Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Club Future - Administration or bust?

+27
finlaymcdanger
okocha
Leeds_Trotter
Sluffy
wanderlust
Buellix
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
bryan458
rogercpc
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
Nigelbwfc
observer
maconman
rammywhite
Norpig
boltonbonce
DEANO82
Cajunboy
MartinBWFC
terenceanne
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
xmiles
karlypants
y2johnny
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 29 ... 52  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 52]

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Growler wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Big club with a good fan base?
I think Aston Villa is the only big club between Manchester and London.

Wolves, Birmingham, WBA, Forest, Leicester, Stoke, Derby - for me these are all medium sized clubs.
They're all seen as big clubs in the media. We are sadly not. Our support base seems a lot worse than theirs. 

I take your point, however, they're still getting 20,000+ crowds and Derby 25,000 + crowds. Right now We're struggling to 15000.

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Which is a revenue stream we don't have... Thus why no one wants to buy us. Don't know why people can't admit that.
But we could have as the numbers in Greater Manchester match those of other areas and will probably out strip them if all the housing is built.

They can't all fit in to Man Up and Man City. 

The club and the town need to work closer together. People have to start identifying with the town again. It can happen. 

We need optimists, not pessimists.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nigelbwfc wrote:
Growler wrote:

Wolves, Birmingham, WBA, Forest, Leicester, Stoke, Derby - for me these are all medium sized clubs.
They're all seen as big clubs in the media. We are sadly not. Our support base seems a lot worse than theirs. 

I take your point, however, they're still getting 20,000+ crowds and Derby 25,000 + crowds. Right now We're struggling to 15000.
I don't see Wolves as bigger than us in normal circumstances, a successful BWFC would attract 20.000 plus crowds, as has been shown in the past.

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

MartinBWFC wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:
Growler wrote:

I don't see Wolves as bigger than us in normal circumstances, a successful BWFC would attract 20.000 plus crowds, as has been shown in the past.
Unfortunately outside Bolton many journal consider them bigger than us.

They have had 30,000 in their ground in the last 12 months. We couldn't even get that many on.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A hour of my life I won't get back but for anyone interested a BBC Radio Manchester 'special' about the club featuring the likes of Tetlow from the ST, Jack Dearden, Iles and McGinlay - funnily enough the exact same four who were on Question and Answer 'panel' BBC Manchester held in Bolton the other day.

You would think by now that they would grasp the simple fact the although Anderson owns the club, the club is a LIMITED COMPANY, which means that club trades based on its income and expenditure and it is NOT the responsibility for Anderson to put his hand in his pocket to bail it out with his own personal money.

Anyway link here if anyone is bothered.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BN saying a deal is imminent and that the most likely buyer is Basran's group which is a bit of an unknown quantity. My guess - and it is a guess before the trolls are all over my every word again - is that having seen the accounts and walked away once, they've come back with a reduced offer which Anderson facing the prospect of the club collapsing around his ears has been forced to accept. It may even be the case that part of their offer was to front the money to sort out the wages and ensure the game goes ahead on Saturday.

Hopefully we'll find out a bit more about Basran's group, their intentions and their finances as soon as the deal is complete.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A takeover at Bolton Wanderers is on course to be completed quickly, The Bolton News understands.

Ken Anderson claimed yesterday to be in negotiation with “several” parties over the sale of his majority stake but one – the consortium headed by Parminder Basran and Sharron Brittan is thought to be ahead of the pack.

The current owner is aiming to hand over control by the end of the week, and with the EFL promising a swift ratification process, he might just get his wish.

Wanderers trio David Wheater, Remi Matthews and Jason Lowe visited stadium staff yesterday to try and boost morale among staff who have not yet been paid their February wages.

Anderson agreed a deal to pay match-day employees today, with full-time staff set to get their money tomorrow.

The agreement ensured Saturday’s game against Millwall will go ahead after a threat from Bolton Council to withdraw the stadium’s safety certificate.

The EFL made a brief statement to acknowledge the decision, adding: “The EFL will continue to assist the club in finding a permanent solution to the current challenges the club faces.”

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Am i having a De Ja Vu episode ??

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bryan458 wrote:Am i having a De Ja Vu episode ??
It is a getting like Groundhog day. It's no surprise that Anderson is still trying to up the ante by continuing to talk publicly about there being more than one group interested in buying, despite the fact that the club is on it's knees and everyone knows how desperate to sell he is. Surely he can't mess this one up?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Billionaire interest with Kenyon or a business consortium with a few quid.

I think we'll know what we'll end up with.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Billionaire interest with Kenyon or a business consortium with a few quid.

Doesn’t Basran have ties to billionaires too?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Billionaire interest with Kenyon or a business consortium with a few quid.

Not that we know of. As far as I can tell so far, he has two partners and between them they have roughly the same money as Anderson, but although the companies they are involved in have substantial assets, their creditors exceed their assets. 
TBH I think our best hope is that they are fronting the bid for someone else.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Basran personally knows the co founder of Facebook. Not that I’m saying he’s necessarily involved

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I follow some billionaires on twitter too which is about as close as he is to that guy.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I follow some billionaires on twitter too which is about as close as he is to that guy.

He invests for him.

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Boggersbelief wrote:

I believe the co founder of Facebook once lent him a tie.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rumour is that Mark Warburton is still involved with the Basran deal. That could be a game changer - and possibly a manager changer.

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:Rumour is that Mark Warburton is still involved with the Basran deal. That could be a game changer - and possibly a manager changer.
Heard a rumour Mark Warburton was interested in buying Charlton.

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Can't be many ex bankers who have experience of top level football.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DEANO82 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Can't be many ex bankers who have experience of top level football.
Damn!
Meanwhile Iles reckons that the wages were paid today by the Whites hotel rather than the club. Hmmm....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 29 ... 52  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum