Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Parkinson Thought - Sheffield Weds

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers were defeated by Sheffield Wednesday on Tuesday evening, with goals from Steven Fletcher and Rolando Aarons securing three points for the Owls in this Sky Bet Championship clash.

When talking to bwfc.co.uk after the game, manager Phil Parkinson covered the following topics…

On his assessment of the game…

“I thought it was a very tight game and one quality moment in the first half came from them.

“The goal gave them a huge lift and we found it difficult to respond.

“They were extremely difficult conditions to play football in and a couple of moments of quality came from them and they decided a tight game.”

On edging the first half…

“There was nothing in it for the majority of the first period.

“It is such a shame that when you come off the back of a tough game on the weekend, the first goal in today’s game becomes that much more crucial.”

On the difference in the two halves…

“I think we were lacking that quality and they showed that when they get that goal before half time, it gave them a severe lift.

“We saw that tonight and we need to regroup now and look forward to Wigan and make it six points from nine.”

On showing a bit more ruthlessness in front of goal…

“Well I think if you look to the Millwall game, two moments of quality from Pawel and Gaz produced moments to really lift us in that tie.

“Like we’ve said, they’ve got good players and are a team that were in the play-offs not so long ago and they showed what they are made of tonight.”

On moving on from this match and focusing on Wigan Athletic…

“That’s got to be the aim now, to get six points in seven days.

“We have a few days to rest now and after Wigan, an international break – meaning we can’t leave anything out on the pitch and at the weekend.

“We have to go there believing we can win.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum