Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will Parkinson be replaced?

+10
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
wessy
bryan458
finlaymcdanger
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Will Parkinson be replaced? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Parkinson be replaced? Tue Jun 11 2019, 23:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Climb out hipster.

As for checking companies house about all those various companies just because it may involve your old mate Bridge is not obsessive in the slightest is it?  Rolling Eyes

32Will Parkinson be replaced? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Parkinson be replaced? Tue Jun 11 2019, 23:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Climb out hipster.

As for checking companies house about all those various companies just because it may involve your old mate Bridge is not obsessive in the slightest is it?  Rolling Eyes

If it pleases you to think that, then carry on.

Doesn't make it true though.

I won't be losing any sleep over it.

33Will Parkinson be replaced? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Parkinson be replaced? Wed Jun 12 2019, 08:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy at 3am this morning wondering about what else he can dig up on various ST board members  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

34Will Parkinson be replaced? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Parkinson be replaced? Wed Jun 12 2019, 10:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Climb out hipster.

Just being honest mate.

Sluffy is a genuine guy who's passionate about the club. Not sure why people misconstrue this as something nefarious.

Everyone needs to chill out.

35Will Parkinson be replaced? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Parkinson be replaced? Wed Jun 12 2019, 10:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are all passionate about BWFC, that's why we spend so much time on here arguing and debating  Very Happy

36Will Parkinson be replaced? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Parkinson be replaced? Wed Jun 12 2019, 10:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Sluffy is spot on... As usual.
Of course.

37Will Parkinson be replaced? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Parkinson be replaced? Wed Jun 12 2019, 12:09

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Unfortunately I can see PP still on the job.....for half the season maybe. All depends who the new owners are. In an effort for some stability the new owners might keep Phil and staff until the new chairman gets his feet wet at least.
Is it possible that a new manager and all new staff and some new players are all aboard in the next few weeks......hard to fathom IMO.

38Will Parkinson be replaced? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Parkinson be replaced? Wed Jun 12 2019, 13:57

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

terenceanne wrote:Unfortunately I can see PP still on the job.....for half the season maybe. All depends who the new owners are. In an effort for some stability the new owners might keep Phil and staff until the new chairman gets his feet wet at least.
Is it possible that a new manager and all new staff and some new players are all aboard in the next few weeks......hard to fathom IMO.
Really?

He has managed 2 other clubs at championship level and his record is    
Hull City in 2006/07 he won 4 games in 21 and was sacked with them 23rd in the League .
Two years later in 2008/09 he moves up from assistant manager at Charlton to manager and in 28 games in charge they also won 4 games and were relegated 
With us in 2017/18 and 2018/19 has won 18 in 88 
In total - 137 championship matches won 26 of those 

I cannot see any new owner keeping  him ... whoever takes over will bring in their own man , someone who buys into the new owners vision and someone capable in time of moving up the divisions with the squad they assemble 

39Will Parkinson be replaced? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Parkinson be replaced? Wed Jun 12 2019, 14:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think it is more a question of money than anything else.

If the new owner has a budget of a million or more to move him out and get someone else in - I think they will, if however they don't have budget enough to do this, then they will save the club first (I'm assuming the new owners are fan based like Michael James) and sort out the manager when they can afford to pot him - maybe they will give him his notice then simply put him on gardening leave whilst his contract runs down and put someone already here such as Jules Darby in charge (with someone like Billy Davies coming in as his advisor perhaps?).

40Will Parkinson be replaced? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Parkinson be replaced? Wed Jun 12 2019, 18:29

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

MartinBWFC wrote:
terenceanne wrote:Unfortunately I can see PP still on the job.....for half the season maybe. All depends who the new owners are. In an effort for some stability the new owners might keep Phil and staff until the new chairman gets his feet wet at least.
Really?

He has managed 2 other clubs at championship level and his record is    
Hull City in 2006/07 he won 4 games in 21 and was sacked with them 23rd in the League .
Two years later in 2008/09 he moves up from assistant manager at Charlton to manager and in 28 games in charge they also won 4 games and were relegated 
With us in 2017/18 and 2018/19 has won 18 in 88 
In total - 137 championship matches won 26 of those 

I cannot see any new owner keeping  him ... whoever takes over will bring in their own man , someone who buys into the new owners vision and someone capable in time of moving up the divisions with the squad they assemble 
So the new mysterious owner will just so happen to have a manager in their pocket and staff....all ready to go....with 8 or 9 senior players currently aboard. They will do a quick analysis of our requirements without ever seeing a game. Sounds like a plan..... I'm not saying that can't happen....isn't it more the likely changes will take several months at least.

41Will Parkinson be replaced? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Parkinson be replaced? Wed Jun 12 2019, 20:29

Agree with Sluffy. Sounds like whoever takes over will have no money, so why bin a manager with a proven record at this level.

42Will Parkinson be replaced? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Parkinson be replaced? Wed Jun 12 2019, 20:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Agree with Sluffy. Sounds like whoever takes over will have no money, so why bin a manager with a proven record at this level.

Because any new owner needs the fans onside from the start.

43Will Parkinson be replaced? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Parkinson be replaced? Wed Jun 12 2019, 20:49

I agree, and would prefer a clean slate. I just think we’ll get another shithouse with no cash.

44Will Parkinson be replaced? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Parkinson be replaced? Wed Jun 12 2019, 21:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:I agree, and would prefer a clean slate. I just think we’ll get another shithouse with no cash.

You're probably right, but if it's a shithouse who tries to win games he will be an improvement.

45Will Parkinson be replaced? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Parkinson be replaced? Wed Jun 12 2019, 21:23

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think he will still be here.  Has experience of getting teams promoted, so probably give him at least the start of the season and see how he does

46Will Parkinson be replaced? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Parkinson be replaced? Wed Jun 12 2019, 21:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I think he will still be here.  Has experience of getting teams promoted, so probably give him at least the start of the season and see how he does
:agree:

47Will Parkinson be replaced? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Parkinson be replaced? Sun Jun 16 2019, 13:43

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Got to act fast.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17709661.inside-wanderers-managers-future-first-big-call-for-owners/ … [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

48Will Parkinson be replaced? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Parkinson be replaced? Sun Jun 16 2019, 13:50

Bloody hell, someone give Martin a hand.

49Will Parkinson be replaced? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Parkinson be replaced? Sun Jun 16 2019, 19:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Bloody hell, someone give Martin a hand.

I've put it up in the News Section -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

50Will Parkinson be replaced? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Parkinson be replaced? Tue Jun 18 2019, 08:51

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just read this morning Lee Bowyer may end up leaving Charlton, anyone take him as next manager? Did a great job at Charlton under similar circumstances to us around dodgy owners and protests and got them promoted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum