Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton assistant Steve Parkin on club's plans to blood youth

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers won’t be throwing their young players in en-mass despite having nothing left to play for this season.

Steve Parkin has explained the thought behind team selection against Blackburn Rovers and Aston Villa, where with relegation already confirmed there were not the wholesale changes in personnel that many had predicted.

Youngsters Harry Brockbank and Joe Muscat were handed a debut and another academy graduate, Roman Darcy, was taken to Ewood Park with the first team for experience.

But while many fans yearn for more drastic action, Parkin insists it could be damaging to younger players’ careers if they are not treated carefully.

“You have to do it in ones and two – they need the experience of older heads around them,” he told The Bolton News.

“It is a tough league. You are playing against good, good players. You look at Blackburn Rovers and the players they have managed to bring in.

“It is great to blood the younger players in this sort of situation and it’s great experience for them but it has to be done sensibly and we have to look after them.

“You can’t ruin their confidence, that’s the key thing.”

Parkin has called on players to maintain a professional attitude in the final home game of the season against Brentford on Saturday.

A point against the Bees would ensure they do not finish bottom the table and the assistant boss feels it is important to bow out the right way in front of the supporters.

“We know it has been a tough old season but we have to try and keep some focus and prepare for the game properly,” he said. “We need to make sure we do our job as well as we possibly can to the end of the season.”

It is understood that the players and coaching staff will remain on the pitch after the final whistle against Brentford to say thanks for fans’ support over the course of the season.

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:It is understood that the players and coaching staff will remain on the pitch after the final whistle against Brentford to say thanks for fans’ support over the course of the season.

I've just ordered 3 boxes of tomatoes from Asda.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope they're organic.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I won't be staying to applaud them after the game, useless twats.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I can't even be arsed going to the game let alone stay behind to applaud the useless gits after the final whistle. Anyone who wants the use of 2 free season tickets let me know and you can have them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum