Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+16
gloswhite
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
Buellix
Hipster_Nebula
bryan458
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
Dunkels King
okocha
bwfc71
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
wanderlust
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 33]

621brexit - Brexit negotiations - Page 32 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Oct 01 2019, 18:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Won't bother me. Go veggie, it's the future.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49890034
 I'll stick to red meat thanks  Very Happy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-49877237
Heard the professor behind this research on the radio and when asked if the figures relating to cancer and coronary disease were untrue he basically said there is undoubtedly a link but the evidence to prove that eating red meat actually caused these conditions is questionable.
Just like you can't prove that eating six buckets of lard a day makes you fat.

622brexit - Brexit negotiations - Page 32 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 02 2019, 08:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll take my chances lusty, i'm a meat eater and could never be a veggie. Just had a massive delivery of meat from Barrons of Beef in Bolton as well so it's meat overload in our house.

623brexit - Brexit negotiations - Page 32 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 02 2019, 21:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boris talks it up as bold and brave in public, sells out in private.

624brexit - Brexit negotiations - Page 32 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 02 2019, 22:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I'll take my chances lusty, i'm a meat eater and could never be a veggie. Just had a massive delivery of meat from Barrons of Beef in Bolton as well so it's meat overload in our house.
Weren't Barrons in trouble a couple of years ago? Can't remember the full story, but I don't think it was serious.

625brexit - Brexit negotiations - Page 32 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 02 2019, 22:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Norpig wrote:I'll take my chances lusty, i'm a meat eater and could never be a veggie. Just had a massive delivery of meat from Barrons of Beef in Bolton as well so it's meat overload in our house.
Weren't Barrons in trouble a couple of years ago? Can't remember the full story, but I don't think it was serious.

Are you thinking of this?

626brexit - Brexit negotiations - Page 32 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 02 2019, 22:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

That's it KP. Didn't remember it being anything serious.

627brexit - Brexit negotiations - Page 32 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 03 2019, 08:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

....so it wasn't the "73 dead and 436 critical in Barrons Bolton Beef Ebola scandal" story then? Presumably that was a different Barrons. Smile

628brexit - Brexit negotiations - Page 32 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 03 2019, 08:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

They do a massive amount of business through facebook now and we can get deliveries from them even in Manchester. Well worth a look if you love your meat  Very Happy

629brexit - Brexit negotiations - Page 32 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 03 2019, 10:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

brexit - Brexit negotiations - Page 32 I-dont-eat-anything-that-shits-funny-vegan-quote-cards

630brexit - Brexit negotiations - Page 32 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Oct 04 2019, 01:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Meanwhile whilst the British media are still pretending that Boris is actually trying to get a deal to save the UK rather than not caring about anything other than becoming known as the man who delivered "the people's will" ( :rofl: ) the foreign press are underwhelmed.

631brexit - Brexit negotiations - Page 32 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Oct 04 2019, 07:55

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Quite aside from all Boris' lies and denials, the hysteria and acrimony whipped up by many of our newspapers to cause division and hatred has been truly depressing. Hard to believe that the Telegraph would join the usal despicable tabloid suspects like the Express and the Mail. Did the Leveson Report's recommendations go totally unheeded?
To threaten the Good Friday Agreement as Boris and some of the press seem happy to do is a nothing less than an unforgiveable sin. Attacking the judiciary is disastrous.
Following Trump's example of governance will end badly, as is clearly evident now, when reality bites and the people finally begin to wake up.

632brexit - Brexit negotiations - Page 32 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Oct 04 2019, 08:23

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

brexit - Brexit negotiations - Page 32 Slide_2

633brexit - Brexit negotiations - Page 32 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Oct 05 2019, 23:17

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Another example of how meaningless the so called "special relationship" is:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-49945461

Any trade deal struck with the USA will be to their benefit not ours.

634brexit - Brexit negotiations - Page 32 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Oct 07 2019, 08:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Read this morning that the fuckwit BoJo is now threatening to not leave Downing St even if he was no longer PM until Brexit is done. He has seriously lost the plot, must be all that shagging any blonde within a 5 mile radius. Its addled his brain.

635brexit - Brexit negotiations - Page 32 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Oct 07 2019, 10:18

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Norpig wrote:Read this morning that the fuckwit BoJo is now threatening to not leave Downing St even if he was no longer PM until Brexit is done. He has seriously lost the plot, must be all that shagging any blonde within a 5 mile radius. Its addled his brain.
Don't knock it until you've tried it Mr Pig ! 
Its why I bought a pedal bike, then found I was too knackered to do anything when I got there  Very Happy

636brexit - Brexit negotiations - Page 32 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Oct 08 2019, 23:11

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

brexit - Brexit negotiations - Page 32 GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATYwMAItODc0Zi1iMDk1LTAwAi0wMAoARgAAA5DmPtLwnUtPjqT0%2BWBpCKsHAAXOZEdA065Nm4RS010myPoAAAIBDAAAAAXOZEdA065Nm4RS010myPoAA7g9%2BOwAAAABEgAQAIu1mWGJMvpFr6DfsOywODk%3D&thumbnailType=2&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=2019093004.10&isc=1&X-OWA-CANARY=xio7F8O_3kOw4HhBu2QnmiBbWVM7TNcYoDD98bbHohbOEA_zsCK6hAl8PKyTj9EnST0oE2_blW8.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjA2MDBGOUY2NzQ2MjA3MzdFNzM0MDRFMjg3QzQ1QTgxOENCN0NFQjgiLCJ4NXQiOiJCZ0Q1OW5SaUJ6Zm5OQVRpaDhSYWdZeTN6cmciLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.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

637brexit - Brexit negotiations - Page 32 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Oct 14 2019, 13:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's gone very quiet on here at a time when our nation's strength and our children's future lies in the balance so I thought I'd write a few words to express my opinion - and please note that this is my opinion and nothing more.
Whilst Twatter has been going berserk over the latest proposals from Boris's masters to take us out of Europe under any circumstances, it's starting to look as if industry is finally accepting what "Project Fear" has been saying all along and have grown the balls to stick their collective heads above the parapet - albeit three years too late. This letter is possibly the first time that Industry bodies have been prepared to express anything approaching a firm opinion and although they only directly employ just over a million people, their supply chains and businesses that depend on them employ a further 5 million which is a helluva number of jobs at risk. 
To some extent I'm not surprised that they haven't spoken out before as they represent both leavers and remainers so their hands are tied (as pointed out by the chair of the transport sector in a recent radio interview) but it's clear that some sectors that will be badly affected recognise that they have to say something now that there is no prospect of any type of deal that won't plummet the country into long-term crisis that we are unlikely to recover from. 
Interestingly, transport - one of the sectors that is likely to suffer most immediately - didn't put their names to this and other notable absentees include the scientific sector, the NHS and agriculture who will also be f****d if we leave the EU. That said, they've publicly come out independently with some mealy mouthed wording along the lines of "whilst we represent folk on both sides of the argument so can't officially comment do have "deep concerns" and "expect leaving the EU to have a very negative impact on our sector" - which is probably as far as they could go without winding up a section their businesses and employees. But at least they've had the balls to remind people of the massive problems ahead - which comes across as "we're going to get battered but I can't say it in case it upsets someone." Millions more jobs at risk.

So who wins if we do leave the EU and the economy crashes?

The most obvious winners are the hedge funds - the likes of Mercer/Bannan who funded the Leave EU campaign as they will make billions from betting against UKPLC. I'm reminded of George Soros who made a £billion overnight in 1992 by shorting the British pound and became known as "the man who broke the Bank of England" - and sent us into a long decline - although obviously leaving the EU will have a far deeper and longer lasting impact as it will cripple our industries and cost millions of jobs making a recovery far less likely.
Who else? Rupert Murdoch will get his revenge on the EU and his thirty year propaganda campaign will finally pay off. He knows he already controls the British Government who have waived through licence application after licence application to expand his empire. Even as recently as last month he used his ex son-in-law to tell Boris what to do. The EU has staunchly rejected his plans to further expand his empire over there and he openly says how much he hates them - so I guess that's a sort of win.
The so-called "European Research Group" aka the majority of the Cabinet, who all have foreign interests, will be unaffected financially and will be well looked after by the foreign billionaires who fund and perhaps control them. I include Boris in this - and he personally gets the fame he has always craved and will have future influence with the super rich.
The Russians. Whilst details of their role in the Leave EU campaign (and Trump's election) are only coming to light slowly, it's already clear there was collusion and destabilising the West in order to increase their relative power in the Middle East and the third world has been a long-stated long-term goal.

One "winner" that stands out is Dominic Cummings, but unless he's been promised a wedge of cash, the only thing he is likely to gain is a a job for life strategising other Government takeovers for the super rich. Ironic really since he masterminded the leave campaign - and is still doing so via his media targeting - and probably did more than anyone to bring about the current crisis. If he has been promised a wedge of cash I presume he hasn't arranged for it to be paid in pounds sterling.

It's an unholy and unlikely alliance - foreign billionaires, puppet politicians, media moguls and hedge funders but they all have one thing in common - a desire for the UK to split from our allies in the EU.
And between them they have the resources (notably media control, web hacking and vast amounts of money) to make it happen.

As a nation, we might be imperfect on many levels but we do enjoy the cheapest food in Europe, ready supplies of medicines, free trading with our partners, political stability, international security, high employment and a reasonable standard of public services and I only hope that those who value the British way of life and those who made it happen for us i.e. the British Parliament, the British Legal system, British Industry as a whole, the EU themselves and those British people not taken in by this co-ordinated attack on our country can stop it in it's tracks before it's too late. 

That's my opinion. And my hope.

638brexit - Brexit negotiations - Page 32 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 16 2019, 01:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry guys but I had to post this.
Funny how 14% voted to leave but remain in the single market and the customs union. Stats can be interpreted either way. Perhaps they should have asked a different question e.g. leave the single market and customs union or remain and therefore reflect what the real options are?

639brexit - Brexit negotiations - Page 32 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 16 2019, 10:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is no doubt in my mind that if another vote were taken, the result would be to remain. Just my opinion, but we're now on the train, and it's speeding toward the buffers.

640brexit - Brexit negotiations - Page 32 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 16 2019, 10:30

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:There is no doubt in my mind that if another vote were taken, the result would be to remain. Just my opinion, but we're now on the train, and it's speeding toward the buffers.

:agree:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 33]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum