could have simply sold the club on again immediately (or sold off the assets separately) and made millions.

To prevent anyone doing that Davies didn't write off his total debt in the club (although he did go on to write off £198 million of it!) he left a sum (£15 million) equivalent to the then assets in the business, secured on them.

In simple terms the debt he left on the books prevented any possible asset stripping taking place (and hence why the later ACV by the ST on the stadium was completely pointless other than as a PR exercise by them).

Whilst this loan is left outstanding to Davies (Moonshift), no one can sell the stadium, hotel, car park, etc, that the club owns.  However once that loan is paid or written off, the charge over the assets is removed and whoever owns the club (or more accurately Burnden Leisure) CAN sell them if they want to.

Again to simplify my explanation, think of the Stadium, Hotel, etc as goods that last for a number of years - you don't build a new stadium ever year or a new hotel, etc, etc - yet they remain core to the business.  They are permanent and have a value that can be calculated and known over a period of years - and as such you can calculate how much they cost to run and how much you are likely to receive if you sell them - and importantly loan money against them if you needed to.

Player transfers - which you certainly love to mention - are in comparison short term and take place often.  You can't plan ahead.  You can't say that this player we will sell for this much and that player for that much.  These are yearly trading activities and as such can't be planned in advance as they vary so wildly from year to year depending if we have a player anybody wants to buy and how badly our need is at the time for the money a sale will bring in.

The sale of those three players you name did bring in around £11 million to the club - but as you always fail to mention the cost for the players wages which has been around treble that since KA arrived three years ago.  Anderson had no idea when he bought the club that he would have player sales of £11 million (nor did anyone else - who would ever have thought Madine could be sold for £6 million?).

Anderson may have taken a cut from the sales for all I know but he's certainly not pocketed the whole £11 million (which you constantly imply) or else the club would have run out of money a long time before now.

The bulk of that money has been used to keep the club going and pay the wages in just the same way year by year as it does with most other clubs outside the Premier League.

8NIXON-Sun today. Empty Re: NIXON-Sun today. Mon Feb 18 2019, 09:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nixon wrote:Bolton owner Ken Anderson is having crunch talks with the family of Eddie Davies, the clubs’ ex supremo.
Davies gave Anderson a £5 million loan before he died in 2018 and that needs to be settled before the club can be sold.

Moron wrote:Eh?

Just shows your total lack of understanding of everything over the last three years.

We aren't even talking about the personal loan between Davies and Anderson!!!

The issue isn't over the £5 million (to pay off BluMarble) it's about the £15 million debt Eddie left in the club at the time of the sale to Holdsworth to prevent any potential asset stripping occurring.

Wanderlust thought to himself...and then wrote:So this moron is pontificating and having a personal dig at me even though he's talking to himself about a completely different issue than Nixon i.e. what the thread's about? Poor man he must be very insecure.

Moron then blundered on and wrote:For the last three years you've been banging on about Anderson stripping the club assets, but he's never had any assets to strip - there's always been charges against them - and that's why I've been asking you over and over again, what assets where you talking about???

Seems you've understood nothing from the absolute beginning but sounded off the most!

Empty vessels!

Wanderlust shifted in his armchair, sighed audibly and wondered why this moron feels the need to end every post with an abusive lecture as if it lends any credibility whatsoever to the point he's trying to make and wrote:

Cutbacks in the mental health community support programme must be biting very deep in Slough. Poor man.

9NIXON-Sun today. Empty Re: NIXON-Sun today. Mon Feb 18 2019, 09:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I find that last bit way below the belt Wander!

So now mental health is a big joke then is it that can be laughed at and made fun out of??

10NIXON-Sun today. Empty Re: NIXON-Sun today. Mon Feb 18 2019, 10:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I find that last bit way below the belt Wander!

So now mental health is a big joke then is it that can be laughed at and made fun out of??
I'm so sorry as I hadn't realised he actually has mental health problems. I may have suspected it, but now that you've confirmed that he actually suffers from mental health issues I won't allude to his condition again.

11NIXON-Sun today. Empty Re: NIXON-Sun today. Mon Feb 18 2019, 11:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

We all know what Wanderlust is like - and if anyone had any doubts about him, then they clearly won't have anymore.

I'll explain what is going on one last time - without the specifically edited quotes above - in his attempt to justify himself.

There are at least two major loans outstanding to Davies, one of them a £15 million loan he left in the club from the time of it's sale to Holdsworth/Anderson -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This £15 million was left in the club to prevent any attempt of asset striping - the security of the loan was made against the clubs remaining assets - and so nothing could be sold for anyone to make a quick profit on.  This is also the loan that had 'windfall' clauses in the unlikely even we got back to the Premier League within a set time.

The second being the £5 million he loaned Anderson personally with Anderson's shares in the club put up as security.

I've said repeatedly that this particular loan would have to be resolved first BEFORE any deal with anyone else could be done - because you can't sell legally something you've put up as security to someone else.

This loan has to be sorted before he can sell to anyone - full stop.

The original loan... -

Cajunboy wrote:“Bolton owner Ken Anderson is having crunch talks with the family of Eddie Davies, the clubs’ ex supremo.
Trotters fan Davies also had an agreement he would get a massive windfall should Wanderers make it back to the Premier League.
That clause may have to be dropped as some of the prospective buyers do not want that bill down the line should they take control and turn it round”

...is the one that contained the 'windfall' bonuses clauses - and the one that the potential new owners are baulking at!!!

It is not hard or difficult for anyone to grasp the facts.

Regrettably though Wanderlust doesn't let facts get in the way of his agenda against Anderson since he arrived and his abuse is simply his attempt to distract away from this.

It also demonstrates his lack of empathy and understanding and how utterly and completely outdated his moral compass is for the twenty-first century.

12NIXON-Sun today. Empty Re: NIXON-Sun today. Mon Feb 18 2019, 13:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jesus! Can you two pack it in please?

13NIXON-Sun today. Empty Re: NIXON-Sun today. Mon Feb 18 2019, 13:28

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:Jesus! Can you two pack it in please?
You can say that again.

14NIXON-Sun today. Empty Re: NIXON-Sun today. Mon Feb 18 2019, 15:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So when's this takeover happening then?

15NIXON-Sun today. Empty Re: NIXON-Sun today. Mon Feb 18 2019, 16:48

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:So when's this takeover happening then?
I thought the takeover happened on Saturday... never saw a lick of our team on top, so I falsely assumed the Whites had been overtaken by the Canaries.  A few more goals and we would have needed a white flag.

16NIXON-Sun today. Empty Re: NIXON-Sun today. Mon Feb 18 2019, 17:05

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Was there any kind of pre-match anti-KEN protest outside the ground as in the previous two home games?

Were KEN and Son at the match, or have they not been seen at the UBOL since Christmas?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

17NIXON-Sun today. Empty Re: NIXON-Sun today. Mon Feb 18 2019, 17:16

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Cajunboy wrote:Was there any kind of pre-match anti-KEN protest outside the ground as in the previous two home games?

Were KEN and Son at the match, or have they not been seen at the UBOL since Christmas?

No protest and they weren't at the match. Our directors box was empty- theirs was full with Saint Delia sat there in front.
How embarrassing is that when the owners are too afraid/can't be arsed to turn up.

18NIXON-Sun today. Empty Re: NIXON-Sun today. Mon Feb 18 2019, 17:20

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

rammywhite wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:Was there any kind of pre-match anti-KEN protest outside the ground as in the previous two home games?

No protest and they weren't at the match. Our directors box was empty- theirs was full with Saint Delia sat there in front.
How embarrassing is that when the owners are too afraid/can't be arsed to turn up.
Thanks.

19NIXON-Sun today. Empty Re: NIXON-Sun today. Tue Feb 19 2019, 01:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:

Presumably they were too busy closing the deal that will save the club as promised? Unless Anderson has already pawned the Director's box?

20NIXON-Sun today. Empty Re: NIXON-Sun today. Tue Feb 19 2019, 08:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kenocchio and his chav son wouldn't dare show thjeir faces at the ground now, we just have to hope and pray they are gone soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum