Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+16
gloswhite
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
Buellix
Hipster_Nebula
bryan458
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
Dunkels King
okocha
bwfc71
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
wanderlust
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 33  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 33]

271Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Mar 25 2019, 08:34

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

okocha wrote:Brexit negotiations - Page 15 54800205_10161552044590537_348887868560637952_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1

Laughing

272Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Mar 25 2019, 08:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Razz

273Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Mar 25 2019, 12:02

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:My point XM is that their electorate wanted a specific outcome, and they have interpreted that instruction in a way that does not reflect the original request. 
I don't believe for one second that those who voted for Leave "wanted a specific outcome" 
What a stupid comment. The specific outcome was to leave the EU. How can that be anything other than specific? 
We didn't vote for what deal we wanted, we voted to either stay in or come out. Seems pretty specific to me.
Specific like blokes voting to have a dick that reaches the ground? Happy to vote for it, not so happy when they were booked in for the operation to have their legs amputated.
I actually burst out laughing at this Wander. A good analogy.
(but you're still wrong)  Very Happy

274Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Mar 26 2019, 09:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Meanwhile the "leave the EU without a deal' petition has nearly reached half a million.
Make of that what you will.

So this pro-leave petition has floundered with less than 8% of those who voted to leave in the referendum reaffirming their desire to still leave.

Obviously government petitions only give a flavour of the feeling of the electorate for a variety of reasons including awareness, access to the internet and diffusion of responsibility. They certainly don't come anywhere near getting the level of participation of an election or referendum.
Which is why the "cancel article 50" petition is so surprising.
It's become the most popular petition to ever have been submitted on the UK Parliament's website - and historians say it is the biggest ever petition to parliament in history.

Ok it's only a petition, but I suspect it has influenced last night's vote. Even Heseltine has said that on the radio this morning that in the light of what's happened, a people's vote is the only way to sort it out.

275Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Mar 26 2019, 12:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Left wingers are always more likely to be drawn to this kind of thing. Marches, protests, strikes, petitions.

It really shows nothing apart from millions of people still want to remain.

276Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Mar 26 2019, 12:41

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:

It's become the most popular petition to ever have been submitted on the UK Parliament's website - and historians say it is the biggest ever petition to parliament in history.
Was the referendum not the biggest/most voted for ever?
There have been a lot of firsts in this process, no point picking on what seems to support your own way of thinking, we already know what you want  Very Happy

277Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Mar 26 2019, 12:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

No.

It is the biggest petition ever. I was talking about the nature of petitions not elections or referenda which are a completely different process.

The highest electoral turnout was in 1950 when 89.3% of registered voters turned out and Attlee whupped Churchill.

This is the highest ever petition signing.

278Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Mar 26 2019, 13:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

No.

It is the biggest petition ever. I was talking about the nature of petitions not elections or referenda which are a completely different process.

The highest electoral turnout was in 1950 when 89.3% of registered voters turned out and Attlee whupped Churchill.

The e-petition (which allowed vastly wider access for people to add their names to a petition than was previously possible), of which this is, as only been going for just over 12 years - so although it sounds good 'biggest ever' it has hardly got a lot to beat to get there.

279Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Mar 26 2019, 13:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

No.

The e-petition (which allowed vastly wider access for people to add their names to a petition than was previously possible), of which this is, as only been going for just over 12 years - so although it sounds good 'biggest ever' it has hardly got a lot to beat to get there.
How can you say that? It whupped "Nuts Funniest Poster".

280Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Mar 26 2019, 13:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

No.

How can you say that? It whupped "Nuts Funniest Poster".

Haven't a clue what you are blabbering about - does anyone else?

..dunno..

281Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Mar 27 2019, 08:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On a lighter note.

282Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Mar 28 2019, 14:06

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

283Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Mar 28 2019, 14:09

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Treacherous fuckers

284Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Mar 28 2019, 14:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Need to burn the bitch.

285Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Mar 28 2019, 14:54

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

The only politician i have ever had any respect for.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob6Wv_FPp7w

286Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Mar 28 2019, 15:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Need to burn the bitch.

Shocking post, if KP doesn't get a ban then this is my last post.

287Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Mar 28 2019, 18:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

What’s shocking about it?

She’s more shocking than my post to be fair Nat.

288Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Mar 28 2019, 21:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Burn the bitch"?

I absolutely guarantee that if wanderlust had written that he'd be getting a time out.

Do the right thing and ban yourself.

289Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Mar 28 2019, 21:19

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:"Burn the bitch"?

I absolutely guarantee that if wanderlust had written that he'd be getting a time out.

Do the right thing and ban yourself.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

290Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Mar 28 2019, 21:52

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

karlypants wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

What’s shocking about it?

She’s more shocking than my post to be fair Nat.
Yes she is a traitor .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 33]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum