Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have you ever shouted at a woman?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Have you ever shouted at a woman? Empty Have you ever shouted at a woman? Sun Jun 23 2019, 12:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The story about Boris shouting at his lady friend got me thinking had I ever shouted at a woman and hand on heart I don't think I ever have.

I don't even recall shouting at any men either.

In fact the only time I can think of me shouting is at football and shouting TO players to pass the ball to me, or watch out they are going to be tackled etc - I've never been much of a shouter on the terraces either really, in my youth you joined in with everyone else but as I got older I though what is the point because, 1 - they aren't going to here my voice alone and, 2 - There's probably a few thousand others going to be shouting something similar at the same time anyway.

I've never really been very emotional, I've always been a bit laid back and easy going, so never get angry or passionate enough to lose control of myself and shout at others.

As a father I could never understand parents shouting at their kids and seemingly traumatising them at times, I always took the approach of speaking gently to them from the earliest age, explain why they should do what they've done and they grow up more understanding of what they now have a better understanding of being right and wrong, rather have been brought up by shouty parents where they might now know what right and wrong is but not fully understand why that is - and later on in life rebel against such things as being meaningless to them.

I was also brought up to respect women, old fashion stuff like opening doors for them, paying for everything when you went out, putting your cloak over puddles in the road, etc.

I've certainly had some of my nearest and dearest females scream and shout at me and slam doors and go into sulks and silent periods but never felt the need to shout back myself.

I've even got myself in a few scrapes where blokes have been ranting away at me but I've always found the best way to deescalate stuff like that is by staying calm and speaking normally and not reacting to them.

So no, I've never shouted at a woman and yes I probably think the blokes that do are bullies.

What do you think?

2Have you ever shouted at a woman? Empty Re: Have you ever shouted at a woman? Sun Jun 23 2019, 13:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn’t say that shouting at a woman makes you a bully.

I’ve shouted at the Mrs and she has to me at times and had heated discussions at times but I feel it’s more frustration and passion for what you are arguing about.

We never argued at all until our son arrived and it’s possibly due to stress of it all perhaps.

I agree with your way of bringing up a child and talking to them in a more calmly manner to explain what they did wrong and why it is wrong in what they did.

They should never be smacked etc.

3Have you ever shouted at a woman? Empty Re: Have you ever shouted at a woman? Sun Jun 23 2019, 13:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Desperate.

4Have you ever shouted at a woman? Empty Re: Have you ever shouted at a woman? Sun Jun 23 2019, 13:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Desperate.

Can you elobrate on your one word post please?

5Have you ever shouted at a woman? Empty Re: Have you ever shouted at a woman? Sun Jun 23 2019, 13:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Can you elobrate on your one word post please?

Just what the site needs, parenting advice from Mr Perfect.

If you climbed out of his arse for a few hours you might see it for yourself.

6Have you ever shouted at a woman? Empty Re: Have you ever shouted at a woman? Sun Jun 23 2019, 14:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:Can you elobrate on your one word post please?

Just what the site needs, parenting advice from Mr Perfect.

If you climbed out of his arse for a few hours you might see it for yourself.

Jesus Christ! It’s a bloody forum where people debate things.

Your killing the site springs to mind Nat! Shocked

7Have you ever shouted at a woman? Empty Re: Have you ever shouted at a woman? Sun Jun 23 2019, 14:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Where's the debate here? Sluffy telling us he's never shouted at a woman or a child?

Brilliant. We'll have 100 new posters by lunchtime tomorrow.

8Have you ever shouted at a woman? Empty Re: Have you ever shouted at a woman? Sun Jun 23 2019, 14:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Where's the debate here? Sluffy telling us he's never shouted at a woman or a child?

Brilliant. We'll have 100 new posters by lunchtime tomorrow.

I don't, Boris did - is one of us right and one wrong, does it depend on circumstances, do you do it and wish you didn't, don't you do it and wished you did?

It's not a question of attracting new posters - we aren't, it's more about creating something to chat about amongst ourselves, sparked by something in the national press in regards to more than likely our next Prime Minister is going to be?

Should or next PM be someone who thinks it fine to shout at women - is that a good quality for a PM to have showing - passion, drive, treating them equally to men, or is it bullying, arrogant, distasteful, unchivalrous to treat people in that way, in particular women? 

There's loads to chat about potentially, I'm just trying to give people something to read and hopefully join in with.

Have you ever been shouted at by a man?

9Have you ever shouted at a woman? Empty Re: Have you ever shouted at a woman? Sun Jun 23 2019, 14:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I shouted at my mum last Friday. But she's hard of hearing, so I felt justified.

Many years ago I shouted something very rude at Margaret Thatcher, but I've never classed her as a real woman, so once again felt justified.

10Have you ever shouted at a woman? Empty Re: Have you ever shouted at a woman? Sun Jun 23 2019, 15:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I shouted at my mum last Friday. But she's hard of hearing, so I felt justified.

Many years ago I shouted something very rude at Margaret Thatcher, but I've never classed her as a real woman, so once again felt justified.
Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum