Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+23
rammywhite
Nigelbwfc
luckyPeterpiper
okocha
Bollotom2014
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
finlaymcdanger
MartinBWFC
Cajunboy
observer
Growler
gloswhite
bryan458
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
karlypants
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
boltonbonce
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

31Ken Anderson - update. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Mar 14 2019, 00:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
Whatever happens, I wish him well for the future, because without him, we simply wouldn't have survived.
Yes we would have.
Not to labour a point, but there were a few instances where it was only his intervention that ensured we came out the other side. I agree that his tactics weren't always very nice, and as a result the club was shown in a very bad light, but without him, we would have definitely disappeared from view.
I just believe he deserves some credit, (£5 million springs to mind  Smile)
The point I've laboured is that we don't know whether or not he deserves any credit until the facts come out and we see the accounts. We may have been better off if he hadn't arrived.

32Ken Anderson - update. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Mar 14 2019, 20:35

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

How could we have been better off if he hadn't arrived, when we would have gone under, possibly permanently ?  I agree we need to be able to judge his performance when the final story comes to light. However, at least we are still here, and in a position to do so.

33Ken Anderson - update. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Mar 14 2019, 21:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

gloswhite wrote:How could we have been better off if he hadn't arrived, when we would have gone under, possibly permanently ?  I agree we need to be able to judge his performance when the final story comes to light. However, at least we are still here, and in a position to do so.

Save your breath Glos, Wanderlust lives in a different world to the likes of you and me.

If Germany had won the second World War, we'd all be speaking German now, but they didn't and we aren't.

Maybe things would have been different if he (Anderson) hadn't arrived but equally we might well have been liquidated on the day - nobody can say with any certainty BECAUSE IT DIDN'T HAPPEN that way.

What point is there trying to reason with him and his billion posts against Anderson because things haven't happened the way he wanted them too.  We are here in the position we find ourselves in now because it simply happened the way it has.  

That's the reality of life, the fact of the matter.

No amount of moaning, bitching or abuse from him about Anderson is ever going to turn the clock back and make things work out differently than they have but he can't seem to accept that.

Best keep away and leave him to it I suggest.

34Ken Anderson - update. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Mar 15 2019, 07:26

Could level the same at you Sluffy, so many words talking Anderson up yet at the end of the day he’s dragged the club through the mud.

35Ken Anderson - update. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Mar 15 2019, 13:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Could level the same at you Sluffy, so many words talking Anderson up yet at the end of the day he’s dragged the club through the mud.

Please feel free to link me to where I've talked Anderson 'up'.

I've consistently been neutral on Anderson, neither being pro or anti him.

I have however tried to give reasoned comment based on waiting to hear both sides of the story rather than pre judging him and joining the lynch mob at every opportunity along the way.

36Ken Anderson - update. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Mar 15 2019, 17:28

You said he has balls of steel the other day.

37Ken Anderson - update. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Mar 15 2019, 23:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:You said he has balls of steel the other day.

I think that is a general consensus of many, certainly not just my opinion.

For instance BluMarble were seeking over £8 million repayment from Holdsworth (SSBWFC) and Anderson ended up settling for just short of £5 million.

Whether you like his methods or not, that took quite a bit of brass from him to pull that off.

38Ken Anderson - update. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Mar 16 2019, 00:00

If Iles describes Holdsworth as having ‘balls of steel’, I wonder how you’d have reacted.

39Ken Anderson - update. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Mar 16 2019, 00:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:If Iles describes Holdsworth as having ‘balls of steel’, I wonder how you’d have reacted.

I'd wonder what reason he'd had to say that?

Has Holdsworth negotiated a £3 million pounds discount off a creditor?

If so I'd probably agree with him?

Wouldn't you?

40Ken Anderson - update. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Mar 16 2019, 08:16

I think you’d claim offence at the lack of impartiality - you know, what you always do when Iles has annopinion.

41Ken Anderson - update. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Mar 25 2019, 15:25

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Following on from my previous notes, I thought it would be pertinent to give you all on update on the current situation at the club.

Talks are still ongoing with prospective buyers and, as matters currently stand, despite recent media speculation we do not foresee any need to appoint an administrator before the high court hearing on April 3.

As has been reported, Thursday 28 March is the cut-off date by which clubs would get deducted 12 points this season if they were to go into administration.

We are all still confident that we can resolve the current financial issues and also retain our Championship status.

The Club has earlier communicated that season ticket holders who bought their tickets on direct debit, will have their delayed March payment deducted on Friday 29 March. April's direct debits will be collected as usual next week. Once again, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused some of you.

I ask that you continue to support the club and get behind the players for each and every game that remains in the campaign.
After this weekend’s international break, we return to action with a trip down to Queen’s Park Rangers. The break came at a good time for the players to refresh and recharge and I’m certain they will go to Loftus Road looking to get a positive result.
Ken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not saying too much.

42Ken Anderson - update. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Mar 25 2019, 15:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not saying too much.
Apart from he doesn't anticipate going into admin before the deadline which means it's now sell or bust.

No mention of shirts anywhere though.  Very Happy

43Ken Anderson - update. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Mar 25 2019, 15:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

so now i'll have 2 DD payments come out in the same month! Great work Kenocchio.

44Ken Anderson - update. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Mar 25 2019, 18:57

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:so now i'll have 2 DD payments come out in the same month! Great work Kenocchio.
Worth every penny though eh, Norpig?

45Ken Anderson - update. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Mar 25 2019, 21:04

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

finlaymcdanger wrote:
Norpig wrote:so now i'll have 2 DD payments come out in the same month! Great work Kenocchio.
:rofl:

46Ken Anderson - update. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Mar 25 2019, 22:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Interesting article by Kevin Maguire (big anti-Anderson critic up to now).

A lot of interesting stuff in there but it is worth noting that by and large football clubs run at a yearly loss and the players wages cost more then the total clubs income.

If Anderson wasn't here to piss his own money away then is it any wonder why he's had to rob Peter to pay Paul for as long as he has, to get us even this far?

Also another interesting point is that Davies jacked in underwriting the clubs debts because of criticism from those clearly ill-informed of how much of his own money he was putting into the club before he sold it to Holdsworth (and on the QT even afterwards!).

47Ken Anderson - update. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Mar 25 2019, 22:08

It’s never been a secret that running a Championship club is not profitable. Anderson knew that when he got involved, his lack of financial backing makes the decision to get stuck into a football club even more baffling.

48Ken Anderson - update. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Mar 25 2019, 22:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
They should be paying me to watch the shite i've had to put up with this season.

49Ken Anderson - update. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Apr 02 2019, 13:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The result on Saturday was thoroughly deserved and long overdue, particularly after the result two weeks earlier at Wigan, and gave us a far better opportunity of retaining our Championship status.
Generally speaking, the other results of the teams around us were also a bonus. As I keep saying, where there’s life, there’s hope.
There are still seven games to go and a great deal can change in that time, and I still believe it could go right to the last game as it did last season.

There has been a great deal of speculation over the last few weeks about the identity of the purchasers of my shares, a great deal of which is pure unfounded speculation, likewise on the price of my shares.
For the record, I have accepted an offer of less than what I paid, so I am not holding out for a big profit as is continuously and incorrectly bandied around in the media and on social media.
Unfortunately, there are several local individuals who are making themselves very busy talking to the media and anyone else who will listen, purporting to be buying the club.
I can categorically state that most of the names being mentioned on social media are people who might have expressed an interest, but have never been able to provide documentary evidence that they have the liquid cash funds.
Maybe, they are just waiting to say: “l offered to buy it”. I really don’t know, but l do wish they wouldn’t waste our time.
Indeed, one of the so called eligible buyers has been telling us he has the funds for over two years now without once showing acceptable proof of the funds.
For the record, talks are ongoing with buyers and whilst completion is taking longer than anticipated, for legal reasons, I am still unable to identify the buyers or the price they are paying.
The parties involved have assured me and their advisors that they are in a position that will enable completion to take place shortly.

Obviously, the players’ decision to go on strike is very disappointing and once again, I would reiterate that in my three years at the club, the staff have only been paid late once and yesterday was only the second time.
Likewise, the players have also only been paid late three times. The reality is that they have always been paid.
We are not the only club to have paid players late and there are many precedents of this happening.
Indeed, I was told yesterday that at least at one club, the players were buying their own food and doing their own laundry for many weeks, but to the best of my knowledge, none of the players at those clubs went on strike and let’s remember, yesterday was only April 1st, so it is not as if it is weeks late, is it?
However, I accept that two wrongs don’t make a right and everyone should be paid on time.

I have read that the players and management staff have said that being paid late does not actually motivate them to go out and perform on the pitch.
That is fully understandable, but perhaps they could also explain why the results up to Christmas were not exactly impressive either?

That all said, l have to apologise to all the non-playing staff for the delay in paying their salaries and whilst there are sufficient funds in the club bank accounts to pay them, it is not currently possible until after April 3 for legal reasons and l sincerely apologise to everyone unreservedly for this and would again request their continued patience during these difficult times .
Fortunately, they did not choose to go on strike and their loyalty to the club cannot be questioned, unlike the players’ decision, which unfortunately has a negative rather than a positive logic behind it.
I am not quite sure what the players think striking will achieve.

In the meantime, I will continue to do my upmost to try and find a solvent solution, as l have done over the last few months when l have funded the staff and players’ salary payments to the tune of over £1.5 million, even if it appears that a number of people would prefer the club to go into administration with the consequent points deduction and some staff and suppliers not getting paid in full.

Finally, I hope that the players will reconsider their actions and return to training, not for me, but for the sake of the loyal supporters and other staff who have got behind them through thick and thin, irrespective of the results on the pitch.
Regards,
Ken

50Ken Anderson - update. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Apr 02 2019, 13:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the latest musings from a madman. Diplomacy is not his strong point is it?  Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum