Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers optimistic of avoiding worse case scenario

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Positive dialogue has taken place between Ken Anderson and the Eddie Davies Trust as Wanderers race to save themselves from liquidation.

The Bolton News understands the two parties, whose disagreement derailed the Football Ventures consortium’s bid on Friday night, are now closer to an agreement which would get it back on track.

Overnight the Kamani brothers, owners of the online fashion chain BooHoo.com and Pretty Little Thing, distanced themselves from a deal for the club and hotel.

A Manchester-based property magnate who has links to the family has also been pushed into the public domain – but the administrator for the club maintains there has been only one full bid made thus far, that of Football Ventures.

The EFL have given Wanderers until 5pm this evening to get the sale of the club sorted, or provide proof they can continue in administration, or they have the option of issuing notice to withdraw membership.

Administrators said on Monday that should a resolution not be found quickly they would commence proceedings to liquidate the business.

Administrator, Paul Appleton, released the following statement this morning: “Following my statement of yesterday morning, I am glad to report there is continuing dialogue between the parties whose positions will ultimately decide the fate of the club.

“Myself and my team will continue to do everything possible to facilitate a deal and we will work tirelessly to get this finalised for the club, fans, staff and wider community.

“The future of Bolton Wanderers is still in doubt but I have to believe there can be a positive outcome before today’s 5pm deadline set by the EFL. “

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum