Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton forced to postpone Championship clash after player strike

+2
Jack Russell
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers' game against Brentford has been called off because of a player strike.

For the first time in the club's 145-year history a competitive game has been canceled because the players refused to compete.

The squad released a statement earlier today to say they would boycott tomorrow's match and the fixture at Nottingham Forest a week on Sunday unless they were paid overdue wages from March.

Owner-in-waiting Laurence Bassini claimed he was going to 'save' the game by paying the money owed this evening but a club statement has now confirmed it has been postponed.

The EFL have issued the following statement.

"Following the failure of Bolton Wanderers to provide formal confirmation of its ability to meet its obligation to fulfil its Championship fixture against Brentford FC on Saturday (27 April), the game will not go ahead as planned.

"Earlier on Friday, the playing staff at the Club issued a collective statement confirming that they had decided not to fulfil the remaining fixtures of the season unless they received monies owed to them.

"As a result of these disappointing developments, the League has been forced to suspend Saturday’s fixture and under EFL Regulations, the Club is now deemed to be guilty of misconduct and will be referred to an Independent Disciplinary Commission.

"The EFL Board will now consider the matter of determining whether the fixture will be played or not.

"No further comment will be made at this time."

Source

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

What a shambles, Bassini said he had transferred the funds for the wages ?? I do support the players even though its been a poor season they have been treated badly.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Crafty sods direct debited season ticket money on Friday. Took my Goldline money too.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The club is still owned by Kenocchio so this is entirely his fault and you can bet he's had a great laugh about it with his full kit wanker son back in Monaco.
I don't know what to make of Bassini yet but he did try to sort this out yesterday but as usual KA was being his usual helpful self and not transferring the share certificate.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:The club is still owned by Kenocchio so this is entirely his fault and you can bet he's had a great laugh about it with his full kit wanker son back in Monaco.

I'm looking forward to sluffy's 28 page rebuttal.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll be playing the game anyway, in a Pokkit-Socca format. I'll be playing an attacking side.

I've locked Buckley in the toilet. I'll let you know the result later.
Bolton forced to postpone Championship clash after player strike Img_0214

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:The club is still owned by Kenocchio so this is entirely his fault and you can bet he's had a great laugh about it with his full kit wanker son back in Monaco.
I don't know what to make of Bassini yet but he did try to sort this out yesterday but as usual KA was being his usual helpful self and not transferring the share certificate.
Can ken transfer the certificate yet? I only ask since the deal is still listed as subject to EFL approval and because there's no evidence that Bassini has actually paid for the club yet. I have to be honest and say I wouldn't transfer a share certificate into someone else's name until I'd actually been paid for it.

As to mr Bassini's claim to have paid a million quid into the club to 'save' the match against Brentford the club, not just Ken says that hasn't happened as yet.

Of course it's difficult to take anything the club or Ken say at face value at this time but surely if Bassini had given the club the money it would be very simple for him to prove that.

Whatever is actually happening I for one wish everyone would just get on with the job and either get the takeover finalised or simply stop wasting time and admit it's not happening.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum