Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Brexit negotiations

Brexit negotiations

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 22]

481Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Sat Apr 27 2019, 10:09

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:
@xmiles wrote:
@T.R.O.Y wrote:
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:Yes that would fund the universal basic income and AOCs green new deal.

Could the economic benefits of not increasing the global temperature offset the costs of having to affect such change? I think the general consensus is yes. I’d pay more in tax for a government to actually do something worth while about it, rather than sit on our hands and wait for it to go past the point of no return.

Hipster, like Adele, doesn't like paying tax though.

I feel I spent my money better than some idiot in Westminster. Libs tend to like the state doing absolutely everything for them though.. and that includes telling them what to think a lot of the time.

So how much of your budget do you allocate to the NHS, the emergency services, road maintenance and the armed services or do you just expect everyone else to pay for these?

482Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Sat Apr 27 2019, 10:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I can barely drive on Scottish streets because of the state theyre in my local NHS board has brought in administrators because the chief exec (on over 100k a year) overspent by millions and was bailed out by the Scottish government.

I'm not advocating for no tax, Im saying when tax is ballooned we will continue to see the total mismanagement and waste of public funds we see now.. just at a vastly higher rate. When will people realise that politicians are not fit for purpose.

483Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Sat Apr 27 2019, 10:29

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Low taxes and privatisation are causing far more problems than they are solving. If you hand education, health services, etc over to private companies they have zero interest in providing decent services. They are only interested in maximising their profits and dividends.

484Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Sat Apr 27 2019, 10:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We have the highest taxes in the UK here and the country is a mess.

485Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Mon May 06 2019, 22:09

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
And this is what they are being wasted on:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48181004

486Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Mon May 06 2019, 22:20

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
@xmiles wrote: If you hand education, health services, etc over to private companies they have zero interest in providing decent services. They are only interested in maximising their profits and dividends.
Agree wholeheartedly with this. I've seen on quite a big scale, how contractors work. Apart from providing a very expensive, piss poor performance, their first objective seems to be, 'get another contractor in' (from the same company). Eventually, contractors are in many key posts, and its almost impossible to operate without them, and the price goes up, and up.

487Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Mon May 06 2019, 22:22

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@gloswhite wrote:
@xmiles wrote: If you hand education, health services, etc over to private companies they have zero interest in providing decent services. They are only interested in maximising their profits and dividends.
Agree wholeheartedly with this. I've seen on quite a big scale, how contractors work. Apart from providing a very expensive, piss poor performance, their first objective seems to be, 'get another contractor in' (from the same company). Eventually, contractors are in many key posts, and its almost impossible to operate without them, and the price goes up, and up.

There are some things we agree about! Very Happy

488Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Mon May 06 2019, 22:24

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Sshhh ! People are listening  Laughing

489Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue May 07 2019, 17:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I see that Liz Truss has dressed like somebody has been sick all over her.

490Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Tue May 07 2019, 18:02

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
No change there then

491Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu May 09 2019, 17:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

492Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu May 09 2019, 18:09

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:No change there then
Very Happy

493Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu May 16 2019, 10:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

494Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu May 16 2019, 12:27

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
A very disturbing analogy indeed. Look at the threats of violence that have been made if we don't leave the EU.

495Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu May 16 2019, 13:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Look at the threats that have been made if we do.

496Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu May 16 2019, 14:02

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:Look at the threats that have been made if we do.

What threats of violence?

497Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu May 16 2019, 16:57

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@xmiles wrote:

The Irish border?

498Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu May 16 2019, 17:56

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:
@xmiles wrote:

The Irish border?

Hardly on a par with the death threats some MPs have received and other threats of violence from the far right. There have been no threats of violence from remain supporters, all threats of violence have come from brexit fans.

499Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu May 16 2019, 19:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@xmiles wrote:
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:
@xmiles wrote:

The Irish border?

Hardly on a par with the death threats some MPs have received and other threats of violence from the far right. There have been no threats of violence from remain supporters, all threats of violence have come from brexit fans.

That's quite obviously a lie. I just told you one.

500Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu May 16 2019, 19:40

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:
@xmiles wrote:
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:
@xmiles wrote:

The Irish border?

That's quite obviously a lie. I just told you one.

When have remainers threatened leavers with violence?

501Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu May 16 2019, 19:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Smarts16
Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Smarts17
Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Smarts18

502Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu May 16 2019, 20:37

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
You appear to be confusing abuse with death threats. They are not the same thing.

However to terminate this I am more than happy to rephrase what I originally said as: there have been hardly any threats of violence from remain supporters, most threats of violence have come from brexit fans.

503Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu May 16 2019, 20:52

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
It happens on both sides let’s face it, particularly on Twitter.

It’s the people leading the right that are really dangerous. Farage has made a career out of whipping up racial tensions, legitimising prejudice based on lies and spin for political gain.

People have forgotten or don’t realise how dangerous the divides he thrives in can be.

So called ‘reasonable’ people end up supporting the man, as he’s a ‘straight talking man of the people’ when his policies at anything but.

It’s worrying, and the sooner he’s exposed as the fraud he is the better.

504Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu May 16 2019, 21:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

505Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu May 16 2019, 21:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@xmiles wrote:You appear to be confusing abuse with death threats. They are not the same thing.

However to terminate this I am more than happy to rephrase what I originally said as: there have been hardly any threats of violence from remain supporters, most threats of violence have come from brexit fans.

Completely unquantifiable but if it helps you sleep at night.

506Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Thu May 16 2019, 22:42

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

507Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri May 17 2019, 09:40

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
XM, serious question. Have you noticed the drift towards the assumption that when May goes the talks will go ahead, and there is now no longer any talk of staying in the EU ? Seems to me that the politicians are expecting a walloping in the vote next week, and are already making plans to get on with the completion of Brexit. Do yo see it this way?

508Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri May 17 2019, 10:38

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Honestly glos I have no idea what is going to happen

I can't see May getting her deal through parliament at the fourth attempt so she stands down but as I understand it she will keep acting as prime minister until the Tories elect a new leader. This will take weeks or possibly even longer. In the meantime there is apparently no parliamentary majority for any course of action.

The completely pointless cross party talks have achieved nothing apart from wasting more time and are about to be abandoned.

I know you would like MPs to get on with "completing brexit" but May's deal is unacceptable to most MPs and a no deal brexit is even more unacceptable so I don't see how this will happen. A second referendum might help but at the moment there is no parliamentary majority for this either.

There is a good summary of what could happen next on the BBC site below but your guess is as good as mine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46393399

509Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri May 17 2019, 11:01

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
The Brexit party:

Have a look at their official website: https://thebrexitparty.org/

In there, all you can see is how to pay them money, buy tickets to see Farage, volunteer to help for free - but NOWHERE can you see how you can be a member of The Brexit Party. You have absolutely no say in how they run things now and you will have even less say in how they will run things in the future. In fact, the Brexit Party is just a limited company with only ONE beneficiary:

Furthermore, Farage refuses to reveal the people funding his campaign, acting remarkably like a drug dealer who won’t explain how he financed his new Bentley. https://www.indy100.com/article/nigel-farage-brexit-party-donation-funding-bannon-banks-8891131

Yet Nigel Farage has always claimed in Bruxelles to ‘fight’ for the application of Democratic values and stand up for the United Kingdom. Therefore it is curious that he refuses to publish his manifesto until after the EU elections. That is about the same as demanding a bank provide a huge loan before giving a reason for the loan. https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/brexit-party-has-no-policies-1-6011379

Farage does not even bother to tell people what they are voting for: https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2019/05/09/the-brexit-party-is-a-post-politics-entity

Is this democratic? It seems much more sleazy than democratic if you can be perfectly honest about it. And if you’re still not sure, here is a recent account by a Chester resident of a Brexit Party event in his town: https://thechesterblog.com/2019/05/08/the-brexit-party-incident/

510Brexit negotiations - Page 17 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations on Fri May 17 2019, 11:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm voting for the Brexit Party just to piss you off.

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum