You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers News » Plans for season tickets and signings as Bolton takeover approaches

Plans for season tickets and signings as Bolton takeover approaches

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Wanderers’ potential new owners are ready to hit the ground running.

Firm plans are now in place regarding season tickets and matchday prices for the upcoming League One campaign, with the intention of launching them as quickly as possible when the takeover by the Football Ventures consortium is completed.

It is hoped by the end of this week that a Sale and Purchase agreement can be signed, which will then pave the way for a change of control at the University of Bolton Stadium.

In the meantime, some sense of normality was restored this week as players returned to the training ground and a first pre-season friendly was announced, with Wanderers facing York City at Bootham Crescent on Sunday, July 14.

Another friendly is likely to be confirmed in the next 24 hours as pre-season finally starts to take shape.

Media and marketing staff have worked diligently behind the scenes to prepare the groundwork for new ownership to sign-off and it is understood that experienced football administrator, Paul Aldridge, has said he will help with the handover but has not committed to any long-term position.

Recruitment has also been made a high priority, with just 13 first team and third-year scholars currently on the books.

Part of that will be to provide some clarity on the managerial situation, with Phil Parkinson and his backroom staff still in the dark over whether they will be asked to take charge of the team next season.

The takeover has been packed into an eight-week process and remains on schedule but it is understood, however, that Football Ventures will not be backed by Cheshire-based businessman Parminder Basran, who is set to step down as a director of the company.

Having been at the forefront of the bid to buy Wanderers solvent earlier this year, Basran’s involvement was already expected to be heavily reduced in the current Brittan-led offer.

His departure does not have any bearing of the takeover and was known before their announcement as preferred bidders on Monday.

Meanwhile, Middlebrook owner, Peter Emerson Jones, has distanced himself from a consortium involving Laurence Bassini, who announced at the weekend they planned to buy the club.

“I would like to confirm that we have not had any dealings with this gentleman, Mr Bassini, in any bid or with any of his associated companies,” he said, in a statement to us yesterday.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum