Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rammywhite

+20
xmiles
bryan458
RangersDave
Ten Bobsworth
Hip Priest
BoltonTillIDie
observer
luckyPeterpiper
gloswhite
Norpig
okocha
Cajunboy
wanderlust
Sluffy
karlypants
Bread2.0
MartinBWFC
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
rammywhite
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1rammywhite death - Rammywhite Empty Rammywhite Mon Nov 25 2019, 10:48

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hello everyone. I may well be posting this in the wrong place, apologies if so! I just wanted to let you know that my dad David (aka Rammywhite) passed away in Bury Hospice on Saturday, shortly before the Accrington Stanley match began, so at least he never knew the score 😉

Before he died he asked me to make sure I let you know and to thank you all for your friendship and excellent football banter over the past couple of years.

Cheers,
Rammywhite Junior (Helen)

2rammywhite death - Rammywhite Empty Re: Rammywhite Mon Nov 25 2019, 10:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am really sorry to hear that Helen, your Dad was one of the best things about this site. I will miss him and his posts.

My commiserations to you and your family.

3rammywhite death - Rammywhite Empty Re: Rammywhite Mon Nov 25 2019, 11:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't tell you how sorry I am to hear this. Rammy was one of the good guys, and they're getting harder to come across these days.
As Nat says, he was one of the best things about this place, and I'll miss his insightful posts, and, more importantly, his humour.
My heartfelt commiserations to you, and your family.

4rammywhite death - Rammywhite Empty Re: Rammywhite Mon Nov 25 2019, 11:40

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

My condolences Helen, I lost my Dad last week so know how you feel, Rammy was a great source of information during the clubs struggle, wishing you and your family heartfelt commiserations.

5rammywhite death - Rammywhite Empty Re: Rammywhite Mon Nov 25 2019, 11:40

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Just popped back to offer my condolences to you Helen after Boncey passed on your sad news in an email.

I can't really add much to what Nat & Boncey have already said.

Your Dad was clearly one of the good guys & even though many of us never met him in person, we'll miss his quick wit & calm, informed opinion.

During a period in which the club's off-field shenanigans provided more headlines than the actual football, your Dad became the "go to guy" whenever we were scratching our heads trying to work out what it all meant. 

He'll be sorely missed & my thoughts are with you & your loved ones at this difficult time.

Dave.
x

6rammywhite death - Rammywhite Empty Re: Rammywhite Mon Nov 25 2019, 11:41

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Condolences to Martin too.

Really sorry to hear that, mate.

(Our messages crossed.)

7rammywhite death - Rammywhite Empty Re: Rammywhite Mon Nov 25 2019, 11:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m very saddened to hear this news of our friend Rammy. An incredibly nice person to chat with.

I’m sure I can say that we are all thinking of all the family at this incredibly difficult time.

I’m glad he crossed our path in life on here.

8rammywhite death - Rammywhite Empty Re: Rammywhite Mon Nov 25 2019, 11:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:My condolences Helen, I lost my Dad last week so know how you feel, Rammy was a great source of information during the clubs struggle, wishing you and your family heartfelt commiserations.
I’m sorry to hear of your sad news today too Martin.

Condolences to you too mate.

9rammywhite death - Rammywhite Empty Re: Rammywhite Mon Nov 25 2019, 12:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:My condolences Helen, I lost my Dad last week so know how you feel, Rammy was a great source of information during the clubs struggle, wishing you and your family heartfelt commiserations.
I’m sorry to hear of your sad news today too Martin.

Condolences to you too mate.
I echo those thoughts Martin.

10rammywhite death - Rammywhite Empty Re: Rammywhite Mon Nov 25 2019, 12:59

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thanks guys, but this thread is for Rammy.

11rammywhite death - Rammywhite Empty Re: Rammywhite Mon Nov 25 2019, 14:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

How truly sorry I am to hear of his passing.

I echo the thoughts and words of everyone above, your father was a extremely well liked and respected poster on here, and I've no doubt whatsoever he was loved and treasured by all who knew he personally.

Thank you for informing us of the sad news at such a distressing time for yourself and your family but it gives me some comfort to know that he did enjoyed himself going through the highs and lows (mainly lows in recent years!) of Bolton Wanderers Football Club with the rest of us on our little forum.

RIP.

So sorry to hear about your loss too, Martin.

12rammywhite death - Rammywhite Empty Re: Rammywhite Mon Nov 25 2019, 14:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a lovely guy Rammy (David) was and that's how he'll be remembered. I never met him face to face but we chatted about the Wanderers of course, but also about Doune (I studied at Stirling in the 70s so know the area well) and my mate's bar in Rammy amongst other things. He never had a bad word for anyone and showed considerable integrity in all his comments and mails. My deepest condolences to you Helen and to your family and friends. RIP Rammy.

13rammywhite death - Rammywhite Empty Re: Rammywhite Mon Nov 25 2019, 15:10

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I can only echo all the comments  that have been said about your dad, Helen.  He was one of the nice guys ( very rare) and we all respected his opinions on the clubs financial plight.

We are all thinking of you and your family at this sad and difficult time.

RIP Rammy.

14rammywhite death - Rammywhite Empty Re: Rammywhite Mon Nov 25 2019, 15:17

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hi Martin, sorry to hear your sad news about your dad too.

15rammywhite death - Rammywhite Empty Re: Rammywhite Mon Nov 25 2019, 15:18

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

David was, for a while, a neighbour of mine whom I respected and now mourn for. 

Helen, you were blessed to have him as your dad and everyone on the site will miss him. Thank you for letting us know.

16rammywhite death - Rammywhite Empty Re: Rammywhite Mon Nov 25 2019, 16:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Helen really sorry to hear about our good friend rammy, we may not have met in person but i still would consider him a friend. He was a great poster on here and was always a voice of reason and very knowledgeable when it came to the many financial woes BWFC have had over the last few years.

He will be greatly missed on here.

17rammywhite death - Rammywhite Empty Re: Rammywhite Mon Nov 25 2019, 19:24

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Helen, such sad news, and your dad will be sorely missed. I had great respect for Rammy, a true gent.
My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

18rammywhite death - Rammywhite Empty Re: Rammywhite Mon Nov 25 2019, 20:01

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Just echoing everyone else on here in saying I'm so sorry to hear this Helen and your dad will be missed. Please accept mine and Wendy's condolences.

19rammywhite death - Rammywhite Empty Re: Rammywhite Mon Nov 25 2019, 22:10

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Condolences to both families who lost loved ones this past week.  May you find comfort with good memories.

20rammywhite death - Rammywhite Empty Re: Rammywhite Mon Nov 25 2019, 22:35

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very sad news, he will be greatly missed.  Condolences to you, Helen and the rest of your family.  Thoughts are with you all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic