Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Parkinson wants to play his part in administration

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson says he will chip in to help administrators sift through the financial mess at Wanderers.

The Bolton boss has offered advice on more than 20 first team players whose contract expires this summer, including sought-after youngster, Luca Connell.

Clubs are circling around the 18-year-old midfielder with a view to picking him up for compensation, estimated at around £300,000.

Another of the academy graduates tipped for a big future, Ronan Darcy, has also been linked with a move elsewhere but Parkinson hopes to avoid losing the core of his squad in League One.

“I want to do my bit to help this process in the early stages for the administrators,” he said. “There are things I know and can help them with in terms of players who are out of contract, young players whose contracts are up, so that’s what I am going through over the next week or so. I want to try and do my bit to get a platform ready to go forward.”

No guarantees have been given on when unpaid wages will be paid but the 10-strong team of accountants hope to have a grip on the club’s finances by the end of this week.

Parkinson has held his own meeting with Paul Appleton, one of the joint-administrators, and is optimistic the process can be beneficial for Wanderers.

“I feel it’s in good hands with administrators, they are determined to get the club sorted, but it is going to take time,” he said on Talksport. “It’s going to be a long journey to get Bolton Wanderers on an even keel financially.

“Unfortunately we have to take a 12-point hit but it’s a step in the right direction in the long-term future.”

Parkinson is owed two months’ wages himself but reserved his sympathy for the staff at the stadium and training ground who have experienced serious hardship during the last few weeks.

“In any walk of life when you don’t get paid, it’s difficult,” he said.

“A lot of people who work for the club rely on that money and live month to month, wait for that wage packet coming in, when it doesn’t it can cause problems.

“That needs to be rectified and the administrators are desperate to give people some positive news in the coming weeks.”

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i can just see it now - no you can let all the young lads go mate no point keeping them, but as for big Clayton......

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's already played his part by getting us relegated.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum