Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Administration and beyond!

+13
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
RangersDave
gloswhite
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
terenceanne
wanderlust
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
karlypants
Ten Bobsworth
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 14]

221Administration and beyond! - Page 12 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Tue May 03 2022, 08:42

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lets not get side-tracked but when The Times takes any lead from Iles of the Beeno, you know its time to grab the salt cellar. You might just have to refill it a few times.

Far from being the main stumbling block in the negotiations, Ken Anderson's £237K part of the £28.5million deal seems to have been an afterthought. Some may recall how an individual, with the initials JME, had apparently released to social media, news that the deal had been done when it hadn't been agreed with KA's legal team, presumably because they hadn't been party to the main negotiations.

Over the weekend that followed, a deal was agreed that KA would get £237K, doubtless to settle agreements with folk who had carried on working prior to the administrators appointment and who wouldn't have done so without such assurances.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Tue May 03 2022, 09:44; edited 1 time in total

222Administration and beyond! - Page 12 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Tue May 03 2022, 09:29

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BarrygoestoBolton wrote:You may have already seen this transcript of Nick Luckock’s speech at the end-of-season awards dinner:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not much, if any,  new information, but pretty upbeat nonetheless.

Thanks Barry. I don't suppose anybody would have been much impressed if he'd gone along and done a Clarence Frogman Henry impression.

223Administration and beyond! - Page 12 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Wed May 04 2022, 13:11

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sunderland are the latest to file their 2021 accounts which leaves:

Five green bottles hanging on the wall! - so to speak

I'll come back on The Times nonsense in due course, Sluffy, but have you thought about why Sharon would be asking Nick Mason for financial assistance to buy BWFC if she was worth £45.8million? In fact why should she be asking him to subscribe at all?

224Administration and beyond! - Page 12 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Wed May 04 2022, 13:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Sunderland are the latest to file their 2021 accounts which leaves:

Five green bottles hanging on the wall! - so to speak

I'll come back on The Times nonsense in due course, Sluffy, but have you thought about why Sharon would be asking Nick Mason for financial assistance to buy BWFC if she was worth £45.8million? In fact why should she be asking him to subscribe at all?

I take the Times with a pinch of salt (like all the other papers too).

The Times reported that Eddie was worth only(!) £93m but he ended up having to write off £200m - shows what The Times actually knew doesn't it!

However even if she did have £46m there's nothing to say that she wouldn't look to share the risk with Mason or anyone else, in fact I would think that's more likely than take all the risk herself like Eddie did.

Patience is a virtue they say, so I guess we all have to be virtuous until the time FV finally does submit their accounts!

225Administration and beyond! - Page 12 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Wed May 04 2022, 14:39

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

I take the Times with a pinch of salt (like all the other papers too).

The Times reported that Eddie was worth only(!) £93m but he ended up having to write off £200m - shows what The Times actually knew doesn't it!

However even if she did have £46m there's nothing to say that she wouldn't look to share the risk with Mason or anyone else, in fact I would think that's more likely than take all the risk herself like Eddie did.

Patience is a virtue they say, so I guess we all have to be virtuous until the time FV finally does submit their accounts!

If a friend came to me and said "I want to stash a few million quid in a money pit, how do you fancy sharing the risk?", I'd have to draw a few breaths before saying, "Get outta here". I'm not sure that Lady B would be that polite.

226Administration and beyond! - Page 12 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Wed May 04 2022, 15:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:

If a friend came to me and said "I want to stash a few million quid in a money pit, how do you fancy sharing the risk?", I'd have to draw a few breaths before saying, "Get outta here". I'm not sure that Lady B would be that polite.
If you're looking to invest, Bob, you'll do well to get in on the ground floor, as I continue my experiments with my latest invention. The compressed air suppository gun for home use.
When I get out of hospital I'll send you some preliminary findings.

227Administration and beyond! - Page 12 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Wed May 04 2022, 15:58

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
If you're looking to invest, Bob, you'll do well to get in on the ground floor, as I continue my experiments with my latest invention. The compressed air suppository gun for home use.
When I get out of hospital I'll send you some preliminary findings.
You could be on to a gold mine there, Boncey. Have you thought of a name for it? I'll sell you Bottomsup for three million quid. Its a bargain, honestly.

228Administration and beyond! - Page 12 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Wed May 04 2022, 17:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:If a friend came to me and said "I want to stash a few million quid in a money pit, how do you fancy sharing the risk?", I'd have to draw a few breaths before saying, "Get outta here". I'm not sure that Lady B would be that polite.

The thing is, whether the likes of us Bob can fathom it or not, there seems to be a never ending queue of people (and not all tyre kickers by any means) who are doing exactly that!

I can only assume they have more money than they know what to do with it?

James and Luckock have invested along with Sharon - so why not Mason (and others)?

I guess we will all find out sooner or later as the bills either get paid or they don't!

229Administration and beyond! - Page 12 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Wed May 04 2022, 17:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
You could be on to a gold mine there, Boncey. Have you thought of a name for it? I'll sell you Bottomsup for three million quid. Its a bargain, honestly.
I was thinking of calling it The Enterprise.

Like the famed Star Trek ship, it searches Uranus for Klingons.

230Administration and beyond! - Page 12 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Wed May 04 2022, 18:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:
I was thinking of calling it The Enterprise.

Like the famed Star Trek ship, it searches Uranus for Klingons.

To boldly go where no man has gone before?

231Administration and beyond! - Page 12 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Wed May 04 2022, 18:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

To boldly go where no man has gone before?

Steady. Shocked

232Administration and beyond! - Page 12 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Thu May 05 2022, 13:36

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sheffield Wednesday's 2021 accounts have landed today. That leaves just four laggards from League 1.

Bolton fan and pickle factory owner, Nellie Pledge, isn't happy.  "It's not right, is it? 'Ow long are they going to keep us all in suspenders?", complained Nellie.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Fri May 06 2022, 07:06; edited 1 time in total

233Administration and beyond! - Page 12 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Thu May 05 2022, 13:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Sheffield Wednesday's 2021 accounts have landed today. That leaves just four laggards from League 1.

Bolton fan and pickle factory owner, Nelly Pledge, isn't happy.  "It's not right, is it? 'Ow long are they going to keep us all in suspenders?", complained Nelly.
What are you trying to incinerate? Smile

234Administration and beyond! - Page 12 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Thu May 05 2022, 14:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

235Administration and beyond! - Page 12 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Thu May 05 2022, 15:28

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

And now there's just three green bottles hanging on the wall.

Wimbledon have filed.

236Administration and beyond! - Page 12 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Fri May 06 2022, 07:05

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sunderland's accounts make grim reading. If Bolton was a basket case, Sunderland has been a bigger one. They'll be keen to get through the play-offs to share in the new TV deal under which the Championship stands to get 80% of the EFL 'solidarity' money.

Thinking of Nellie Pledge's pickles, spare a thought for Keith Hill. Bolton's best known onion aficianado has added another relegation to his CV this season, taking Scunthorpe United into the National League. Out of the frying pan into the soupe a l'oignon, so to speak.

Baron Beefy won't be pleased.

237Administration and beyond! - Page 12 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Fri May 06 2022, 08:39

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I was wondering who was going to be the biggest losers between the Owls and the Black Cats. Wednesday, by a distance, is the answer. £26million losses versus £12million.

They both got their accounts filed nearly on time though, without playing the COVID card.

I'm not too bothered about 'Mickey Mouse' Morecambe but whose going to be the biggest loser between Ipswich and Bolton and whose going to be the last to come clean? Place your bets.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Fri May 06 2022, 10:24; edited 1 time in total

238Administration and beyond! - Page 12 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Fri May 06 2022, 08:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:I was wondering who was going to be the biggest losers between the Owls and the Black Cats. Wednesday, by a distance, is the answer. £26million losses versus £12million.

They both got their accounts filed nearly on time though, without playing the COVID card.

I'm not too bothered about 'Mickey Mouse' Morecambe but whose going to be the biggest loser between Ipswich and Bolton and whose going to be the last to come clean? Place your bets.
I blame Barry Bannan. Every club he plays for loses a fortune whilst he’s there. Coincidence?Just saying.

239Administration and beyond! - Page 12 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Fri May 06 2022, 12:02

BarrygoestoBolton

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Second year in a row for the Owls at that level of losses. Painful!

240Administration and beyond! - Page 12 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Fri May 06 2022, 14:04

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BarrygoestoBolton wrote:Second year in a row for the Owls at that level of losses. Painful!
Very painful. Not that Barry Bannon's £24K per week is the reason even though it is a lot for a League 1 club.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum