Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Election

+15
Natasha Whittam
sunlight
okocha
observer
karlypants
Norpig
Cajunboy
wanderlust
Angry Dad
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
boltonbonce
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 24]

331General Election - Page 18 Empty Re: General Election Sun Dec 08 2019, 20:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Seems to be the typical response from Tory voters to point at perceived Labour failures and instead of Tory positives.

What are you expecting a Boris government to do for you?

Don't ignore the question. Who are you voting for, and why?

332General Election - Page 18 Empty Re: General Election Sun Dec 08 2019, 20:46

Im voting Labour, the only party with a sensible policy on Brexit and the only party who will rebalance society.

Over to you.

333General Election - Page 18 Empty Re: General Election Sun Dec 08 2019, 20:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Im voting Labour, the only party with a sensible policy on Brexit and the only party who will rebalance society.

Over to you.

I'm voting Tory because they are the only party that will deliver Brexit. If Labour gets in it will drag on even longer.

334General Election - Page 18 Empty Re: General Election Sun Dec 08 2019, 21:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ann Widdecombe turned up on the telly the other day, proclaiming her devotion to Farage. I hadn't seen her for a long time, and it rather put me off my grub.
She's looking more and more like a cross between Danny DeVito and Margaret Rutherford, but I think I'll be able to cope if I limit myself to radio for the duration.

335General Election - Page 18 Empty Re: General Election Sun Dec 08 2019, 21:50

Delivery what though? A withdrawal agreement that batters our economy followed by years of trade talks. A Tory Brexit will drag on far longer than a pragmatic Brexit which keeps us in the customs union.

It’s time to get real and find a sensible solution.

336General Election - Page 18 Empty Re: General Election Sun Dec 08 2019, 22:03

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sky's Sophie Ridge interviews Boris and asks him what is the naughtiest thing he's ever done. 

He prevaricates for 20 minutes and then "inspiration came to him. There may have been one or two occasions on which he had ridden his bicycle on the pavement. Something he deeply regretted and would be punishable with a whole life sentence under a new Conservative law and order crackdown.
“Cycling on a pavement?” a startled Ridge repeated. Did the prime minister really think that was a more serious offence than conspiring to get a journalist beaten up? Or undermining Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe’s hopes of freedom? Or being sacked for making up stories as a journalist?
Or being sacked as a minister for lying to his party leader about his affair with Petronella Wyatt? Or lying to the Queen? Or wilfully inflicting a Brexit deal on the country in which even he didn’t believe? Or refusing to take responsibility for numerous affairs and children? Or using racist and sexist language? Or his curious relationship with Jennifer Arcuri?
And as these were just the misdemeanours that were a matter of public record, presumably he was more than happy to admit to them all. Clearly nothing in there to give a normally functioning lying sociopath a sleepless night." (John Crace)

337General Election - Page 18 Empty Re: General Election Sun Dec 08 2019, 22:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Delivery what though? A withdrawal agreement that batters our economy followed by years of trade talks.

You might be right, but that's just your opinion, not a fact.

338General Election - Page 18 Empty Re: General Election Sun Dec 08 2019, 22:29

An opinion backed up by facts or experts -

1. The governments own impact analysis predict the damage of this deal - https://qz.com/1733190/what-will-brexit-cost-a-government-report-gives-few-answers/

2. Very few trade experts believe a trade deal can be concluded in 2020
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/06/can-britain-reach-a-trade-deal-with-the-eu-by-the-end-of-2020

Everyone wants Brexit done, I get that. But Get Brexit Done is a slogan, the strategy behind it will achieve nothing of the sort.

339General Election - Page 18 Empty Re: General Election Mon Dec 09 2019, 06:01

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Troy is correct. We will get Brexit done is just a slogan to entice numbskulls to vote Tory.

What is ironic is that the very people who will be enticed by that are the same people who would need a Labour government the most.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

340General Election - Page 18 Empty Re: General Election Mon Dec 09 2019, 12:57

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Biggie wrote:Troy is correct. We will get Brexit done is just a slogan to entice numbskulls to vote Tory.

What is ironic is that the very people who will be enticed by that are the same people who would need a Labour government the most.
Sorry Biggie, you're way off the mark their. 
I vote Tory, I'm not a numbskull, and in the past, Labour have never given me all the things they say they will, even though they seem to be getting rid of the nations money at an astonishing rate. 
Even though we don't know whats going to happen fully with Brexit, we do know what will happen with a Corbyn government in charge, and it will be  drawn out, and very painful. If he manages to do a tenth of what he promises, then I shall seriously consider voting him in again. (although I think I'm safe on that one )  Very Happy

341General Election - Page 18 Empty Re: General Election Mon Dec 09 2019, 13:05

Glos, do you mind me asking what it is you hope the Tory party will deliver for you?

342General Election - Page 18 Empty Re: General Election Mon Dec 09 2019, 16:46

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

gloswhite wrote:
Biggie wrote:Troy is correct. We will get Brexit done is just a slogan to entice numbskulls to vote Tory.

I vote Tory, I'm not a numbskull, and in the past, Labour have never given me all the things they say they will, even though they seem to be getting rid of the nations money at an astonishing rate. 
Even though we don't know whats going to happen fully with Brexit, we do know what will happen with a Corbyn government in charge, and it will be  drawn out, and very painful. If he manages to do a tenth of what he promises, then I shall seriously consider voting him in again. (although I think I'm safe on that one )  Very Happy
So...you claim you're not a numbskull, Glos, but there should be a comma separating "Sorry" from"Biggie"; you can't spell "there" correctly in your first sentence, and then you fail to put an apostrophe in "nations money", and repeat the error in "whats going to happen". Five-year olds can do these simple things, Glos!

Try reading Johnson's disgraceful reaction to being asked by a reporter to view the photo of the poor boy waiting hours on a hospital floor for treatment.

Now tell us that you still support this excuse for a human being......

343General Election - Page 18 Empty Re: General Election Mon Dec 09 2019, 17:27

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

okocha wrote:
gloswhite wrote:

So...you claim you're not a numbskull, Glos, but there should be a comma separating "Sorry" from"Biggie"; you can't spell "there" correctly in your first sentence, and then you fail to put an apostrophe in "nations money", and repeat the error in "whats going to happen". Five-year olds can do these simple things, Glos!

Try reading Johnson's disgraceful reaction to being asked by a reporter to view the photo of the poor boy waiting hours on a hospital floor for treatment.

Okocha, you small minded wanker. This is a forum, not an English class. Ordinarily I check my posts but this one I didn't, (but I did see the 'their' once posted). It must take you hours to send a phone text. 
I rarely respond to your comments Okocha as I feel you are a pompous, righteous, person who, in his (or her) own way is as bad as any other bigot.
I haven't heard or read his comments yet, but your description of him bears out my assessment of you I believe.

344General Election - Page 18 Empty Re: General Election Mon Dec 09 2019, 18:24

Glos - not sure if you’ve missed my question but just wanted to ask what you’re expecting the Tory party to do for you?

345General Election - Page 18 Empty Re: General Election Mon Dec 09 2019, 18:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm out frightening old ladies into voting Labour on Wednesday, so I hope the weather holds up. 

Some of the old dears can turn nasty, but I've discovered that taking a dog with me always gets me off to a good start. 

Not off to a great start with my own Mother voting Green. Mind you, I think she's lying to wind me up.

346General Election - Page 18 Empty Re: General Election Mon Dec 09 2019, 19:34

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

gloswhite wrote:
okocha wrote:
gloswhite wrote:

Okocha, you small minded wanker. This is a forum, not an English class. Ordinarily I check my posts but this one I didn't, (but I did see the 'their' once posted). It must take you hours to send a phone text. 
I rarely respond to your comments Okocha as I feel you are a pompous, righteous, person who, in his (or her) own way is as bad as any other bigot.
I haven't heard or read his comments yet, but your description of him bears out my assessment of you I believe.
I'll ignore the petulant abuse, Glos, but come back to me when you have actually caught up on Boris' latest demonstration of his own sickening shortcomings, not just as a PM but also as a member of the human race. 

Compare with a PM who actually cares about his/her citizens, as Jacinda Ardern clearly does. I don't normally set out to criticise fellow-posters, but it was you who claimed not to be a numbskull, whilst continuing to defend the loathsome  Boris. Just how many more examples of his despicable attitudes do you need before you accept that he is not fit to govern?
I have to admit that the other choices for Thursday are also grim, but it's a case of the least awful right now.

Last edited by okocha on Mon Dec 09 2019, 22:41; edited 1 time in total

347General Election - Page 18 Empty Re: General Election Mon Dec 09 2019, 22:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:

The worst waste of money ever was caused by the greed of the bankers in 2008. It cost taxpayers £500 billion to bail them out. Incredibly the Tories blame the Labour party for this catastrophe. Just like Boris talks about all the imaginary things he is going to do and ignores all the damage the Tories have caused whilst in power.

What the Tories have given us (including you glos) is a massively underfunded NHS with a shortage of nurses and doctors and underfunded education and social services. Dream on glos if you think things are going to get better under Boris and after brexit. There is zero evidence to support your dreams.

348General Election - Page 18 Empty Re: General Election Mon Dec 09 2019, 23:12

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

One of the policies on the Liberal Democrat Manifesto is to tax frequent fliers. Emma Thompson paradoxically will be voting to tax herself ( if she indeed is voting Liberal ). Those who take the most international flights face a tax rise, while costs would come down for people who take one or two international return flights a year.

349General Election - Page 18 Empty Re: General Election Mon Dec 09 2019, 23:14

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Another Liberal Democrat Policy on their Manifesto and one which a lot of the Pensioners will be keen on is to legalise Canabis to Help to break the grip of the criminal gangs by introducing a legal, regulated market for cannabis.

350General Election - Page 18 Empty Re: General Election Mon Dec 09 2019, 23:25

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Nigel Farage has said he would open a Wetherspoons in every Hospital for people with fighting injuries who want another drink.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum