Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Parky has resigned!

+9
gloswhite
Norpig
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
rammywhite
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
bryan458
BoltonTillIDie
13 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Parky has resigned! Empty Parky has resigned! Wed Aug 21 2019, 18:33

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

PHIL Parkinson and Steve Parkin have parted company with Bolton Wanderers.

It is understood the pair told administrators before last weekend’s defeat at Tranmere Rovers they intended to leave the club and will not be in the dugout for this Saturday’s home clash with Ipswich Town.

Speaking to The Bolton News, Parkinson confirmed he had spoken to the League Manager’s Association and added: “I felt it was the right time to go”.

Jimmy Phillips looks set to be handed the reins part-time as Wanderers begin the search for a new manager.

Goalkeeper coach Lee Butler, fitness coach Nick Allamby and physio Matt Barrass are expected to remain in position until further notice.

Parkinson was the 15th longest-serving manager in the EFL, having served for three years and 70 days since his arrival from Bradford City.

The 51-year-old has taken charge of 156 matches in league and cup, leading Wanderers to promotion from League One in his first season with a last-day victory against Peterborough United despite spending the entire campaign in a transfer embargo.

Parkinson then helped keep the club in the Championship – courtesy of another last-day victory, this time against Nottingham Forest – having not spent a single penny on transfers.

His third full season lurched from one disaster to another as pay problems, player strikes and the disintegration of Ken Anderson’s ownership led to administration in May, by which time the club had been relegated back to the third tier.

Parkinson agreed to stay on and assist the administrators over the summer but again encountered problems as a delay in selling the club forced him to field the youngest-ever Bolton line-up for the 0-0 draw against Coventry City.

The Bolton News has learned that Parkinson and his assistant manager Parkin made up their mind to leave after the takeover failed to materialise on August 8, when Laurence Bassini successfully gained a High Court injunction to stop the deal in its tracks.

Potential new owners Football Ventures did attempt to convince Parkinson and Parkin to stay but with work to be done in the transfer window the pair felt now was the right time to go.

A spokesperson for Bolton Wanderers Football Club said this evening: "The club has received the notice of resignation from manager Phil Parkinson and assistant manager Steve Parkin and the matter is being considered."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Parky has resigned! Empty Re: Parky has resigned! Wed Aug 21 2019, 18:37

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

See things are looking up !!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

3Parky has resigned! Empty Re: Parky has resigned! Wed Aug 21 2019, 19:11

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

4Parky has resigned! Empty Re: Parky has resigned! Wed Aug 21 2019, 19:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Martin's finally got his wish come true.

I'm fearful of the worst now however if he's finally given up.

If the court case isn't resolved on the 2nd September and gets adjourned again then I think all the dominoes will begin to topple and I can't see anything stopping FV pulling out and no one funding the club to continue until a another buyer can be found.

Hope I'm wrong obviously.

5Parky has resigned! Empty Re: Parky has resigned! Wed Aug 21 2019, 19:14

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think this is another sad day in this ongoing and seemingly endless fiasco. Parkinson has behaved impeccably throughout these events and has carried himself with dignity. I would heap praise on him and Parkin for the way that they have behaved. He deserves a far better employer than we have proved to be and I hope that he gets fixed up soon with another club.

6Parky has resigned! Empty Re: Parky has resigned! Wed Aug 21 2019, 19:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Awful. No loyality in the game anymore.

7Parky has resigned! Empty Re: Parky has resigned! Wed Aug 21 2019, 20:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shit.

8Parky has resigned! Empty Re: Parky has resigned! Wed Aug 21 2019, 21:10

Horrible news. The only stable figure at the club and his staff, can’t blame him but we feel completely rudderless now.

9Parky has resigned! Empty Re: Parky has resigned! Wed Aug 21 2019, 22:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was not a fan of his playing style but he has conducted himself amazingly well with all the shit that has come his way. 
You could tell from his last few press comments that he was at the end of his tether and you can hardly blame him for going, i'm only surprised it took him this long.

With the playing squad as it is then it makes sense to let Phillips, Lee and Darby take over for now as i can't see us making many signings before 2nd September.

10Parky has resigned! Empty Re: Parky has resigned! Thu Aug 22 2019, 09:35

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I wish them both well. Were really up the creek now.  I'm also surprised how long he remained at the club. All in all, a good man.

11Parky has resigned! Empty Re: Parky has resigned! Thu Aug 22 2019, 10:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I wish them both well. Were really up the creek now.  I'm also surprised how long he remained at the club. All in all, a good man.
Jim White says he got in touch with Parky this morning, but he was too emotional to speak.

Like many others, I'm surprised he stuck it out so long. I wish Parky and Parkin well for the future.

12Parky has resigned! Empty Re: Parky has resigned! Thu Aug 22 2019, 10:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The club have confirmed they have both left now but they were hardly likely to turn it down were they? No official mention of who replaces him for now but presume it's Phillips and Lee?

13Parky has resigned! Empty Re: Parky has resigned! Thu Aug 22 2019, 11:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Club Statement: Phil Parkinson and Steve Parkin

A Club Spokesperson said: “It is with great reluctance that Bolton Wanderers Football Club has accepted the resignations of Manager Phil Parkinson and Assistant Manager Steve Parkin from their positions at the University of Bolton Stadium.
“During what has been one of the most challenging periods in the club’s existence, both Phil and Steve conducted themselves with the utmost professionalism and dignity throughout.

“In their first season at the helm, following their arrival from Bradford City in the summer of 2016, they guided Bolton Wanderers to automatic promotion to the Sky Bet Championship at the first attempt whilst operating under a transfer embargo.

“Against all the odds, they helped to preserve the club’s Championship status the following season on the final day of the campaign with a memorable last gasp victory against Nottingham Forest.

“Everybody at Bolton Wanderers Football Club would like to thank Phil and Steve for their dedication and loyalty and we wish them the very best for the future.

“They leave the University of Bolton Stadium with their heads held high.”

The Club can confirm that Academy Manager Jimmy Phillips will take charge of first team training in the interim.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

14Parky has resigned! Empty Re: Parky has resigned! Thu Aug 22 2019, 11:35

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have no ill will against the man himself, just never liked his hoofball type of shit he served up in his time here, wish him well for the future, just happy that his future is somewhere else.

15Parky has resigned! Empty Re: Parky has resigned! Thu Aug 22 2019, 12:11

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Handled himself with class throughout this fiasco. Good luck to him.

As for the football, Hopefully that's it for the hoofball.

He may suspect there will not be a club to work for anyway.....as do I

16Parky has resigned! Empty Re: Parky has resigned! Thu Aug 22 2019, 13:08

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha ha remember when everyone thought Jimmy was the man to take us back to the prem.

Simply because he's played for us.

17Parky has resigned! Empty Re: Parky has resigned! Thu Aug 22 2019, 19:02

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm sad but not surprised that Parkinson and Parkin have quit. Like everyone I think Phil has shown incredible dignity, loyalty and courage throughout this process and the fact he's now decided enough is enough troubles me a lot. If even he can't see light at the end of the tunnel then I truly fear the club is actually doomed to extinction now.

18Parky has resigned! Empty Re: Parky has resigned! Fri Aug 23 2019, 10:32

Danno

Danno
David Ngog
David Ngog

I wish nothing but the best for the both of them, just worrying that clearly, even a strong character like Parky has given up on us!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum