Players strike

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Players strike Empty Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 16:52

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
The players have gone on a 48 hour strike as they haven't been paid yet again.
Can't say that I blame them.

2Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 17:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bolton Wanderers' players have gone on strike, refusing to report for training in protest at the latest unpaid wage run.

The club's playing squad have informed the club they will not return to training until they, their coaches and the non-football staff at the stadium and Whites Hotel have been paid their salaries for March, which were due last Friday.

The move is thought to be a show of solidarity with the staff members at the lower end of the wage scale, who are expected to continue their jobs while uncertainty surrounds their positions and the future of the club.

Phil Parkinson's squad are also said to be unhappy with a lack of information being passed to them with regard to the much-anticipated takeover of the club and the impending court case, with Wanderers facing a winding-up order over an unpaid HMRC tax bill.

That case was adjourned on March 20 and is to be heard at the High Court on Wednesday.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 17:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Not really a problem as we are not playing till Sat.

4Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 17:51

Leeds_Trotter

Leeds_Trotter
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
While I appreciate that staff not being paid is disgusting, what about us fans, no thought for us? Potentially biggest game of our season coming up and they don't want to turn in and show fight? Without the fans there's no job for anyone. Appalling by everyone concerned in my opinion. A strike won't change a thing.

5Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 17:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
They've been on strike all season

6Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 18:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:They've been on strike all season
Exactly!

7Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 18:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Nice to see you back on Nuts LT! Smile

8Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 18:41

Leeds_Trotter

Leeds_Trotter
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Nice to see you back on Nuts LT! Smile
Cheers, pretty sick of the morons on Twitter. Nice to chat with some intelligent people for a change.  Laughing

9Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 18:56

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Nice to see you back on Nuts LT! Smile
Cheers, pretty sick of the morons on Twitter. Nice to chat with some intelligent people for a change.  Laughing

Oh? Which site is that then, LT?   Shocked

10Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 19:12

Leeds_Trotter

Leeds_Trotter
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Cheers, pretty sick of the morons on Twitter. Nice to chat with some intelligent people for a change.  Laughing
Very Happy Very Happy

11Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 19:16

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He must be talking about me!!

12Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 19:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Embarrassing.

You make him a mod and he fucks off for 12 months.

Grow a pair and fuck him off.

13Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 19:33

Leeds_Trotter

Leeds_Trotter
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Embarrassing.

I went travelling around the world Nat. You missed me?

14Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 20:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Embarrassing.

Nat, who is that in your avi?

She’s got lovely lips that would go nicely around my...

15Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 21:07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Good to see you back LT. Nothing much has changed on here, (unfortunately) Very Happy

16Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 21:24

Leeds_Trotter

Leeds_Trotter
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Good to see you back LT. Nothing much has changed on here, (unfortunately) Very Happy
Cheers Glos, good to be back. Hopefully we have another great eacape on our hands.

17Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 21:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I went travelling around the world Nat.

Thailand?

18Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 21:33

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Last month the council wouldn't give Ken a licence to host the Millwall match if he didn't pay the police bill and the staff wages, he paid the wages the day after this ultimatum.I would think the same will happen

19Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 21:39

Leeds_Trotter

Leeds_Trotter
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I went travelling around the world Nat.

Thailand?
All over.

20Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 21:40

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Good to see you back LT. Nothing much has changed on here, (unfortunately) Very Happy
Cheers Glos, good to be back. Hopefully we have another great eacape on our hands.
The only great escape we're likely to see is Ken getting away without getting thumped

21Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 22:01

y2johnny

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:While I appreciate that staff not being paid is disgusting, what about us fans, no thought for us? Potentially biggest game of our season coming up and they don't want to turn in and show fight? Without the fans there's no job for anyone. Appalling by everyone concerned in my opinion. A strike won't change a thing.
My thoughts are with the families who have kid and this might be there only household income. 

If the players strike brings this to light then thats good.

These people could have direct debits and bills bouncing left right and centre making them even worse off.

Fans won't be financially worse off or even worse due to inept owners and brinkmanship

22Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 22:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:While I appreciate that staff not being paid is disgusting, what about us fans, no thought for us? Potentially biggest game of our season coming up and they don't want to turn in and show fight? Without the fans there's no job for anyone. Appalling by everyone concerned in my opinion. A strike won't change a thing.
My thoughts are with the families who have kid and this might be there only household income. 

These people could have direct debits and bills bouncing left right and centre making them even worse off.

Fans won't be financially worse off or even worse due to inept owners and brinkmanship
Good post Johnny. I would hope that the normal staff would be able to claim the fees back from the club once they finally get paid for the bounced DD!

23Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 22:17

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bang on.

24Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 22:26

Leeds_Trotter

Leeds_Trotter
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
The strike won't make Ken issue the payments so in my eyes the strike won't achieve anything.

25Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 22:36

y2johnny

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
But it highlights the absolute shit show going on at the club and will force people to do something. If the players hadnt gone on strike today the news and coverage on the players and staff not being paid would of been no where near as much.  There's more to life than football. And they are fucking with people lives and the players are helping to highlight that. 

To say 99% of the fans are behind the players show this. Anyone who thinks otherwise in my opinion is selfish

26Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 22:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If it forces Kenocchio to come out from under his stone again and do the right thing and sell the club then crack on lads. It isn't fair on the non playing staff at the club who probably don't get paid that much.

27Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Mon Apr 01 2019, 22:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The strike won't make Ken issue the payments so in my eyes the strike won't achieve anything.

Strikes never do.

28Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Tue Apr 02 2019, 13:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Is is a 48 hour strike? The latest article on BN website seems to suggest they won't come back until wages have been paid. This must surely put the game on Saturday at even more risk of not happening than the Millwall game.

29Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Tue Apr 02 2019, 13:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've heard it's indefinite.

30Players strike Empty Re: Players strike on Tue Apr 02 2019, 13:21

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Indefinite ?  Will we notice the difference I wonder ?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum