You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers News » Football Ventures to get nod as new Bolton Wanderers owners

Football Ventures to get nod as new Bolton Wanderers owners

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
A PREFERRED bidder has now been selected at Wanderers – and The Bolton News understands that the Football Ventures consortium have won the race ahead of four other parties.
Excitement has built steadily among supporters after joint-administrator Paul Appleton revealed that the owners-in-waiting had already put £1million into the club to fund squad rebuilding and running costs.
"I am delighted we have been able to reach a more than satisfactory outcome to this stage of the process and I am confident the preferred bidder has the ability to take Bolton Wanderers forward,” he said.

"We are now working towards a signed Heads of Terms agreement by close of play on June 14 and until that has been signed, we are still bound by the confidentiality agreement within the process.
"But I can assure all Bolton Wanderers fans that the preferred bidder has both the financial ability and the determination to turn around the fortunes of this great football club."
The secret slipped out this evening, however, that the four-person consortium, who will be led by businesswoman Sharon Brittan, have been selected to lead the club forward.
Cheshire businessman Parminder Basran, London-based Jeff Thomas and lifelong Bolton fan, Michael James, are the other members of the group as things stand.

Cheshire businessman Parminder Basran, London-based Jeff Thomas and lifelong Bolton fan, Michael James, are the other members of the group as things stand.
It is believed a change of control should be swift as the party has already been given approval by the EFL.  

Football Ventures (Whites) Ltd was set up earlier this year as the group looked to buy Wanderers solvent from former owner Ken Anderson.
They pulled out, however, after uncovering several 'hidden' debts which made the deal unviable.
Wanderers were put into administration by Fildraw - the trust responsible for the estate of late owner Eddie Davies - on May 13th. Just two months later they now appear to be on the verge of new ownership.
Wanderers skipper David Wheater admits he and the Bolton players have been waiting on tenterhooks alongside the fans for news.

“It’s great news that it could finally be sorted,” he told us. “The team WhatsApp group has been going mad with all the questions, wondering who it could be. We all want an end to it just the like the supporters.
“It’s a terrific club with a lot going for it. I think it has been neglected for a while, so whoever comes in needs to get a few things sorted. Once then do it’s still Premier League class, in my eyes.
“The fans have been through thick and thin, so they deserve someone who comes in with the best interest of the club at heart.”

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17705249.football-ventures-to-get-nod-as-new-bolton-wanderers-owners/

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Hope Wheater stays, as for the rest FUCK OFF, I'd also like O'Neil to sign a years deal

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Football Ventures to be named preferred bidder at Bolton

THE Football Ventures consortium should be confirmed as the preferred bidder by Wanderers’ administrators early this week.
It had been hoped that the announcement would be made by the club on Friday evening but a hold-up on documentation being passed between the two sets of legal representatives is said to have delayed matters.
A heads of terms agreement could be signed as early as this morning, which will then pave the way for a full transfer of control, to be ratified by the EFL.

Sources close to the club insist the delay is nothing to be concerned about and say, once the announcement is made, the remaining process will be quick as Football Ventures have already passed the league’s owners and directors’ test.

The target for administrators, David Rubin and Partners, is to get the new owners in by the start of pre-season training, now less than a fortnight away.
A £1million injection has already been provided for running costs but the club will have to move quickly to secure the future of some of their younger players, including Harry Brockbank.

The young defender’s contract runs out at the end of the month and reports claim Burnley boss Sean Dyche has already sounded the 20-year-old out about a potential move to Turf Moor.

Several clubs have been linked to academy graduate, Brockbank, who only broke into the senior side in April after a short spell on loan at Salford City.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17710016.football-ventures-to-be-named-preferred-bidder-at-bolton/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum