You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Womens World Cup

Womens World Cup

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31Womens World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Womens World Cup on Mon Jun 24 2019, 17:12

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I remember the Japanese goalkeeper pulling off some great saves against England. She's the best I've seen in the tournament so far.

32Womens World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Womens World Cup on Mon Jun 24 2019, 19:11

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I've just watched the women's US v Spain game and although pretty slow it was as good as, and in some cases far better than, any Bolton game I saw last season.

33Womens World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Womens World Cup on Mon Jun 24 2019, 19:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@finlaymcdanger wrote:I've just watched the women's US v Spain game and although pretty slow it was as good as, and in some cases far better than, any Bolton game I saw last season.

Hardly setting a high bar for them to achieve then!

And don't forget the US ladies team is probably the best female team in the world.

34Womens World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Womens World Cup on Mon Jun 24 2019, 19:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:Hardly setting a high bar for them to achieve then!

And don't forget the US ladies team is probably the best female team in the world.

Didn't you say earlier that our youth team would beat any ladies team?

You seem to have changed your tune.

35Womens World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Womens World Cup on Mon Jun 24 2019, 20:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:Hardly setting a high bar for them to achieve then!

Didn't you say earlier that our youth team would beat any ladies team?

You seem to have changed your tune.

Did I, I don't remember saying that and can't be arsed looking back to check.

I've had my say anyway, I think it is fair comment too.

I'll leave it at that.

Enjoy the ladies football if that's your thing, it just doesn't happen to be mine.

36Womens World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Womens World Cup on Mon Jun 24 2019, 22:48

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Sluffy wrote:I've not really been watching it but I did see a bit where the match analysers where chatting, two ex women players and Dion Dublin (I think it was Dublin anyway).  He was almost twice their height and weight!

How can women players be in anyway comparable to the men when playing the same game to the same rules.

Christ I believe one of the women keepers for England is only 5ft 7 inches tall (Mary Earps) - I'd fancy my chances at my age even now to get a header past her from a set piece play.

It's just a joke.

What are you on about?

It’s like comparing Xavi with Vinnie Jones.

37Womens World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Womens World Cup on Mon Jul 01 2019, 13:58

sunlight

sunlight
David Lee
David Lee
The Ladies football has been ace. I am so proud of them all. Very entertaining and so very good. Womens World Cup - Page 2 603197783

38Womens World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Womens World Cup on Mon Jul 01 2019, 14:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@sunlight wrote:The Ladies football has been ace. I am so proud of them all. Very entertaining and so very good. Womens World Cup - Page 2 603197783
I've dipped in and out of it, and I'd be interested to see where it stands 50 years from now.
The game is fast becoming non contact, and I can envisage a time in the future when it would be feasible for men and women to play with, and against, each other.
Sadly, I won't be around to see it.

39Womens World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Womens World Cup on Mon Jul 01 2019, 14:38

sunlight

sunlight
David Lee
David Lee
@boltonbonce wrote:
I've dipped in and out of it, and I'd be interested to see where it stands 50 years from now.
The game is fast becoming non contact, and I can envisage a time in the future when it would be feasible for men and women to play with, and against, each other.
Sadly, I won't be around to see it.

Aye, who knows, it is an interesting thought. in 50 years the female centre backs could be nagging the male midfield to mark the opposing wingers and pull their weight at the back.
I watched the Brazil game against France, and was most particularly impressed with Martas Lipstick. In the video below I think the computer is Asian or something, but it explains. Marta is classy.

40Womens World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Womens World Cup on Tue Jul 02 2019, 09:46

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
must admit I quite like it, but have noticed the 'best' team seems to do an awful lot of falling down and diving. Obviously been watching their male counterparts too much.

41Womens World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Womens World Cup on Tue Jul 02 2019, 22:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Well, it was nice while it lasted.

42Womens World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Womens World Cup on Tue Jul 02 2019, 23:30

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Disappointing but I never thought we would win. Might have been different if the offside goal had counted but to miss another penalty!

43Womens World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Womens World Cup on Tue Jul 02 2019, 23:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Is there only me who things how stupid the England strikers goal celebration is - the one where she makes out she is wearing spectacles?

Surely if you have scored a goal you want people to see your face, not cover it up?

I don't think she thought her celebration through fully - do you?

44Womens World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Womens World Cup on Wed Jul 03 2019, 09:24

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@Sluffy wrote:Is there only me who things how stupid the England strikers goal celebration is - the one where she makes out she is wearing spectacles?

Surely if you have scored a goal you want people to see your face, not cover it up?

If she did that to the referee or linesman she'd get booked.

45Womens World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Womens World Cup on Wed Jul 03 2019, 09:25

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I watched a couple of games but I won't comment on the standard of football itself.
But I thought the refereeing was poor. They need to teach these (women) referees what's a foul and what's a penalty and what's just normal contact

46Womens World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Womens World Cup on Wed Jul 03 2019, 10:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:Is there only me who things how stupid the England strikers goal celebration is - the one where she makes out she is wearing spectacles?

The American goal celebration was sipping a cup of tea. Ouch.

47Womens World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Womens World Cup on Wed Jul 03 2019, 16:21

sunlight

sunlight
David Lee
David Lee
It was Nevilles fault they lost. Bad tactics again. They were a lot better until Neville was allowed in there. No wonder they lost with him in charge.

48Womens World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Womens World Cup on Fri Jul 05 2019, 17:57

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I for one have quite enjoyed the games. They all run like hell and put in a shift with obvious effort and passion. Unlike a certain Men's team I could mention.

49Womens World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Womens World Cup on Sat Jul 06 2019, 16:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@terenceanne wrote:I for one have quite enjoyed the games. They all run like hell and put in a shift with obvious effort and passion. Unlike a certain Men's team I could mention.
Indeed. Brickfeet would have been lucky to be on the bench for any of the competing teams.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum