Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iles throws a social media strop!

+9
finlaymcdanger
y2johnny
bryan458
Growler
MartinBWFC
DEANO82
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

31Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 3 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Wed Jun 19 2019, 17:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No all you get in there are stories of inbreeding and knitting patterns for six fingered gloves.

32Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 3 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Wed Jun 19 2019, 17:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:No all you get in there are stories of inbreeding and knitting patterns for six fingered gloves.

You massive Bolton bellend, come down to Victory Park on 3rd August and say that. You'll get a right twating.

33Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 3 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Wed Jun 19 2019, 17:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
y2johnny wrote:The problem is lpp, the blind sheep fuckwits follow his every word as gospel and act accordingly. From tantrums to trolling.
I agree but is that really his fault? Let's face it, Paris Hilton has over 6 million followers on Twitter and most of them seem to believe she's a divine oracle of truth and knowledge.

In truth the internet age, particularly the era of social media has proven what we already knew. There's no shortage of stupid in the world. Don't forget, enough people actually voted to make Donald Trump the President of the USA and many of them still believe in him.

In truth I think Iles has made some bad calls but to blame him for the fact his followers are either too ignorant or lazy to do even the most basic fact checking on their own isn't his fault. It's theirs.

The difference is Peter the nature of his job - Iles is a paid journalist to report the news and facts.

His job is not to go on twitter and make out the club owner is a crook.

If he can prove he's a crook then put it in the paper then link to it, if he can't then he should keep his opinion to himself and not go public with it on social media for all to read.

How can he write and impartial article for the people who are paying his wages if he's spouting shit about the owner to the very people who buy the paper.

It can't be done.

If he's writing articles that report on what the club owner is saying, whilst at the same time implying on twitter that he is lying, then what worth are his articles, why should people buy something that they know he personally rubbishing on social media?

It's a bit like me saying on Nuts that Peter is a great bloke, then going on Twitter/FaceBook saying that Peter is a nutjob and don't believe a word he says.

Would you have anything to do with me after doing that - of course you wouldn't and that's why the club owner didn't want anything to do with Iles and ultimately banning him when he though he could take the piss out of him.

Iles clearly though he could do what he wanted and I think he's now found out that couldn't and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he's been told to keep off social media now that we will soon have a new owner in place.

34Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 3 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Wed Jun 19 2019, 17:16

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

True sluffy but since we're discussing context let's just add this. Gartside and Davies refused to talk to him for years. Ken ducked him all too often and Iles didn't help himself with his blinkered approach to Dean Holdsworth and the ST, largely I think because of course Holdsworth was a popular player here and the ST had the public backing of John McGinlay a club legend.

Here's where he made his first (and in my opinion largest) mistake. By being 'in' with them he was seen by many fans as someone who must know what he's talking about and he did nothing to dispel that. Even after Dean walked with a million quid Iles tried to paint him as some sort of 'martyr' forced out by Beelzebub Anderson when he could and should have gone directly to Ken and said "Look, we got off on the wrong foot here, let's try again. Tell us your side of the story."

Iles biggest failing is his own ego. Because of it he's wound up marginalised at best if not outright ignored by the very people he most needed to talk to. The change of ownership from ED to KA should have been a golden opportunity for him but he flubbed it like he's flubbed so much else by trying to be 'in the know'.

Has he deliberately fabricated stories? Possibly but I think it's more likely he's put his trust in the wrong people and taken certain 'sources' at face value rather than properly attempting to corroborate them. In a way it even makes sense because in today's instant news world being the first to get the word out is a big deal. I think Iles gambled that his 'sources' knew what they were talking about and so just printed or tweeted what they said without getting into the background.

Of course he got caught out many times but (and this is his second and in my opinion THE unforgivable part) instead of holding his hand up and saying sorry I got it wrong he not only ploghed on with the junk he went on Twitter to castigate the very people who could and with the right approach almost certainly would have given him the straight gen he needed. His ego wouldn't and still doesn't allow him to accept he was played and so it HAS to be the fault of those nasty people who won't talk to him. The ST are his friends and wouldn't DREAM of using him to further their own fantasy land agendas would they?

But as to his twitter followers. I still say if they're stupid enough to believe anything Iles is saying after all this time then frankly there's no hope for them anyway. About the best that can be said on that subject is at least we know where the lunatics are, in the Iles Asylum for Incredibly Gullible Plonkers.

35Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 3 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Wed Jun 19 2019, 17:17

I don’t follow his twitter, but when did Iles call Ken a crook?

36Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 3 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Wed Jun 19 2019, 17:23

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Again we're largely in agreement here sluffy, at least about Iles and his personal credibility. Where I disagree with you is in that his 'followers' should be held accountable for their own stupidity.

Personally I believe the Bolton News would be better off taking the opportunity the new owners provide to bring in a new journalist to cover club affairs. I hate to call for the sacking of anyone since I know from bitter personal experience just how horrible it is to lose a job through incompetence or simply not being up to snuff but my opinion is that Iles has to go if the BN is to gain and retain any credibility as a professional media outlet.

Journalists having an opinion is nothing new of course but Iles left opinion behind along with the facts a long time ago. When opinion is replaced by ignorant vitriol and dangerously close to libellous unsupported allegations you can't be called a journalist.

For my money Marc Iles has become a blogger and a very uninformed, unintelligent one at that.

37Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 3 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Wed Jun 19 2019, 17:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:I don’t follow his twitter, but when did Iles call Ken a crook?

He's implied it many times, particularly with his 'likes' of other peoples tweets describing him as such.

38Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 3 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Wed Jun 19 2019, 17:33

That’s just a massive stretch from you then. Let’s stick to the facts.

39Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 3 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Wed Jun 19 2019, 17:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

its a Sluffy 'fact' like most of his ramblings, it's his opinion dressed up as fact.

40Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 3 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Wed Jun 19 2019, 17:53

Wouldn’t be bothered as much if sluffy’s excuse for being ferociously pro-Anderson wasn’t based on a supposed obsession with facts in everything he does.

Stinking hypocrisy.

41Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 3 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Wed Jun 19 2019, 18:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please'.

Mark Twain.

42Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 3 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Wed Jun 19 2019, 20:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's never had a scoop in his life. Journalists are nothing without sources and he has none.

43Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 3 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Wed Jun 19 2019, 21:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Wouldn’t be bothered as much if sluffy’s excuse for being ferociously pro-Anderson wasn’t based on a supposed obsession with facts in everything he does.

Stinking hypocrisy.

Never claimed to be pro Anderson let alone 'ferociously' pro-Anderson and Iles has gone out of his way to endorse tweets from others calling him a crook (and far worse!).

No hypocrisy from me 'stinking' or otherwise.

Here's Marc Iles list of likes - feel free to look through them and you will see the sorts of posts he's gone out of his way to 'like' which are abusive and slanderous of Anderson and about his lack of honesty and integrity.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Is that the sort of stuff the newspapers Chief Football Reporter with no agenda should be doing?

44Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 3 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Wed Jun 19 2019, 21:25

Any tweets you can show me though?

45Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 3 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Wed Jun 19 2019, 21:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Any tweets you can show me though?

I don't doubt most if not all of them are still there.

Look in particular to those sent to the posts of rabid Anti-Anderson's such as Phil Shortland, SuperwhiteSmurf and George Bower (former ST Board member).

You'll soon see what sort of company Iles keeps/kept by looking at the small vitriolic group of posters he and the other three hung around with and supporting each other with their 'likes'.

Hardly the smartest thing to do if you want to portray yourself as impartial, without bias and having no agenda - is it?

46Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 3 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Wed Jun 19 2019, 21:49

He’s a local journalist, he’s biased to the club - so forget that last point.

Can you show me any posts where he calls Anderson a crook?

47Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 3 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Wed Jun 19 2019, 22:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:He’s a local journalist, he’s biased to the club - so forget that last point.

Can you show me any posts where he calls Anderson a crook?

I've answered your question, I've pointed you to where they are.

If you think I'm going to waste half my life digging through them to prove myself right to you, then you can think again.

The 'liked' tweets are there, I couldn't give a toss if you believe me or not.

As for Iles being 'biased' to the club what does that even mean?

He was biased in favour of Holdsworth who fucked the club with his BM loan - where's Iles examination and critique of that?

I'll spare you looking for it because he's never done one.

He's biased in favour of the ST - what the fuck day they do in our hour of need?  Look the other way when their mate and fellow ST Board Member was made to close his solicitors practice down and be branded by his own professional body that he was not to be trusted with other peoples money - whilst they had him being the only named director initially of the company he set up to take control of the club ffs!

With club having 'biased' friends like those then who needs enemies.

Iles professionalism meant that he should have kept a straight bat and not take sides.

Did he do that?

Did he fuck.

48Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 3 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Wed Jun 19 2019, 22:20

Oh right, you only believe facts and evidence... But the rest of us should just take your word on this one, gotcha.

49Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 3 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Wed Jun 19 2019, 22:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Oh right, you only believe facts and evidence... But the rest of us should just take your word on this one, gotcha.

The facts and evidence are there - you don't have to take my word - not my fault if you don't want to check for yourself.

50Iles throws a social media strop! - Page 3 Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Wed Jun 19 2019, 22:26

Ha literally the worst attempt to support a point I’ve ever seen, you might as well just post a link to google.co.uk.

If you can’t be bothered, I can’t blame you. But until you can don’t expect to be taken seriously.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum