Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » General Election

General Election

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 16]

361General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Wed Dec 11 2019, 13:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Google fridgegate and see the Tories at their finest  Laughing

362General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Wed Dec 11 2019, 14:00

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Laughing Laughing Laughing

363General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Wed Dec 11 2019, 15:01

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
OK, numptys, I'm back, but disappearing again. 
Just want to apologize to Okocha for calling him a small minded wanker. 
I know he's not, but he niggled me when he got on his high horse about a quickly put-together posting.

364General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Wed Dec 11 2019, 15:11

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
@gloswhite wrote:OK, numptys, I'm back, but disappearing again. 
I know he's not, but he niggled me when he got on his high horse about a quickly put-together posting.

I think you will find that the correct spelling of numptys is numpties. Smile

366General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Wed Dec 11 2019, 16:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Have you abandoned us Glos? I've been away so don't know what's happened.

367General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Wed Dec 11 2019, 16:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The door knocking brigade are out in force.

Last edited by boltonbonce on Sat Dec 14 2019, 10:48; edited 1 time in total

368General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Wed Dec 11 2019, 21:52

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
@Norpig wrote:Have you abandoned us Glos? I've been away so don't know what's happened.
Hi Mr Pig. No, not abandoned, but been busy lately, Just nipping in and out for the odd mud-slinging session  Rolling Eyes   
Needless to say, I'm usually outnumbered, so now I'm just waiting to see what happens in the election, whilst sitting in my foxhole  Laughing

369General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Wed Dec 11 2019, 21:54

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
@xmiles wrote:
@gloswhite wrote:OK, numptys, I'm back, but disappearing again. 

I think you will find that the correct spelling of numptys is numpties. Smile
I bloody knew this when I typed it, and still went ahead and posted it.  Shocked

Time for another lie down I think.

370General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Wed Dec 11 2019, 21:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
General Election - Page 13 137a5da63d156bb208aa6edcb879d35e

371General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Wed Dec 11 2019, 21:58

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
Sound advice KP. Its something I'm working on  Very Happy

372General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Wed Dec 11 2019, 22:38

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Says the troll. Rolling Eyes

373General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Thu Dec 12 2019, 13:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Hope everyone is voting today? If you don't vote then don't moan when you don't like the result.

As you can tell i'll be voting Labour but i don't think they will win. I actually think we will get a hung Parliament and be worse off than we were before. Brexit and everything else will take longer and be more painful if that happens.

374General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Thu Dec 12 2019, 13:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:Hope everyone is voting today? If you don't vote then don't moan when you don't like the result.

As you can tell i'll be voting Labour but i don't think they will win. I actually think we will get a hung Parliament and be worse off than we were before. Brexit and everything else will take longer and be more painful if that happens.
Are you sure you really want to vote Labour Norpig? 

Labour's Diane Abbott appears to have rushed out in ODD shoes 

https://mol.im/a/7784881

Very Happy

375General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Thu Dec 12 2019, 13:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Yes i'm sure thanks KP. The constant abuse thrown at Abbott and Corbyn for the last few years has been shocking and no laughing matter though.
Even as a Labour supporter i can see she doesn't help herself sometimes but look at Boris, he's a fuckwit and everyone thinks he's amazing  Rolling Eyes

376General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Thu Dec 12 2019, 15:09

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
@karlypants wrote:
@Norpig wrote:Hope everyone is voting today? If you don't vote then don't moan when you don't like the result.

Are you sure you really want to vote Labour Norpig? 

Labour's Diane Abbott appears to have rushed out in ODD shoes 

https://mol.im/a/7784881

Very Happy

Well at least she wasn't hiding in a fridge.

377General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Fri Dec 13 2019, 02:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Greetings from Vietnam!
Looks like there’s only going to be one winner in the unpopularity contest - and that’s the unelectable bearded delusionary one. 
Shame our country’s economic future has had to be sacrificed to get rid of him at last but maybe this will finally herald the rebirth of reason with Sir Keir at the helm? 

Can someone ask Corbyn to switch the lights off on his way out?

378General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Fri Dec 13 2019, 07:34

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Victory for the Conservatives.

379General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Fri Dec 13 2019, 09:09

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:Victory for the Conservatives.
cheers cheers cheers cheers

380General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Fri Dec 13 2019, 09:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The wailing of bitter remoaners is music to my ears. Your day is done. The people have spoken and told you that we will have Brexit. Carry on having a hissy fit if it helps you. It makes the rest of us laugh.

381General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Fri Dec 13 2019, 09:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Enjoy the Bahn Mi Wander! Smile

382General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Fri Dec 13 2019, 09:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:Enjoy the Bahn Mi Wander! Smile
You should get yourself out here ASAP KP - apparently since the election you can get more dong for your pound  Shocked

383General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Fri Dec 13 2019, 11:47

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
Welcome to the one-nation Conservative-run UK  Very Happy

Hopefully, the abuse will now stop.

384General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Fri Dec 13 2019, 11:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:Welcome to the one-nation Conservative-run UK  Very Happy

Get stuffed. Razz

385General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Fri Dec 13 2019, 12:15

You’re the only one throwing abuse about.

386General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Fri Dec 13 2019, 12:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@wanderlust wrote:
@karlypants wrote:Enjoy the Bahn Mi Wander! Smile
You should get yourself out here ASAP KP - apparently since the election you can get more dong for your pound  Shocked
I was there a few months back. Smile

387General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Fri Dec 13 2019, 12:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I will be celebrating tonight mate!  cheers

388General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Fri Dec 13 2019, 12:54

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
T.R.O.Y wrote:

You’re the only one throwing abuse about.

You have overlooked the abuse karly posts on a regular basis.

389General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Fri Dec 13 2019, 23:28

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Personally I think Boris is a disaster as Prime Minister and Brexit a catastrophe BUT in all truth while I think the country as a whole is going to be much worse off now there is a small but hopefully highly significant silver lining in last night's meltdown.

I've always respected Jeremy Corbyn and admired the courage of his convictions but never agreed with him on most of his domestic policies. The "Momentum" group are, to my eyes at least a reborn "Militant" with an internet connection and nothing more. In fact the state my party is in today reminds me quite vividly of the Michael Foot days. Labour is just as out of touch with reality now as we were then and while I realise it's a very thin straw to clutch at I'm hoping that the thumping defeat we took last night will cause the sort of rebirth of moderate and centre left Labour policies begun by Neil Kinnock and the late, great John Smith.

In truth the party as a whole needs to take a very hard look at itself and ask if this lurch to the extreme left (eg Jeremy Corbyn's idea to re-nationalise all kinds of things and reinstitute Clause IV) was an appropriate response to the Tories lurch to the far right. Of course it wasn't in my opinion and I believe that we can't hide behind "Brexit caused it" because in Scotland the SNP who are firmly pro-remain made huge strides at both Tory and Labour's expense.

What mattered was the fact he made a bunch of idiot promises a 2 yr old wouldn't believe and then sat on the fence on the biggest single issue of the election. Despite losing her own seat Swinson can justifiably claim her party got a larger share of the vote than it did in 2017 when she openly said she would cancel Brexit. She didn't lose to a leaver either, she lost to an SNP remainer.

And that brings me to my final point. Last night's result is going to cause all kinds of problems between Edinburgh and London. Sturgeon can justifiably claim there is widespread support for a 2nd Independence referendum in Scotland. Boris says he won't allow it but how can he justify such hypocrisy? Surely he's spent the last three years arguing for Britain to be 'independent' so how can he demand it on one hand then deny others the right to pursue it for themselves?

With a majority of 78 he should be able to govern easily but given the fractured nature of British politics as a whole he might find himself struggling on a number of extremely important issues. Brexit is a temporary issue now, it'll be done in a month and then the negotiations for a trade deal with the EU will start but I predict it won't be long before he finds himself fighting on several fronts at once on other issues.

Sorry about the long post but I think it's worth thinking about where we as a nation will go from here. The road may well be a lot rockier than anyone currently imagines.

390General Election - Page 13 Empty Re: General Election on Fri Dec 13 2019, 23:49

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
You make some good points lpp but one fundamental problem for Labour is Corbyn. He is the worst leader that Labour has ever had (with the possible exception of Foot). He has no leadership ability; he is a hypocrite; and he simply refuses to admit he is ever wrong.

I know the Tory press and media have never given him a chance but his ability to fuck up is astonishing. Just look at his total failure to deal with anti-semitism within the Labour party or even apologise for it.

It is a tragedy that we now have a serial liar with no morals or principles as prime minister and a large part of the blame for this rests with Corbyn for being so totally useless.

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum