You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » The Swinging Sixties.

The Swinging Sixties.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Swinging Sixties. Empty The Swinging Sixties. on Wed May 08 2019, 16:42

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Did anyone on here go through it, i mean not a little kid a teenager pubs parties girls,driving a cortina first hearing the Stones Beatles, Kinks etc as they released records, pubs, see George Best and Jimmy Greaves, had a bird with a mini skirt and stuff?

2The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Wed May 08 2019, 17:00

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@Angry Dad wrote:Did anyone on here go through it, i mean not a little kid a teenager pubs parties girls,driving a cortina first hearing the Stones Beatles, Kinks etc as they released records, pubs, see George Best and Jimmy Greaves, had a bird with a mini skirt and stuff?

Yep-I was 11 when they started so saw all the stuff you mention. I had a purple mini and used to get pissed either in the Trotters or the Boars Head. I saw George Best and the great United side of the 60s play and  also the good Wanderers side we had then ( Wyn Davies, Freddie Hill, Gordon Taylor, Frannie Lee, Warwick Rimmer, Sid Farrimond and the rest). Had it off for the first time with a girl called Christina and my first joint on the town hall steps. Best years of my life!

3The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Wed May 08 2019, 17:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Swinging was never me. Bear in mind I get excited by a visit to the Keswick Pencil Museum.

4The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Wed May 08 2019, 18:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:Bear in mind I get excited by a visit to the Keswick Pencil Museum.

I can't believe I just Googled that.

It's the Derwent Pencil Museum by the way.

5The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Wed May 08 2019, 18:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I never had Rammy down as the type to have his wicked way with women in the back of his purple mini. Very Happy

6The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Wed May 08 2019, 19:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@boltonbonce wrote:Bear in mind I get excited by a visit to the Keswick Pencil Museum.

I can't believe I just Googled that.

It's the Derwent Pencil Museum by the way.
I always call it Keswick. Because it's in Keswick I suppose. More interesting than it sounds, although I've yet to convince anyone to pay it a visit.

7The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Wed May 08 2019, 20:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@rammywhite wrote:I had a purple mini

How short?

8The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Wed May 08 2019, 21:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I might visit the National Poo Museum, on the Isle of Wight.

9The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Wed May 08 2019, 21:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm not Googling that.

10The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Wed May 08 2019, 21:21

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@karlypants wrote:I never had Rammy down as the type to have his wicked way with women in the back of his purple mini. Very Happy
I had a totally reprehensible and misspent youth until I discovered Accountancy in my early twenties. And I haven't looked back since.
Although I miss that purple mini (and Christina)

11The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Wed May 08 2019, 21:41

sunlight

sunlight
David Lee
David Lee
@Natasha Whittam wrote:

How short?

Laughing

12The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Wed May 08 2019, 21:42

sunlight

sunlight
David Lee
David Lee
@boltonbonce wrote:Swinging was never me. Bear in mind I get excited by a visit to the Keswick Pencil Museum.

I can totally relate to that. Level headedness and sanity are wonderful modes in 2019 world. Peace and quiet is bliss.

13The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Wed May 08 2019, 21:45

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@Natasha Whittam wrote:

How short?
Its a car you numpty!

14The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Wed May 08 2019, 21:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@rammywhite wrote:Its a car you numpty!

No need for abuse. I can see why Christina ditched you.

15The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Wed May 08 2019, 21:53

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Still breaks my heart half a century later. She was as fit as a butchers dog

16The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Wed May 08 2019, 21:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@sunlight wrote:
@boltonbonce wrote:Swinging was never me. Bear in mind I get excited by a visit to the Keswick Pencil Museum.

I can totally relate to that. Level headedness and sanity are wonderful modes in 2019 world. Peace and quiet is bliss.
Can't beat a good book. Even a talking book. I might even take my slippers off at a pinch.

17The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Wed May 08 2019, 22:42

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Yep. went through all that. Its odd how many forgotten things are brought back when the appropriate record is played on Gold London.
I went through listening to all the new groups, songs, and fashions, and then owning a Vespa 125, and then a Lambretta 200 SX, (which would be worth anything from £6k upwards nowadays.
Mini skirts and hot pants were magic, but they were followed by midi skirts, which was very depressing for a young man of the times.

18The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Wed May 08 2019, 23:06

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
The music was one of the best things about the 60s but I guess everyone thinks the music they listened to as a teenager was the best. For me it was listening to and seeing Hendrix, Cream, Pink Floyd, Jefferson Airplane, Doors, Rolling Stones, Byrds, etc.

19The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Thu May 09 2019, 12:12

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
50s n 60s fat people were practically non existant.

20The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Thu May 09 2019, 12:13

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
women had waists and no tattoos.

21The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Thu May 09 2019, 12:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Angry Dad wrote:women had waists and no tattoos.
Or belly button rings. And you didn't see men/women going about wearing replica shirts, which would please Nat no end.

22The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Thu May 09 2019, 12:33

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
When i'm pondering on if there is an afterlife  i 'd like it to be able to choose to live in a certain time period for ever and i'd choose 1950-1970 repeated. Stupid maybe but it's my idea of heaven.

23The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Thu May 09 2019, 12:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Angry Dad wrote:When i'm pondering on if there is an afterlife  i 'd like it to be able to choose to live in a certain time period for ever and i'd choose 1950-1970 repeated. Stupid maybe but it's my idea of heaven.
No mobile phone. Heaven.

24The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Thu May 09 2019, 12:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
What about fashion,AD. If you had one signature look, what would it be. A bloke down here still dresses as a Ted, and he's pushing 76.

25The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Thu May 09 2019, 13:03

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Brown leather jacket tight jeans winklepickers white tee shirt Bonce.

26The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Thu May 09 2019, 13:17

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Same as now when i'm not working. At work it's either a suit and church's tan brogues or casual dress bomber jacket, chino's, dark blue suede shoes or reebok trainers depends on what i'm doing.

27The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Thu May 09 2019, 13:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I wear whatever the nurse lays out for me. Not too bad today, although a pencil skirt doesn't really suit me.
I also find the side split a bit tarty.

28The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Thu May 09 2019, 13:32

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@boltonbonce wrote:I wear whatever the nurse lays out for me. Not too bad today, although a pencil skirt doesn't really suit me.
I also find the side split a bit tarty.
Smile

29The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Thu May 09 2019, 13:38

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Bonce i'm surprised somebody on here hasn't complained about your new handsome photo (mentioning no names)

30The Swinging Sixties. Empty Re: The Swinging Sixties. on Thu May 09 2019, 13:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Angry Dad wrote:Bonce i'm surprised somebody on here hasn't complained about your new handsome photo (mentioning no names)
Not sure why anyone would complain. He's a perfectly good looking chimp.

Reminds me of someone though.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum