Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

HOME MATCH TICKETS

+12
Cajunboy
finlaymcdanger
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
Jack Russell
boltonbonce
Norpig
wessy
Sluffy
Growler
BoltonTillIDie
Bolton Nuts
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31HOME MATCH TICKETS - Page 3 Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Thu Aug 08 2019, 13:43

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Norpig wrote:Oi KP what's going on? Real Northerners say dinnertime and not Lunch  Very Happy
And know what a barm cake is. I had a right palaver getting one when I went south.

We're all on a vegan paleo diet down here, Bonce. I'm starving!

32HOME MATCH TICKETS - Page 3 Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Thu Aug 08 2019, 14:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Norpig wrote:Oi KP what's going on? Real Northerners say dinnertime and not Lunch  Very Happy
And know what a barm cake is. I had a right palaver getting one when I went south.

Sod that. Pasty on a barm. Sorted. Very Happy

33HOME MATCH TICKETS - Page 3 Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Thu Aug 08 2019, 14:07

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
I grew up in Bolton and always knew them as Flour Cakes.

34HOME MATCH TICKETS - Page 3 Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Thu Aug 08 2019, 14:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

Sod that. Pasty on a barm. Sorted. Very Happy
Don’t forget the salad cream!

35HOME MATCH TICKETS - Page 3 Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Thu Aug 08 2019, 15:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Cajunboy wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
I grew up in Bolton and always knew them as Flour Cakes.

Me also.

It was only when I went working in Leigh that I'd ever heard them called barm cakes.

I just assumed that's what folk there called them.

36HOME MATCH TICKETS - Page 3 Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Thu Aug 08 2019, 15:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scotch morning rolls?

37HOME MATCH TICKETS - Page 3 Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Thu Aug 08 2019, 16:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dad called them flour cakes. Mum, from Salford, called them barm cakes. 

Flour cakes always seemed different to me. Fluffier than a barm.

38HOME MATCH TICKETS - Page 3 Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Thu Aug 08 2019, 17:35

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Whist PiesPies and Pastries. North West. Very small (two-bite) raised hot-water double-crust pies of slightly oval form, filled with spiced salt meat and jelly. Lower bake than Melton Mowbray, the filling may be cured pork or minced beef, often with bacon and almost invariably with a pork jelly.

When I moved to Knott End-on-Sea a very long time ago they looked at me in stunned amazement when i asked for half a dozen Whist pies.

It seems they called them a Dinky. ( of Yorkshire origin, I think)

39HOME MATCH TICKETS - Page 3 Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Thu Aug 08 2019, 17:40

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Probably very nice on a buttered Flour Cake.

40HOME MATCH TICKETS - Page 3 Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Thu Aug 08 2019, 18:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Whist PiesPies and Pastries. North West. Very small (two-bite) raised hot-water double-crust pies of slightly oval form, filled with spiced salt meat and jelly. Lower bake than Melton Mowbray, the filling may be cured pork or minced beef, often with bacon and almost invariably with a pork jelly.

When I moved to Knott End-on-Sea a very long time ago they looked at me in stunned amazement when i asked for half a dozen Whist pies.

It seems they called them a Dinky. ( of Yorkshire origin, I think)
Whist pies bring back a few memories. My dad was a butcher and used to make his own. Probably why I became a veggie.

41HOME MATCH TICKETS - Page 3 Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Thu Aug 08 2019, 18:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nowt wrong with a bit of offal.

42HOME MATCH TICKETS - Page 3 Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Thu Aug 08 2019, 19:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm waiting. Still.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

43HOME MATCH TICKETS - Page 3 Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Fri Aug 09 2019, 10:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just been announced tickets are now on sale priced at £20 so a slight reduction. Can't pay on the door though and the ticket website is busy already and i'm in a queue!

44HOME MATCH TICKETS - Page 3 Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Fri Aug 09 2019, 11:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton and Coventry fans can buy tickets 28 hours before kick-off!

TICKETS for Wanderers’ game against Coventry City have now gone on sale – just 28 hours before kick-off!
There will be NO facility to pay on the day – and fans are being strongly advised to print at home to avoid queues for collection tomorrow.
Ticket prices have now been reduced to £20 for adults and £10 for all concessions.
The club has apologised for inconveniences caused to both sets of fans and has confirmed that only the lower tiers of the stadium will be open for the game.

To order your ticket online visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - there are no booking fees applied to online orders.

Supporters who require wheelchair access or disability seating must book their ticket and carer’s ticket in person at the ticket office or via the telephone calling 0844 871 2932, selecting option 2 then option 1. Disability access tickets are not available online.
Bolton Central will be open late until 8pm this evening for supporters who wish to buy their tickets in person.
The ‘print at home’ facility allows supporters to have their match ticket sent direct to a designated email address, which can then be printed at home or at work. This will enable supporters to gain entry at the University of Bolton Stadium turnstiles, without the need to queue to collect their ticket.

Tickets MUST be collected in person if the print at home delivery method is not selected.
The club has promised to provide information about the rest of the season in due course.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

45HOME MATCH TICKETS - Page 3 Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Fri Aug 09 2019, 11:34

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:Bolton and Coventry fans can buy tickets 28 hours before kick-off!

TICKETS for Wanderers’ game against Coventry City have now gone on sale – just 28 hours before kick-off!
There will be NO facility to pay on the day – and fans are being strongly advised to print at home to avoid queues for collection tomorrow.
Ticket prices have now been reduced to £20 for adults and £10 for all concessions.
The club has apologised for inconveniences caused to both sets of fans and has confirmed that only the lower tiers of the stadium will be open for the game.

To order your ticket online visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - there are no booking fees applied to online orders.

Supporters who require wheelchair access or disability seating must book their ticket and carer’s ticket in person at the ticket office or via the telephone calling 0844 871 2932, selecting option 2 then option 1. Disability access tickets are not available online.
Bolton Central will be open late until 8pm this evening for supporters who wish to buy their tickets in person.
The ‘print at home’ facility allows supporters to have their match ticket sent direct to a designated email address, which can then be printed at home or at work. This will enable supporters to gain entry at the University of Bolton Stadium turnstiles, without the need to queue to collect their ticket.

Tickets MUST be collected in person if the print at home delivery method is not selected.
The club has promised to provide information about the rest of the season in due course.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks for the information Sluffy- but they can piss off. For the first time in almost half a century I'm not going.  I'm not paying £20 to watch dross and also from the lower tier. I've had my seat in the Upper  tier from the first match in the new stadium, and when they get their act together I might turn up again. But certainly not tomorrow.

46HOME MATCH TICKETS - Page 3 Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Fri Aug 09 2019, 12:00

rogercpc

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Never thought I would hear Knott End on this forum! I moved to Knott End in 1962.  There was nothing there then, a few houses scattered around.  Now on Google earth it looks as though it has become quite the metropolis.

47HOME MATCH TICKETS - Page 3 Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Fri Aug 09 2019, 12:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ticket purchased!

48HOME MATCH TICKETS - Page 3 Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Fri Aug 09 2019, 12:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

rammywhite wrote:
Thanks for the information Sluffy- but they can piss off. For the first time in almost half a century I'm not going.  I'm not paying £20 to watch dross and also from the lower tier. I've had my seat in the Upper  tier from the first match in the new stadium, and when they get their act together I might turn up again. But certainly not tomorrow.

To be honest I don't think there will be much of a difference for the rest of the season in that the players we are being linked to seem to be kids, players who have never made it at other teams because they weren't good enough or injury prone, or simply have got too old for other teams to want.

I also suspect the top tier will be closed more often than not simply to keep the costs down.

You've always got Radio Nuts to fall back on though - if Karly doesn't go away on holiday again halfway through the season!

Very Happy

49HOME MATCH TICKETS - Page 3 Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Fri Aug 09 2019, 12:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't even support Bolton but I'll be there. No box, sadly.

50HOME MATCH TICKETS - Page 3 Empty Re: HOME MATCH TICKETS Fri Aug 09 2019, 13:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't even support Bolton but I'll be there. No box, sadly.
A shame your box is not available Nat. It would have filled up in no time for a party!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum