You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Something a bit different to chat about - Advertisements and how they manipulate us!

Something a bit different to chat about - Advertisements and how they manipulate us!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
I quite like stuff like this, it gets you thinking.

Certainly worth a watch if you can spare about four minutes of your time, its simply explained and will change your views for ever on every advert you see from now on - and for the better.

A big claim from me - but am I right or is this just me doing an advert to get you to watch the clip below?

There's only one way to find out!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
I learned many years ago to look at the backgrounds of adverts whilst they're running. Sometimes they can be very funny. The Meerkat ones used to be good for that, but not so much now. 
Also, I watch the women's hair make-up and hair adverts with interest. Are their customers really as small-minded and vain as they imply ?  Even better than this, how many stupid and meaningless new chemicals and ingredients can they use during the advert?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
I can't remember how I became a suspicious person, always questioning what people meant rather than what they said, probably it was how I was brought up - but also I used to play a great deal of chess as a child and one of the golden rules I learned quickly was to ask myself why my opponent played the move they did rather than any other one - they had to have a reason, but what was it?

Whatever it was set me up for life to think around issues, than to take them at face value, and always to look before you leap.

Almost certainly why I now can never relate to those who love the instantaneous of social media and feel the need to accept what they read rather than think about it and check things out for themselves.

I enjoyed the clip above but find it hard to believe that people buy into 'ads' as described - but since the advertisers carry on making them and their products sell, then it most be true that many, many people do.  Certainly you only have to read some of the vast number of people on social media not comprehending how Companies work, yet screaming as to what should be done - is frankly unbelievable to me and completely shows how much ignorance of even basic facts or understanding people have on things - I'm thinking of course about the Administrators/FV in particular.

You only need a few well placed 'advertisements' such as Nixon's tweets to stir the emotions up and start the panic/lynch mobs off - irrespective that 90% (or more) of Nixon's being proved completely wrong when looking back in retrospect.

Moral of the story being don't believe everything you see in the ads - or read on social media!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You'll enjoy this one Sluffy. Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Some people actually believe that Bolton Wanderers will play Wycombe Wanderers on Saturday.

Amazing!!!!

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Never seen the Apple add or the Gnu but Nichol certainly cant forget her.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Angry Dad wrote:Never seen the Apple add or the Gnu but Nichol certainly cant forget her.
I AGREE.

Ah Papa!!!!

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I would rather watch the old Timotei advert. Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight

sunlight
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
I dont watch the adverts, usually at program breaks I am ordering from Deliveroo.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@sunlight wrote:I dont watch the adverts, usually at program breaks I am ordering from Deliveroo.
You must be the size of a beach whale then with all the adverts there are on tv these days!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Some of the ads are classics.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight

sunlight
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
@karlypants wrote:
@sunlight wrote:I dont watch the adverts, usually at program breaks I am ordering from Deliveroo.
You must be the size of a beach whale then with all the adverts there are on tv these days!
I havent had a take away in over a decade. My post was paradoxical. The irony of claiming that I dont watch adverts yet  advertising a company inside the same post. Incidentally I dont watch adverts neither.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Very Happy

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum