You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers News » Bolton striker Josh Magennis refuses to travel to Wycombe

Bolton striker Josh Magennis refuses to travel to Wycombe

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Josh Magennis will not be with the Bolton Wanderers squad for their opening game of the new season at Wycombe Wanderers after refusing to travel.
The striker informed manager Phil Parkinson of his decision having handed in his 14-day notice to terminate the end of his contract, which has been appealed by the club.

The Northern Ireland international wants to see out the two weeks before making a decision on his future with several clubs having been linked with a move for the 28-year-old.

Magennis’ move comes despite wages being paid to contracted Wanderers players on Friday as the final details of the Football Ventures consortium’s takeover are ironed out.

His refusal to make the trip to Adams Park could in theory lead to some form of punishment being laid down with a fine of two weeks’ wages one option available.

That decision will likely lie with the new owners once the takeover is completed.
Magennis may not be at Wycombe but Parkinson will be able to use a smattering of senior players – Remi Matthews, Jason Lowe, Luke Murphy, Dennis Politic and Erhun Oztumer among them – supplemented by youth team players in the League One opener.

Once the change of ownership is finalised the club will be looking to sign around 15 players before the end of the transfer window, several of those already lined up.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17813000.bolton-striker-josh-magennis-refuses-travel-wycombe/

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Will  he be missed? Not really.
I'd agree to terminate his contract and then tell him to piss off and try and get a job somewhere else.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@rammywhite wrote:Will  he be missed? Not really.
I'd agree to terminate his contract and then tell him to piss off and try and get a job somewhere else.

That's the problem he has!

If we force him to stay at the club - and as far as I know his wages were paid within the 14 day notice period to walk away from BWFC, then we can ask for a transfer fee.  

If he walks away he gets the transfer fee himself (well he will get a bigger pay deal on signing).

The club he hopes to go to (Celtic) are unlikely to pay a fee AND pay him top wages as well - it's one or the other.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@Sluffy wrote:
@rammywhite wrote:Will  he be missed? Not really.
I'd agree to terminate his contract and then tell him to piss off and try and get a job somewhere else.

That's the problem he has!

If we force him to stay at the club - and as far as I know his wages were paid within the 14 day notice period to walk away from BWFC, then we can ask for a transfer fee.  

If he walks away he gets the transfer fee himself (well he will get a bigger pay deal on signing).

The club he hopes to go to (Celtic) are unlikely to pay a fee AND pay him top wages as well - it's one or the other.


I hadn't heard he wants to go to Celtic but if he does then he's sorely deluded. With Griffiths back at Parkhead and Edouard and Sinclair on form he hasn't a chance of even making their second team. The last thing Celtic need is a carthorse like Magennis

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
His form dived massively once the financial situation turned last year and he’d be a decent enough player for us in this division.

In a way can’t blame him for wanting to go, in another fuck him if he doesn’t want to be here - far from irreplaceable.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@rammywhite wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:
@rammywhite wrote:Will  he be missed? Not really.
I'd agree to terminate his contract and then tell him to piss off and try and get a job somewhere else.

That's the problem he has!

If we force him to stay at the club - and as far as I know his wages were paid within the 14 day notice period to walk away from BWFC, then we can ask for a transfer fee.  

If he walks away he gets the transfer fee himself (well he will get a bigger pay deal on signing).

The club he hopes to go to (Celtic) are unlikely to pay a fee AND pay him top wages as well - it's one or the other.


I hadn't heard he wants to go to Celtic but if he does then he's sorely deluded. With Griffiths back at Parkhead and Edouard and Sinclair on form he hasn't a chance of even making their second team. The last thing Celtic need is a carthorse like Magennis

Sorry, you are right, I meant to say Rangers -

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/rangers/rangers-in-talks-over-swoop-for-northern-ireland-striker-josh-magennis-38201766.html

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum