You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » The beauty of the world

The beauty of the world

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The beauty of the world Empty The beauty of the world on Tue Aug 13 2019, 13:17

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I love the enduring beauty of the natural world but am depressed about the ugliness of modern mankind. 

Architecture, fashion, the media, language, manners, art, literature, general behaviour, politics, crime, world leadership, morality, kindness and social media etc have largely given way to ugly trends and fail to lead us to become a better, more civilised world. 

Our nations' leaders, in particular, are predominantly vile, aggressive role-models. TV and film, brilliant though they are, inevitably reflect the way the world is "developing".

 Has it always been like this or am I just imagining that man's capacity for improving the planet is currently in major decline?

2The beauty of the world Empty Re: The beauty of the world on Tue Aug 13 2019, 13:37

sunlight

sunlight
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
I agree with a lot of what you say. I cant speak for the world, but this country started to go downhill a few decades ago. The speed of life now, to me, is unacceptable, and I will not keep rushing around on the whim of what other people have caused.
All we can do is put it up to ourselves as independant individuals to set realistic goals, stay out of debt, stay away from alcohol and other causes of grief and trouble.
I was so busy I had to go to a Buddist and seek a bit of learning. I was taught how to breathe and how to meditate, which I meditate as many times as I can during the day.
Buddism, in terms of mental well being has never been so valid.
Look after yourself and be good to others.

3The beauty of the world Empty Re: The beauty of the world on Tue Aug 13 2019, 14:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The modern world seems a very mean spirited place. I try to fight my corner.

As Mark Twain said, 'Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life'.
A wise man indeed.

4The beauty of the world Empty Re: The beauty of the world on Tue Aug 13 2019, 15:01

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
It may look breathtaking to us in the wild but nature is evil and ugly there is nothing at all nice about it. The Cities well they have not got much longer all these vehicles, people, babies, it's not sustainable. America, Russia, China, India, Middle East all going to be destroyed sooner than we know and it will happen early morning. People really do need to prepare for it by that i mean call up the brother you have not spoken to for 30 years etc. It is a very ugly dirty filthy world and it needs cleaning. Attenborough NO Snakes, gators, sharks,etc are not beautiful or magnificent they are vile creatures, ideally the world should be left with only grazing creatures but then they will die of horribly of illness so it would be better for it all to go in one big bang.

5The beauty of the world Empty Re: The beauty of the world on Tue Aug 13 2019, 15:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Greed is the issue.

6The beauty of the world Empty Re: The beauty of the world on Tue Aug 13 2019, 15:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Angry Dad wrote:It may look breathtaking to us in the wild but nature is evil and ugly there is nothing at all nice about it. The Cities well they have not got much longer all these vehicles, people, babies, it's not sustainable. America, Russia, China, India, Middle East all going to be destroyed sooner than we know and it will happen early morning. People really do need to prepare for it by that i mean call up the brother you have not spoken to for 30 years etc. It is a very ugly dirty filthy world and it needs cleaning. Attenborough NO Snakes, gators, sharks,etc are not beautiful or magnificent they are vile creatures, ideally the world should be left with only grazing creatures but then they will die of horribly of illness so it would be better for it all to go in one big bang.

7The beauty of the world Empty Re: The beauty of the world on Tue Aug 13 2019, 15:40

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@boltonbonce wrote:
@Angry Dad wrote:It may look breathtaking to us in the wild but nature is evil and ugly there is nothing at all nice about it. The Cities well they have not got much longer all these vehicles, people, babies, it's not sustainable. America, Russia, China, India, Middle East all going to be destroyed sooner than we know and it will happen early morning. People really do need to prepare for it by that i mean call up the brother you have not spoken to for 30 years etc. It is a very ugly dirty filthy world and it needs cleaning. Attenborough NO Snakes, gators, sharks,etc are not beautiful or magnificent they are vile creatures, ideally the world should be left with only grazing creatures but then they will die of horribly of illness so it would be better for it all to go in one big bang.
Where do you get this stuff Bonce??

8The beauty of the world Empty Re: The beauty of the world on Tue Aug 13 2019, 15:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Angry Dad wrote:Where do you get this stuff Bonce??

Don't encourage him.

9The beauty of the world Empty Re: The beauty of the world on Tue Aug 13 2019, 16:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@Angry Dad wrote:Where do you get this stuff Bonce??

Don't encourage him.
Very Happy

10The beauty of the world Empty Re: The beauty of the world on Tue Aug 13 2019, 16:21

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Yes, animals can be both vicious and beautiful....cheetahs, eagles, bears etc are stunning to look at but most creatures kill to feed themselves, whereas man's motives for taking life are very different.

Not sure we have moved on from the 1930's world of "Of Mice and Men" where the idyllic setting is ignored by men who, with one heroic exception, are mean to each other. Their behaviour sullies God's world.

Tranquil lakes and rivers, woodland settings, flowers, the skies, birdsong, stars, mountains were what I meant by the beauty of the natural world.

11The beauty of the world Empty Re: The beauty of the world on Tue Aug 13 2019, 16:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@Angry Dad wrote:Where do you get this stuff Bonce??

Don't encourage him.
Surely everyone knows Mr Rogers?

12The beauty of the world Empty Re: The beauty of the world on Wed Aug 14 2019, 12:49

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I don't think it is sensible to call animals evil or cruel because they eat other animals. Carnivores have no choice. As a meat eater I have no moral problem if the animals are treated humanely and killed painlessly but I consider killing animals for pleasure to be both cruel and evil. The people who shoot grouse or trophy animals or go fox hunting are sick fucks.

13The beauty of the world Empty Re: The beauty of the world on Wed Aug 14 2019, 16:05

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
XM, I agree with you, however, there is the argument that grouse and tropy animals help to keep thousands in employment, and help families to survive. So is it the same survival principle, just one step removed ?

14The beauty of the world Empty Re: The beauty of the world on Wed Aug 14 2019, 16:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:XM, I agree with you, however, there is the argument that grouse and tropy animals help to keep thousands in employment, and help families to survive. So is it the same survival principle, just one step removed ?

15The beauty of the world Empty Re: The beauty of the world on Wed Aug 14 2019, 16:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Certainly keeps criminals in work.

16The beauty of the world Empty Re: The beauty of the world on Wed Aug 14 2019, 17:57

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@gloswhite wrote:XM, I agree with you, however, there is the argument that grouse and tropy animals help to keep thousands in employment, and help families to survive. So is it the same survival principle, just one step removed ?

Bonce has already replied but I think you know this is a bullshit argument that was previously used by the fox hunters and their supporters. You might as well argue that we should not have abolished hanging because it made the hangman unemployed.

Killing animals for fun is evil and there is no moral justification for it. Morally what is the difference between some yob shooting a duck with an airgun and some rich twat shooting grouse?

17The beauty of the world Empty Re: The beauty of the world on Wed Aug 14 2019, 18:04

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@xmiles wrote:I don't think it is sensible to call animals evil or cruel because they eat other animals. Carnivores have no choice. As a meat eater I have no moral problem if the animals are treated humanely and killed painlessly but I consider killing animals for pleasure to be both cruel and evil. The people who shoot grouse or trophy animals or go fox hunting are sick fucks.

Xmiles- I agree with you entirely.

18The beauty of the world Empty Re: The beauty of the world on Wed Aug 14 2019, 18:05

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@okocha wrote:

Tranquil lakes and rivers, woodland settings, flowers, the skies, birdsong, stars, mountains were what I meant by the beauty of the natural world.
Okocha,
You've just described Ramsbottom!!

19The beauty of the world Empty Re: The beauty of the world on Wed Aug 14 2019, 18:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The world wasn't very beautiful this morning. I took a walk up to Risley Moss, and on the way was confronted by a large, and rather belligerent doberman.
It was off its leash, and was being hotly pursued by its owner. It took a seemingly instant dislike to me, stopped dead in its tracks, then started inching towards me with bared teeth.
The owner had just about caught up and managed to say, between gulps of air, 'It's alright, he won't bite you. Just reason with him'.
REASON WITH HIM!? 
Reasoned debate didn't seem to be the first thing on the dogs mind anyway, and my own thoughts had begun straying to wondering how medical science had progressed with regard to the reattachment
of goolies.
Fortunately, for me, and my goolies, the dog was distracted by a passing cyclist, allowing the owner to get it back on its leash.
She apologised, and insisted that I was never in any danger. I thanked her, but suggested it might be wise to keep her dog under control.
I'll be very watchful from now on. I fear the beast will remember me.

20The beauty of the world Empty Re: The beauty of the world on Wed Aug 14 2019, 19:28

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Bit of name-dropping here:- I know Chris Packham's step-daughter, a lovely, intelligent girl and a fierce opponent of those who try to defend fox-hunting. She knows so much about the subject, thanks to her step-father, that she can argue into oblivion anyone that tries to make a case for the continuation of field "sports".

21The beauty of the world Empty Re: The beauty of the world on Wed Aug 14 2019, 19:34

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@rammywhite wrote:
@okocha wrote:

Tranquil lakes and rivers, woodland settings, flowers, the skies, birdsong, stars, mountains were what I meant by the beauty of the natural world.
Okocha,
You've just described Ramsbottom!!


"Mountains", Rammy!!??   Hills, maybe! Cool....  but, yes, it's a picturesque spot. I was brought up in Summerseat/Holcombe Brook. Loved it.

22The beauty of the world Empty Re: The beauty of the world on Wed Aug 14 2019, 20:32

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Okocha, thanks for your lovely elegant rant on the state of mankind I take a lot of comfort knowing that it's not just me.

In short, 99% of people...complete bastards. I don't know if I put myself in that 99% or in the other 1%. I'm pretty sure that bitch Whittam will help me decide.

Without wanting to go off on a tangent, I never feel more like this than in the morning on the train to Manchester, then at half 5 on the train back. The trains are like something from the third world, some of them are quite literally broken-up-and-stuck-back-together buses from the 80's. Somebody is making a fucking killing, and who that can actually do anything about it really gives a shit?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum