Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.

+15
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
Cajunboy
finlaymcdanger
okocha
rammywhite
boltonbonce
karlypants
Angry Dad
sunlight
Buellix
xmiles
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Who will you vote for.

CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 3 Vote_lcap45%CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 45% [ 9 ]
CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 3 Vote_lcap25%CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 25% [ 5 ]
CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 20% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 13]

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

okocha wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
okocha wrote:The only responsible choice in the current "climate":

https://news.sky.com/story/green-wave-predicted-as-party-launches-eu-elections-campaign-11714410
All these parties laying out what they are about. Remind me someone, did we or did we not have a referendum a year or two back, where it was decided, and backed by all the parties, to leave the EU ?
How dishonorable to just ignore the majority of voters in such a way.
What's dishonourable, Glos, are the lies, half-truths and misrepresentations that we were fed.......and we were expected to cast a meaningful vote on that basis! It was not possible to vote with any accuracy or certainty. (Thanks Dave et al !!)

The complete omission of any mention of Ireland's particular problem is, on its own, enough reason to hold a new ballot. May gets several goes at getting it right but the public only gets one, nearly 3 years later??! Be serious!

And the stark realisation about the threat posed by climate change should be at the top of the agenda when considering manifestos and a final vote. It is a scandal that it has taken youngsters and a 93 year-old to bring the truth to our attention.
The future of the world and its inhabitants is at stake, way more important that political posturing.
What bollox, honor the vote you bastards we knew what we wanted OUT spells OUT.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I have always been a believer that if something needs to be sorted, make a decision one way or another. If its right, all well and good. If its wrong, then we know where it went wrong and it can be fixed. We now have ourselves in a situation where we are trying to fix Brexit before it has been resolved according to the referendum. The process has been meddled with almost to the point that nothing can be resolved, .... other than follow the referendum as originally offered, and we leave without all the tinkering that so many seem to think is their right. (I'm referring to the MP's, not XM  Smile)

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

If you make a decision and then realise it was the wrong decision before it is implemented (buying a used car for example), surely you would revisit your decision if you could (not buy the car once you learned its history) glos.

It is pretty clear most people, and certainly most MPs, think May's deal is a bad deal so logically we should revisit the decision to leave the EU.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I couldn't care less about brexit anymore. But I do wish to send Westminster a message.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I have always been a believer that if something needs to be sorted, make a decision one way or another. If its right, all well and good. If its wrong, then we know where it went wrong and it can be fixed. We now have ourselves in a situation where we are trying to fix Brexit before it has been resolved according to the referendum. The process has been meddled with almost to the point that nothing can be resolved, .... other than follow the referendum as originally offered, and we leave without all the tinkering that so many seem to think is their right. (I'm referring to the MP's, not XM  Smile)
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:If you make a decision and then realise it was the wrong decision before it is implemented (buying a used car for example), surely you would revisit your decision if you could (not buy the car once you learned its history) glos.

It is pretty clear most people, and certainly most MPs, think May's deal is a bad deal so logically we should revisit the decision to leave the EU.
Good analogy, and I agree with the principle. However, your second paragraph is dealing only with the deal May 'negotiated'. 
To keep the analogy going, I believe we have made the decision to buy, (i.e. leave), but before handing over the cash, and sorting the the finer point, we make the mistake of listening to bystanders,  and we decide to ask for everyone else's view, on every aspect of the car itself, the dealer, the finances, whether we can afford to buy it, or if we would lose our deposit if we walked away. We would even take advice from people who didn't want the deal in the first place, and would want to do things their own way in making the deal, (and changing the law to do so). We are now stuck with a car that half of us want, half of us don't, some want to pay cash, some want to pay on HP, and others want to walk away. 
The thing is, we agreed to buy the car, and even though it has devalued while all the bartering has taken place, we still have to stand by our word, and pay the price agreed. We are now discussing how we would pay, and not if.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Meant to say, we are all now standing on the forecourt arguing, with nothing happening.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:Meant to say, we are all now standing on the forecourt arguing, with nothing happening.

Time to walk away from it then. Very Happy

Too drunk to deal with your detailed reply to my analogy. Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm voting for this guy. He even picks up my postal vote.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Meant to say, we are all now standing on the forecourt arguing, with nothing happening.

Time to walk away from it then. Very Happy

Too drunk to deal with your detailed reply to my analogy. Very Happy  
No problem. I read it again, and even confused myself  Very Happy

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brexit party now second in a poll of Westminster voting intention.

Laughing Laughing

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The Brexit Party to send a message to May and Corbyn to get a deal done so we can get on with the main problems that concern us all.

NHS and Social Care being at the top of my list.

Just doing my postal vote as I write this.

I see Claire Fox is number one  for The Brexit Party in the North West Region, she always talks a lot of sense on the  late night Sky News Review.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think politics, and politicians, will now need to be more honest and straight-talking than before, especially as shown in the last year. The public have had enough, and party loyalty will mean less now than it ever has, with a more fluid voting public. If you don't give, achieve, or stick to, what you promised, then you can expect to lose votes, and nothing is guaranteed.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spot on Glos.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sent my postal vote in today. Voted Green.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Cajunboy wrote:The Brexit Party to send a message to May and Corbyn to get a deal done so we can get on with the main problems that concern us all.

NHS and Social Care being at the top of my list.

Just doing my postal vote as I write this.

I see Claire Fox is number one  for The Brexit Party in the North West Region, she always talks a lot of sense on the  late night Sky News Review.

Claire Fox is "a former revolutionary communist who once supported Irish republicanism and opposed the Good Friday peace deal". Doesn't sound like talking a lot of sense to me.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Sent my postal vote in today. Voted Green.
If you are turning green, please see your doctor.

It's probably some kind of vitamin deficiency.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Sent my postal vote in today. Voted Green.
If you are turning green, please see your doctor.

It's probably some kind of vitamin deficiency.
It’s affected his brain too where he should have selected the Brexit Party! Very Happy

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:I think politics, and politicians, will now need to be more honest and straight-talking than before, especially as shown in the last year. The public have had enough, and party loyalty will mean less now than it ever has, with a more fluid voting public. If you don't give, achieve, or stick to, what you promised, then you can expect to lose votes, and nothing is guaranteed.

So you think Farage is "honest and straight-talking"?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum