Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Club Future - Administration or bust?

+27
finlaymcdanger
okocha
Leeds_Trotter
Sluffy
wanderlust
Buellix
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
bryan458
rogercpc
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
Nigelbwfc
observer
maconman
rammywhite
Norpig
boltonbonce
DEANO82
Cajunboy
MartinBWFC
terenceanne
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
xmiles
karlypants
y2johnny
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 45 ... 52  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 52]

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
observer wrote:I gave him the benefit of the doubt until he blatantly lied about paying the salaries out of his pocket... and to find out that was not the truth.

I think it is widely accepted that he did pay the players February salaries out of his own funds.

I suspect he will end up paying the players March salaries as well.

Whether those funds should have been in the club in the first place though is a different matter!

I believe it was the December salaries that he professed came out of his pocket, but was disproved later.  He may very well have covered it later on, but his immediate statement of paying it out of his pocket proved false.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
Norpig wrote:Thanks Sluffy for your overly long reply as usual, but you just can't help yourself can you? Anyone who is anti KA and has a different opinion than you is irrational, a weirdo, an extremist and a loony?  Rolling Eyes

No one is going to be sued on here for voicing an opinion on Kenocchio so stop dressing it up as if you are doing us and the forum a great service. You just don't like people having a different opinion than you, which for someone who basically runs a forum is very worrying.

Do you go out of your way to deliberately misunderstand what I say?

I've never said anyone who is anti-Ken is a weirdo, etc - my point is simply to say that those that do are the NORM in this instance and thus the few that AREN'T are viewed as having 'extreme' views compared to most other people.  

It's what we as a society do - it's not a pro or anti Ken thing, we do it in respect of everything.

As for me not liking people having a different opinion than myself, then why is it that after all the years that Nuts as been going that the only person of note to ever have been banned was Bread for abuse and then only after countless opportunities to behave himself?
I give up Sluffy, you should be in politics you really should  Rolling Eyes

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Well Anderson's latest notes don't make good reading.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
so have the players been paid now? What happens in a couple of weeks when the next payment is due?
Is there anyone lined up to take us over? Has Bassini now vanished as well?
Lots of the usual it's not my fault Guv, it all happened before i came along but no real substance.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Jim White on TALKSHITE kicked his 10am slot off  with  good news for all BOLTON  fans, BAZA is in talks with Harvey from the EFL.. Promising takeover news later in the radio programme.

Never mentioned it again, not even at the end of the tripe he calls a show.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[size=1]More
[/size]
The number of people claiming Laurence Bassini has agreed a deal to buy Ken Anderson's shares in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] now hard to ignore. Might be time to don your hard hats...

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
Norpig wrote:Thanks Sluffy for your overly long reply as usual, but you just can't help yourself can you? Anyone who is anti KA and has a different opinion than you is irrational, a weirdo, an extremist and a loony?  Rolling Eyes

No one is going to be sued on here for voicing an opinion on Kenocchio so stop dressing it up as if you are doing us and the forum a great service. You just don't like people having a different opinion than you, which for someone who basically runs a forum is very worrying.

That's outrageous coming from the person who is crowing about this £231 million nonsense on multiple chat forums in the full knowledge that you compounded two different accounts filings at different points in time, one of which was before ED wrote off his debt in order to come up with the imaginary figure.
People are starting to think you have an agenda  :rofl:

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[ltr]@MarcIles[/ltr]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[size=1]More
[/size]
The number of people claiming Laurence Bassini has agreed a deal to buy Ken Anderson's shares in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] now hard to ignore. Might be time to don your hard hats...
Yup it's all kicking off on Twitter today, but I'm not sure if it's desperation for something to happen or something much more sinister. 
Anderson's press release was the usual self-vindication, but at least the players are back in training having been told a takeover is imminent. Again.
Bassini remains a major concern but it looks like all other options have gone bar liquidation or admin if someone will fund it.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

So have we figured out who was/is Howard?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

observer wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
observer wrote:I gave him the benefit of the doubt until he blatantly lied about paying the salaries out of his pocket... and to find out that was not the truth.

I think it is widely accepted that he did pay the players February salaries out of his own funds.

Whether those funds should have been in the club in the first place though is a different matter!

I believe it was the December salaries that he professed came out of his pocket, but was disproved later.  He may very well have covered it later on, but his immediate statement of paying it out of his pocket proved false.

Well according to what was said at the time he did indeed state he had reached an agreement with the players to pay out of his own pocket and reported that as such in his notes.

However the following day the players rescinded on the agreement (notified him accordingly) and decided to progress their grievance via their union the PFA.

The PFA stated they would pay the wages but when they did their checks on the club they found an old winding up petition outstanding (which apparently was just an admin error that somebody had forgotten to tick a box or something), to take it off the system to show that it already had been dealt with), so withdrew their offer until awaiting this to be confirmed as already being settled.

During this kerfuffle the Doidge saga had kicked off and the EFL stepped in and paid everyone (including the players wages) who was an outstanding football creditor at that time - with the large payment due to all the clubs in January.

So did Anderson actually lie when at the time when he said he was going to pay the wages, or was he telling the truth but was overtaken by events?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:So have we figured out who was/is Howard?
He claimed to be a PR guy for a potential buyer who had a particular interest in developing the land, but the deal was scuppered at the last minute by Bassini's appearance.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
observer wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Well according to what was said at the time he did indeed state he had reached an agreement with the players to pay out of his own pocket and reported that as such in his notes.

However the following day the players rescinded on the agreement (notified him accordingly) and decided to progress their grievance via their union the PFA.

The PFA stated they would pay the wages but when they did their checks on the club they found an old winding up petition outstanding (which apparently was just an admin error that somebody had forgotten to tick a box or something), to take it off the system to show that it already had been dealt with), so withdrew their offer until awaiting this to be confirmed as already being settled.

During this kerfuffle the Doidge saga had kicked off and the EFL stepped in and paid everyone (including the players wages) who was an outstanding football creditor at that time - with the large payment due to all the clubs in January.

So did Anderson actually lie when at the time when he said he was going to pay the wages, or was he telling the truth but was overtaken by events?

I don't believe that most of what is said by Ken is truthful... perhaps I did earlier on... but not today.  He said he had paid, not was going to pay. It is always he said, she said, but in this case, every tyre kicker had no funds.  The she said from the buyers perspective was Ken was always changing the bar for purchase or there were unsatisfied debts that appeared when they were attempting to make a purchase.  

Until the books are made public, it will be hard to assess anything.  Ken had a right to make a profit on the club.  But equally, the players and staff have a right to be paid on time.  The question remains what value the club has, and the next few days should solidify relegation and a clean-out of the personnel.  Will we face administration or liquidation?  Ken indicated today that he would take less money.  Are we jumping from the frying pan into the fire with another possible owner who has a shady past and has been barred for activities related to football?  

Is there a white knight lurking to pick up the club for peanuts and start again?  Howard - are you listening?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

That's outrageous coming from the person who is crowing about this £231 million nonsense on multiple chat forums in the full knowledge that you compounded two different accounts filings at different points in time, one of which was before ED wrote off his debt in order to come up with the imaginary figure.
People are starting to think you have an agenda  :rofl:

It's there in black and white on WanderersWays for everyone to see.

You said Anderson had inherited £45m in assets when he took over the club and the accounts clearly show we had £186m debts more than assets available at that time.

From  minus £186m to plus £45m is £231m is it not?

Crowing about it on multiple chat forums - you do make me laugh!

Please feel free to link us to ALL these multiple forums so we can ALL see them.

All this shit rather than simply holding your hand up and saying 'sorry, got that one wrong'.

How old are you 7 or 70 ffs?

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Deal agreed subject to approval

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Wanderers Football Club And Proud

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

Former Watford owner Laurence Bassini has announced he has agreed a deal to buy Bolton Wanderers.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Nothing positive from Ken yet again, just more whinging and blaming others.This will be dragging on at least to the court appearance in May when he will no doubt be given more time.

His "I'm the same as Eddie Davies me " act is delusional

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Deal agreed subject to approval
We've been there before with Bassini, when Ken wants more time to pay his bills.Bassini saying a deal is imminent buys more time to pay bills.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Subject to EFL approval, a new chapter begins....

Hoping it's not a new chapter of the same horror story.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Hoping it's not a new chapter of the same horror story.

Correct, I don't think anyone wants Sluffy v Wanderlust II.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Don't worry about it. The accounts will be published soon and then we'll see exactly how successful Anderson's tenure has been.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] so it will be interesting to see what the Total Assets less Total Liabilities look like when Bassini publishes the accounts when adjusted for his investment, whatever that is.

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Don't worry about it. The accounts will be published soon and then we'll see exactly how successful Anderson's tenure has been.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] so it will be interesting to see what the Total Assets less Total Liabilities look like when Bassini publishes the accounts when adjusted for his investment, whatever that is.
Don't forget the accounts are usually 18 months behind. So you won't really know the full Anderson affect until next season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 45 ... 52  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum