You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Boris Johnson to be our next Prime Minister?

Boris Johnson to be our next Prime Minister?

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 14]

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@gloswhite wrote:
@T.R.O.Y wrote:So if our political will was not to be a part of the Euro, surely that entirely disproves your original point?

Should we end up getting a trade deal with the US which pushes common rules/standards, will you then be complaining we are subservient to them?
No, that was before the referendum, and a completely different political landscape.
Unlike the EU, the USA cannot interfere with our laws, whereas the EU, until the end of October, still can, although, as Bonce points out, we do have a 'close' relationship with USA  Smile . Another big difference is that any deals will be negotiated, I'm assuming, without any 'backstop' type agreement.
We all know that international politics/trade at such a level will call on all and any points/issues that will influence the deal in their favour. After all, we've seen it applied quite severely by the EU. On that basis I expect negotiations with the USA to be more amicable, although the arm twisting and wheeling and dealing will be just as intense. We already work really well with the Americans on many levels, as we do with the Europeans, however, I feel we will be competing more with our close neighbours than we are the USA. Also, our reputation for food and working standards are well known, and hard earned. I cannot see these being negotiated away, just for a quick deal. Lets not forget that we are a relatively rich and powerful country, and have some leeway in what we can offer and accept.

You do come across as a bit naive at times glos. When we negotiate with the USA we will be in a much weaker position than the EU. Trump has already indicated the kind of deal we will be offered. We will have to lower our food standards to American levels to allow them to sell us chlorine flavoured chicken and hormone stuffed beef with no requirements for identifying the source. Read this for the impact on the NHS: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwizvJOVvdLjAhXtQUEAHTDtAmsQFjAHegQIBxAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.independent.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fbusiness%2Fcomment%2Fbrexit-trade-trump-us-liz-truss-boris-johnson-cabinet-deal-a9021716.html&usg=AOvVaw335crfsOCpG1TRh6b7Y7gU
And to top it off Liz Truss will be leading our negotiations.

With Boris being a big fan of Trump you will get to see what subservience truly looks like.

sunlight

sunlight
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
These people that believe Bojo will get a deal with the EU, do they also put food out for the Faeries in the bottom of their gardens?

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@sunlight wrote:These people that believe Bojo will get a deal with the EU, do they also put food out for the Faeries in the bottom of their gardens?

Laughing

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Boris absolutely destroyed Corbyn in his first outing.

Corbyn has been living it up with may. He is now back to where he was with Cameron. Thoroughly out of his depth.

Boris also did a number on mcdonnel that I can't stop watching. Hilarious.

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Ah great, nothing to worry about in that case then, let’s forget the lying, right wing cabinet - the guy’s clearly a hoot!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Right wing. Get a grip. But I'm not surprised you're rattled. Corbyn has never been further from power.

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Name a more right wing cabinet in the last 30 years and I will get a grip.

No idea why you’re writing off Labours chances, Boris has an awful record and is massively unpopular outside of a leave vote which is split. I can’t see him winning a majority at an election.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sadly, Boris came across as what he is. A blustering buffoon. It will, of course, be very entertaining, but in the worst possible way.

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@boltonbonce wrote:Sadly, Boris came across as what he is. A blustering buffoon. It will, of course, be very entertaining, but in the worst possible way.

:agree:

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
To make matters worse, JC and the Labour Party are too busy navel gazing to offer much of a fight.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@T.R.O.Y wrote:Name a more right wing cabinet in the last 30 years and I will get a grip.

No idea why you’re writing off Labours chances, Boris has an awful record and is massively unpopular outside of a leave vote which is split. I can’t see him winning a majority at an election.

I'm not writing them off. I just think Corbyn has never been further from power.

He looked totally defeated.

I don't believe they are right wing.

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:
@T.R.O.Y wrote:Name a more right wing cabinet in the last 30 years and I will get a grip.


I don't believe they are right wing.

You must have a different definition of right wing from everybody else.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
This is funny to watch, you guys are suffering from BDS you are like old hens with a fox about to break in absolutely screaming terrified :falltopieces: I do not include Hipster in this description.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
So fucking funny i can't wait for you're next bleatings  :rofl:

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
XM, I can't agree that I'm naive, maybe a bit too optimistic at times, but definitely not naive. 
What I do see in the last few posts is the same tactic for the leavers, and that is to ridicule and drag articles from various sources to back up their views. There are a great deal of articles that also put the opposite view, but the exchanging of newspaper comments doesn't achieve anything, in my view.
I like Boris, and its those of you who think he's a buffoon who are really missing the point. He's the 77th Prime Minister in the history of Parliament, not the sort of job that you receive as a nice gesture, and not the easiest to earn. He has a different way of working to others, but a buffoon he is not.

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
The question you never manage to answer Glos is which EU laws we’ve signed up to (not had imposed on us) offend you so much?

As part of a trading block there will be standards adhered to - working time directive for instance - similar regulations would be applied if we signed a trade deal with the US for instance. This is the way of the world.

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:
@T.R.O.Y wrote:Name a more right wing cabinet in the last 30 years and I will get a grip.

No idea why you’re writing off Labours chances, Boris has an awful record and is massively unpopular outside of a leave vote which is split. I can’t see him winning a majority at an election.

I'm not writing them off. I just think Corbyn has never been further from power.

He looked totally defeated.

I don't believe they are right wing.

Heard the same when May came in, Boris might be having a good time at the moment, but reality will slap him in the face soon enough as if it did May.

All the contradicting promises he’s been making will come tumbling down, and most likely we’ll be left with a no deal Brexit - which might delight the likes of you but for most people is going to make life a lot more difficult.

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@gloswhite wrote:XM, I can't agree that I'm naive, maybe a bit too optimistic at times, but definitely not naive. 
What I do see in the last few posts is the same tactic for the leavers, and that is to ridicule and drag articles from various sources to back up their views. There are a great deal of articles that also put the opposite view, but the exchanging of newspaper comments doesn't achieve anything, in my view.
I like Boris, and its those of you who think he's a buffoon who are really missing the point. He's the 77th Prime Minister in the history of Parliament, not the sort of job that you receive as a nice gesture, and not the easiest to earn. He has a different way of working to others, but a buffoon he is not.

You say you are optimistic but there is little or no evidence to support your optimism. Why do you think we will get a good trade deal with the USA? Trump has already said what he wants. Do you seriously think Liz Truss is going to force him to back down?

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@gloswhite wrote:
I like Boris, and its those of you who think he's a buffoon who are really missing the point. He's the 77th Prime Minister in the history of Parliament, not the sort of job that you receive as a nice gesture, and not the easiest to earn. He has a different way of working to others, but a buffoon he is not.

Just because 92,000 right wing brexiteers made him prime minister doesn't stop him from being a buffoon. He has always been a lying buffoon who cares about nothing but himself. Becoming prime minister changes nothing.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
@xmiles wrote:
@gloswhite wrote:
I like Boris, and its those of you who think he's a buffoon who are really missing the point. He's the 77th Prime Minister in the history of Parliament, not the sort of job that you receive as a nice gesture, and not the easiest to earn. He has a different way of working to others, but a buffoon he is not.

Just because 92,000 right wing brexiteers made him prime minister doesn't stop him from being a buffoon. He has always been a lying buffoon who cares about nothing but himself. Becoming prime minister changes nothing.
And its because of your determination to see only your own point of view, in black and white, as shown in a newspaper headline, that you will forever be following a diminishing and isolated view of the world. 
Try a bit of optimism for a change, or at least try to look for a brighter side of all the things that depress you. (don't know why I said that, I know you won't/can't  Very Happy )

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
@T.R.O.Y wrote:The question you never manage to answer Glos is which EU laws we’ve signed up to (not had imposed on us) offend you so much?

As part of a trading block there will be standards adhered to - working time directive for instance - similar regulations would be applied if we signed a trade deal with the US for instance. This is the way of the world.
As with XM, you are drilling down to specific points, usually ones than cannot be confirmed or denied fully. (unless we read it in the papers).
Its not specific laws I'm against, but the principle of being told what our laws are. Never mind the immigration, etc, its the fact that we will not be governing ourselves that really needs to be changed, the others are a bonus.What precisely is the way of the world, the fact that we are able to argue our own corner, that we can say exactly what we want, and work in favour of the whole country. Of course there will be compromises, but the point of negotiations is to get the best of what you can, and plan for what you can't. That is the real way of the world.

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@gloswhite wrote:
@xmiles wrote:
@gloswhite wrote:
I like Boris, and its those of you who think he's a buffoon who are really missing the point. He's the 77th Prime Minister in the history of Parliament, not the sort of job that you receive as a nice gesture, and not the easiest to earn. He has a different way of working to others, but a buffoon he is not.

Just because 92,000 right wing brexiteers made him prime minister doesn't stop him from being a buffoon. He has always been a lying buffoon who cares about nothing but himself. Becoming prime minister changes nothing.
And its because of your determination to see only your own point of view, in black and white, as shown in a newspaper headline, that you will forever be following a diminishing and isolated view of the world. 
Try a bit of optimism for a change, or at least try to look for a brighter side of all the things that depress you. (don't know why I said that, I know you won't/can't  Very Happy )

You are completely missing the point glos. Boris is a buffoon. Becoming prime minister changes nothing, no matter how optimistic you personally are.

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@gloswhite wrote:
@T.R.O.Y wrote:The question you never manage to answer Glos is which EU laws we’ve signed up to (not had imposed on us) offend you so much?

As part of a trading block there will be standards adhered to - working time directive for instance - similar regulations would be applied if we signed a trade deal with the US for instance. This is the way of the world.
As with XM, you are drilling down to specific points, usually ones than cannot be confirmed or denied fully. (unless we read it in the papers).
Its not specific laws I'm against, but the principle of being told what our laws are. Never mind the immigration, etc, its the fact that we will not be governing ourselves that really needs to be changed, the others are a bonus.What precisely is the way of the world, the fact that we are able to argue our own corner, that we can say exactly what we want, and work in favour of the whole country. Of course there will be compromises, but the point of negotiations is to get the best of what you can, and plan for what you can't. That is the real way of the world.

We don’t have laws imposed on us, we choose to sign up to them should we want the perceived benefits. If you looked at the specifics you might see that this is the reality and far from an issue.

We’ve always governed ourselves, to say otherwise is completely false. If it were true I’d be tempted to vote Brexit but it is a myth peddled by leave to push through their will. You need to reconsider this.

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@T.R.O.Y wrote:
@gloswhite wrote:
@T.R.O.Y wrote:The question you never manage to answer Glos is which EU laws we’ve signed up to (not had imposed on us) offend you so much?

As part of a trading block there will be standards adhered to - working time directive for instance - similar regulations would be applied if we signed a trade deal with the US for instance. This is the way of the world.
As with XM, you are drilling down to specific points, usually ones than cannot be confirmed or denied fully. (unless we read it in the papers).
Its not specific laws I'm against, but the principle of being told what our laws are. Never mind the immigration, etc, its the fact that we will not be governing ourselves that really needs to be changed, the others are a bonus.What precisely is the way of the world, the fact that we are able to argue our own corner, that we can say exactly what we want, and work in favour of the whole country. Of course there will be compromises, but the point of negotiations is to get the best of what you can, and plan for what you can't. That is the real way of the world.

We don’t have laws imposed on us, we choose to sign up to them should we want the perceived benefits. If you looked at the specifics you might see that this is the reality and far from an issue.

We’ve always governed ourselves, to say otherwise is completely false. If it were true I’d be tempted to vote Brexit but it is a myth peddled by leave to push through their will. You need to reconsider this.

I completely agree with TROY.

Using your logic glos you presumably back Scottish independence and want to break up the UK because then England can govern herself "argue our own corner, say exactly what we want" without having to worry about what the Scots, Welsh or Irish want.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Canada has a point based immigration system 

Celebrated as one of the most progressive liberal nations in the world.

UK has one.

Bigotted scum little England xenophobic far right racists love trumps hate...

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
There is a whole world of difference between enthusiastic, blind optimism and a safer, prudent attitude based on reality.

Crossing your fingers and hoping for the best after jumping off a cliff is no way to look after the population you govern. It's ok to risk your own individual future, I suppose, but not the futures of a whole country.

The reality is that our record of completing deals has been abysmal recently and now way too risky. We all know that the world cannot trust Trump's word and Boris pushes him close in that respect! He is more likely to be laughed at rather than respected as a serious politician.

We have suffered a succession of Prime Ministers who have made catastrophic decisions in terms of the welfare of the vast majority of ordinary citizens. What evidence is there from Boris' past record that makes you think that he will safeguard our interests in any way? He has proved himself a liar, an egotist, a misogynist, a bully, a thug, a racist, and an empty vessel whose gaffes and lack of diplomacy have  proved disastrous in the past. There are numerous facts (too many to list here) that confirm these traits.

Cheery optimism is refreshing after the austerity policies of the Nasty Party and the tiresome lies and struggles of the Brexit negotiations, to the point where we WANT to believe that behind the inarticulate bluster and arm-waving there is something more concrete to believe in. 
All the evidence tells us that there is not. 

He was elected, as May was, by Tory members only, so the whole country has not spoken even though facts have arisen since the 2016 referendum that undoubtedly have changed many people's minds about the outcome of the vote. Democracy entails letting the people speak with up-to-date information at their disposal rather than rely on a decision from three whole years ago that is now discredited, just as the proponent of that referendum has been.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Well said mate. There are some on here saying that many of us WANT Boris to fail, and nothing could be further from the truth. I'd love to be proved wrong.
However, I can only base my feelings on the future on what's gone before, and on all levels he's shown himself to be second rate.
Will Buckley will have a sensational season, and be linked with Arsenal by Christmas. There you go.
Optimism.

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@okocha wrote:There is a whole world of difference between enthusiastic, blind optimism and a safer, prudent attitude based on reality.

Crossing your fingers and hoping for the best after jumping off a cliff is no way to look after the population you govern. It's ok to risk your own individual future, I suppose, but not the futures of a whole country.

The reality is that our record of completing deals has been abysmal recently and now way too risky. We all know that the world cannot trust Trump's word and Boris pushes him close in that respect! He is more likely to be laughed at rather than respected as a serious politician.

We have suffered a succession of Prime Ministers who have made catastrophic decisions in terms of the welfare of the vast majority of ordinary citizens. What evidence is there from Boris' past record that makes you think that he will safeguard our interests in any way? He has proved himself a liar, an egotist, a misogynist, a bully, a thug, a racist, and an empty vessel whose gaffes and lack of diplomacy have  proved disastrous in the past. There are numerous facts (too many to list here) that confirm these traits.

Cheery optimism is refreshing after the austerity policies of the Nasty Party and the tiresome lies and struggles of the Brexit negotiations, to the point where we WANT to believe that behind the inarticulate bluster and arm-waving there is something more concrete to believe in. 
All the evidence tells us that there is not. 

He was elected, as May was, by Tory members only, so the whole country has not spoken even though facts have arisen since the 2016 referendum that undoubtedly have changed many people's minds about the outcome of the vote. Democracy entails letting the people speak with up-to-date information at their disposal rather than rely on a decision from three whole years ago that is now discredited, just as the proponent of that referendum has been.

:agree:

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@boltonbonce wrote:
Will Buckley will have a sensational season, and be linked with Arsenal by Christmas.
Optimism.

But only if you truly believe it. If it doesn't happen it will then clearly be your fault for not being optimistic enough.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@xmiles wrote:
@boltonbonce wrote:
Will Buckley will have a sensational season, and be linked with Arsenal by Christmas.
Optimism.

But only if you truly believe it. If it doesn't happen it will then clearly be your fault for not being optimistic enough.
Looks like I'll have to get a Buckley shirt.  Shocked

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum